Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Shooting Crony F1  (Read 2211 times))

Offline Rescue35

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Olivent.org
Shooting Crony F1
« on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:02 PM »
Since it was requested.

Simple to use. Easy to read up to 20' away if it is in the shade. With the sun hitting it you can't read it as far do to the glare. Keep in mind my eyesight is 20/20. No memory. Which means I can run the strings the way I want to or just step out to grab a couple of readings if need be.

Dislikes:
It takes a while to set up. If they are going to have it fold and break down to be compact the arms and sun shades should all fit inside.

I'm happy with this chronograph. If I needed to document my strings it would have made sense to step up to a model with memory and printing ability.

I shot over this crony with my PC77 at point blank range and it read the shot. I also kept my shots within 6-10" above the sensors but I got as high as 12" and it still would read the shots.

• Sweetwater, TN
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." -Wernher von Braun

Texan .45
TalonSS .25
2260 PCP converted
1322 supercharged

Offline john

• is crossing the river by feeling for stones. He can only imagine what it's like to be a
  • Sharp Shooter
Re: Shooting Crony F1
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
How you like the tripod? Would you recommend it?
Benj Trail NP .22 HW, modified shroud, semi-floated Summit stock, home-tuned including deburing, honing, new Crosman piston seal, JM piston buttons, muzzle crowned, trigger group shimmed/debured, padded cocking lever, w/ CP3-9x40AO (3500CPHPs, 500CPUMs, 175CP pointed hunting, 4500RWS superdomes, 250 JSBExpress, 1000 JSBExacts, 250 H&N FTTs, for a total of over 10K shots so far)
Falcon Prairie Sporter Carbine .22 Bull Barrel Multi Shot

Offline Rescue35

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Olivent.org
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:29:46 PM »
The tripod worked fine for me. Of course there wasn't any wind while I was shooting. I like the ability to adjust the hight and it is simple to change it's location.
  • Sweetwater, TN
"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." -Wernher von Braun

Texan .45
TalonSS .25
2260 PCP converted
1322 supercharged

Offline john

• is crossing the river by feeling for stones. He can only imagine what it's like to be a
  • Sharp Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 09:02:46 PM »
Yeah, the height adjustment is a must. I would like to know the brand of that tripod.
Benj Trail NP .22 HW, modified shroud, semi-floated Summit stock, home-tuned including deburing, honing, new Crosman piston seal, JM piston buttons, muzzle crowned, trigger group shimmed/debured, padded cocking lever, w/ CP3-9x40AO (3500CPHPs, 500CPUMs, 175CP pointed hunting, 4500RWS superdomes, 250 JSBExpress, 1000 JSBExacts, 250 H&N FTTs, for a total of over 10K shots so far)
Falcon Prairie Sporter Carbine .22 Bull Barrel Multi Shot

Offline Rescue35

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Olivent.org
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
It is just a cheap freebie... it came with a bank account.
  • Sweetwater, TN

Texan .45
TalonSS .25
2260 PCP converted
1322 supercharged