Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Doyle is a SCAMMER!!! AGN cross post be warned!!!  (Read 1788 times))

Offline Pizzaman

• Shooter
  • yes
Doyle is a SCAMMER!!! AGN cross post be warned!!!
« on: April 24, 2021, 09:17:41 PM »
*** This is a cross post of mine from AGN where I am a long time member (I go by Pizzman2976 on that site).. Be warned that Odoyle (who goes by Doyle on this site) is a SCAMMER!!!

Be warned!!   Odoyle is still scamming people out of money.   

I listed scoped on AGN on April 8 and he texted me asking to buy.  He asked me to bundle another scope and sold for $160 total.

He claimed he would send me a money order ASAP.  If you know Odoyle, this is not uncommon.  I did not think anything of it because I had sold him a scope before and had no problems. 

This time I never received the money order.  Even though he asked that I folllow-up with him to confirm the scopes were delivered.  He confirmed they were and I have the post office confirmation as well.

Still no money order to date.... I have followed-up multiple times and every time it's another excuse.  He told me USPS was delayed... multiple times... even though I confirmed there was no delay and it does not take this long for REGULAR mail to be delivered.  He then claimed he talked to the Post Master general because he suspects someone is stealing his mail....

Then he claimed he would send me a new money order with pic and tracking... then SURPRISE.. he forgot to go to the post office..

NOW... he he claiming he never received the scopes even though I have his text message confirmations that he received them and Post Office receipts they were delivered.

ODOYLE IS A SCAMMER!!! Deal with him at your own risk..

I'll be posting this to GTA as well.... Spread the word.

PS -- I never knew about his old past on the Yellow.  I wish someone would have said someone as I would have never dealt with him had I known he scammed people out of thousands of dollars before.

I'm posting this here now so nobody else makes the same mistake again...

If anyone wants to see proof, I have all the text message and receipts.. literally.

PPS -- for those on the forum, you should know that when I followed up with him to ask why he was late, he uses your names to vouch for himself.  JAMESD -- he is particularly fond of using you to back up his bogus claims and proof of his good character.  Just thought you should know.

Offline ssbn617

• Expert
  • More fun than shooting rats at the dump
Re: Doyle is a SCAMMER!!! AGN cross post be warned!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 09:50:43 PM »
I believe he has a history of this on the old yellow.
He changes his name on AGN more than I change my underwear, for this reason.
He is starting his own forum on Monday.
177  CCA Diana 54
20    CCA Diana 54
22    Diana 54
20    Diana 34

Offline SILENT SQUIRREL

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 10:02:11 PM »
I believe he has a history of this on the old yellow.
He changes his name on AGN more than I change my underwear, for this reason.
He is starting his own forum on Monday.

YO
Don't hold your breath awaiting a successful launch.
Rumor has it he's changing his name to Frank                 
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 10:16:42 PM by SILENT SQUIRREL »
  • The other Washington
LOL??? No way!! Either you get it or you don't.

Offline triggertreat

• ...2017 GTA (PCP class) ...Fun Shoot Winner
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ☉ Aim high and shoot far ☆
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:21:56 PM »
Is this the one who claims to have a bunch of scope brand knowledge?  I already kinda called him out as a troll on one of his recent post if so.  The name sounds familiar.  He was dumping on the Element Titian scope, which I have and knew something was fishy by that, but let it go.

• USA - Tennessee
(Matthew 12:25)   Jesus said “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand".

22 Marauder (MMHF) - Reflex
25 Marauder - Reflex
25 FX Impact II - Shogun
30 FX Impact II - Shogun
357 Slayer - Emperor
AV-4500
Stikman

Offline limbshaker

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 11:04:06 PM »
"Doyle" has a real name, but he won't ever post it, because of his colorful past on the Yellow Forum years back.

"Van Thong", "Mousefart", "AJ", "Tony in Hawaii"

Those were his handles back then in his glory days if you fellas were around back then. If you weren't, I suggest giving them a google before doing business.
  • Decatur, AL
A few junky old spring powered Weihrauchs, couple of precharged Weihrauchs, a couple beat up old FWBs, a smoothbore Krico, an electric Daystate and an Ataman pistol..And drawers full of pieces of all of the above...

Offline Mr.P

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 11:52:51 PM »
I missed the glory days?    :'(

Disappointed to hear odoyle/ Doyle/ yo is not all I had hoped.  Learned a few things but also confused by posts about stuff that seemed crazy and outlandish. 

"Outlandish" now there's a weird term.  My grandmother speaking there...
  • USA, OR, Portland

Offline HPAman

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 03:40:05 AM »
I think it would be fair to let him defend himself. He isn't banned on either AGN or here, so he can login and defend himself.

Hope to see you get this resolved quickly.

Regards,
HPAman
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 03:57:46 AM by HPAman »
  • USA, CA, San Luis Obispo

Offline Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58)

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Ain't no wrong way to do the right thing!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 09:47:30 AM »
Wow!  That's sad to hear.  I've found his triad of childish memes somewhat annoying at times, but always felt he was relatively harmless otherwise.  I hope things work out for you, and thank you for the heads up.
  • Navarre, FL
PCP RIFLES:
AEA Challenger .30
Benjamin Cayden .22
Benjamin Marauder .22
FX Crown Continuum .22/.25
FX Dreamline Classic .25/.22
FX Dream-Tac Compact .177/.22
FX Maverick .22
Huben K1 .22

PCP PISTOLS:
Ataman AP16 .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Hatsan AT-P1 .177

PCP AIR SUPPLY:
Benjamin Recharge
Benjamin Traveler
Benjamin 90ci Guppy Tank

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Start the day with the GTA!
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2021, 09:52:33 AM »
There is a special place in Hades for thieves.
Psalm 27

JimQwerty123 always said ...
"Shoot safe and have fun,"

Offline bear air

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2021, 10:02:30 AM »
Never cared for this "know it all", "have it all", "done it all" dude to begin with. I'm sure good ol karma will get him. Sorry bout your luck and thanks for letting the rest of us know.
  • Sioux City IA, USA
Benjamin Armada Bottle Carbine 30 cal UTG 10x44, Benjamin Armada 25 cal Kuiu Vias vinyl wrap 20'' MMHF barrel UTG 4x16x44, Benjamin Marauder 22 cal x2 1-24'' MMHF barrel 500cc bottle gun Bushnell Nitro 2.5x10x44 FFP, 1-20''LW barrel Bushnell 4x12x40 Engage, Benjamin Marauder 17 cal 20''LW barrel Bushnell Engage 4x12x40, Benjamin Fortitude 22 cal 20'' LW barrel Boyds at one thumbhole stock Discovery 3x12x44 FFP, Beeman Quiet TEK 22 & 177 cal Beeman Silver Kodiak x2 22 cal & 177cal Psalm 107:14  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains

Offline Insanity

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 3D printing guru.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »
Interesting he is using names of people here to vouch for him as he is very new here.
  • Carey OH
Ruger Impact Max
Beeman p17 Donated to the 2020 fun shoot.
Benjamin Trail NP2
Gamo Urban
Crosman 2240
Air Venturi G7S
Mrod .25 Thanks Shakysarge.
Crosman 760 second variant 1972
Original model Showbox upgraded.
Kral Puncher Nemesis in .22.

PM me for 3D printing needs.

Offline HPAman

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »
I don't buy used and have never purchased a used rifle, so I have no dog in this fight, but you can always use direct ACH debit/credit 3rd party apps like Venmo. Odoyle could sign in, contact Pizzaman, send him the money in seconds (to resolve this), and then place a stop on those checks. Money orders and official checks can be refunded after being called back...I should know I have worked for two banks.

I obviously don't know all the details here and can't judge beyond the fact that OP hasn't gotten paid. It doesn't matter if USPS is bad at their job-their problem is not OP's problem. There are a lot of ways to solve this within a couple minutes like Venmo....in addition to signing in on either of his GTA or AGN profiles and directly contacting OP or text/call him.

The history with Yellow forum is interesting and I was around back then, but like I said I don't buy or sell used so I never paid attention to BOI.

Anyway, hope some of you guys check out some other payment processing platforms. There are some cool ones - they won't make fraud any less likely, but it gets USPS delivery of payment out of the way and places the payment processing in your hands...most banks now have am intigrated form of instant money transfer option inside their phone app. If you don't know, ask your bank. Also money orders and cashier checks are negotiable, and making them at brick and mortar banks makes it easier for take backs (even with checks already cleared).

Well my rant is done.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:02:44 PM by HPAman »

Offline kkarmical

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 06:46:18 PM »

I just can't see sending someone I read a few posts online from anything with just the promise to pay, then especially with the way the mail has been in the last year, calling them out after 2 weeks.

To me that's nonsense, because if you couldn't take the financial hit, you had no business sending it out with just the promise to pay.

You're taking a gamble sending something out with just a promise to pay, and never gamble with ANYTHING YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE...

• Fairfield, CA
Artemis PP750 & PP700SA  both .22
Taipan Vet Shorty .25
Kral NP-03 .25
Airforce TalonP
Mrod Bullpup .25
Kral P/Breaker .22
SPA P-12 .22

Online Motorhead

• Field Target Shooter .... Stand em up Shoot em down
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 2019 Hall Of Fame Recipient
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2021, 07:21:32 PM »

I just can't see sending someone I read a few posts online from anything with just the promise to pay, then especially with the way the mail has been in the last year, calling them out after 2 weeks.

To me that's nonsense, because if you couldn't take the financial hit, you had no business sending it out with just the promise to pay.

You're taking a gamble sending something out with just a promise to pay, and never gamble with ANYTHING YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE...

I'm not so sure i would agree with that statement ???

I get a dozen or so folks every month sending me FREE AIR GUNS valued from Hundreds to Thousands of dollars each !     
Can they afford to loose them .... Heck no they can't !!  Being the point i don't agree with.
Sure reputation of who your working with and TRUSTING to do the right thing comes into play, but really if we as a society are to operate there needs to be some trust in one another and understand that Time To Time Stuff happens !!
In this case just hoping something silly or stupid being a compounded issue by persons other than the two parties in depute.

Off my soapbox as well ....

Scott S 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:22:54 PM by amb5500c »
  • Northern California ... Old Hangtown
** Home of MOTORHEADS AG Tuning Services **
        ** PM me for further contact & tuning info.

Sacramento Valley Field Target Club
#https://sites.google.com/site/sacvalleyairgunclub/

Online Firewalker

• Expert
  • USN from birth to the grave
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2021, 07:41:42 PM »
I don't know Doyle I just smelled sumptin' off about all the scope posts and just stayed away.  ::)
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
You may not go around, you must go through.

Offline HPAman

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2021, 08:49:59 PM »

I'm not so sure i would agree with that statement ???

I get a dozen or so folks every month sending me FREE AIR GUNS valued from Hundreds to Thousands of dollars each !     
Can they afford to loose them .... Heck no they can't !!  Being the point i don't agree with.
Sure reputation of who your working with and TRUSTING to do the right thing comes into play, but really if we as a society are to operate there needs to be some trust in one another and understand that Time To Time Stuff happens !!
In this case just hoping something silly or stupid being a compounded issue by persons other than the two parties in depute.

Off my soapbox as well ....

Scott S

From time to time stuff does happen...I think there is a high probability this will resolve in the week. I had a Social Security mail issue happen last two months - took them 6 weeks to deliver a standard letter...in the same town. So, yeah a little bit of caution, street wisdom, and grace goes a long way in every transaction.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:25:28 PM by amb5500c »

Offline jasmlowe

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2021, 09:34:14 PM »
Did he ask you to send the scope before you got the money?
  • Wartburg, TN

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 10:11:31 PM »
Did he ask you to send the scope before you got the money?

Does that matter? If you searched the above names on the yellow I think you will see it seems to be a recurring theme. Every couple of years he's around for about 8-10 months building up peoples confidence and purchasing items. Then a few send the items before payment and BAM he's gone.
Check it out, don't take my word for it. I've seen the same type of behavior with junkies (not implying Doyle is a junkie as I don't personally know the guy (or gal))
  • USA, PA, YORK

Offline jasmlowe

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 10:59:09 PM »
I was there back then. I remember the Yellow Forum very well. I go screwed a few times in trading with people lying about the condition of their gun, so I stopped trading. I've never sent anything before I received the money because that's not how you do business and I have way over 100 transactions on the Old Yellow Forum. Chances are if you buy used long enough, something is going to go wrong. You can either learn or keep doing it. So yes it does matter.
  • Wartburg, TN

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2021, 06:50:36 AM »
I was there back then. I remember the Yellow Forum very well. I go screwed a few times in trading with people lying about the condition of their gun, so I stopped trading. I've never sent anything before I received the money because that's not how you do business and I have way over 100 transactions on the Old Yellow Forum. Chances are if you buy used long enough, something is going to go wrong. You can either learn or keep doing it. So yes it does matter.

Honestly I think if you were to search out those who have been scammed buying vs selling you will find that far MORE people get scammed by sending $$$$ first as opposed to sending the item first. Reason - most scammers are looking for $$$$$, not items.
  • USA, PA, YORK