Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: The Sig Sauer ASP20 is no more  (Read 1833 times))

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
The Sig Sauer ASP20 is no more
« on: March 14, 2021, 12:18:34 AM »
Read this on another forum. Apparently a few people contacted them to ask about when they'd be back on shelves again to get told the rifle has been discontinued, so for those owning them, maybe contact Sig to try getting an answer to what happens with your warranty??

You can read that thread here: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/its-official-sig-sauer-asp20-rip/?view=all#post-954328
  • Buffalo, NY, USA

Offline 1953 Panther

• Expert
  • You can tell a mans worth by his actions.
Re: The Sig Sauer ASP20 is no more
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2021, 09:50:37 AM »
Bummer Steve. :(
I have springers, PCP's ,pumpers and BB guns. They are all my prized collections both cheap and not so cheap.

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 03:03:53 PM »
I posted that thread and also mentioned it here on the other Sig topic.
  • USA, CA, Sonoma
Beeman Feinwerkbau 124D Jnc. (San Rafael) 800 fps w/JSB 8.44gr 4.53mm head

RWS 34P T06 with a Beechwood stock. .22cal. 740 fps w/14.5 gr Sig Venom domes

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 09:01:16 PM »
No intent to step on any toes, just saw the post over there, thought members here who own one should know, copied the link to that thread to post here for anyone that wanted to read it and posted here.
  • Buffalo, NY, USA

Offline RedFeather

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 12:51:22 PM »
Lol, I talked with their customer service about a week ago and they told me the opposite. Might give them another ring, just for S's & G's.

Ok, off the phone with SigUSA and the rep said they just got the word last week that the gun IS discontinued and backorders are cancelled. Production is now focused on firearms.  The machinery was retained in case they want to resume production and appear to have it still but there are no plans to do so at the moment.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 01:06:30 PM by RedFeather »

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 09:58:27 PM »
I talked to them today. Here's the thread I started at AGN.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/contacted-sig-sauer-cs-re-asp20/?view=all#post-955931
  • USA, CA, Sonoma

Offline RedFeather

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 12:34:38 AM »
That's the impression I got. Sig can make more selling a pistol. Five year warranty "until parts run out". Well, unless the trigger mechanism goes, I suppose an ASP20 can be kept in service if seals are standard size. Hard to understand why Sig plunged into the adult airgun business just to pull back out. And that gun took a lot of R&D.

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 01:17:59 AM »
That's the impression I got. Sig can make more selling a pistol. Five year warranty "until parts run out". Well, unless the trigger mechanism goes, I suppose an ASP20 can be kept in service if seals are standard size. Hard to understand why Sig plunged into the adult airgun business just to pull back out. And that gun took a lot of R&D.

Agree ! For that kind of R&D and to just bail out !! ? Strange!
  • USA, CA, Sonoma

Offline manualf150

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 09:03:42 PM »
I thought Sig was crazy for getting into the AG market too... at least I'm not the only crazy one.

Good luck with this. There are a bunch of parts that were custom made. I believe most of the seals are standard.

I always tell folks, I recommend a more "user friendly" brand like Crosman, Daisy, Umarex, etc if you need parts down the line. This also includes sending it out for service -- warranty or no warranty...
  • USA, NY, Rome
***I DO NOT ANSWER "FIX MY AIRGUN" PM'S OR EMAILS --- DO NOT PM OR EMAIL ME ASKING ME FOR AIRGUN REPAIR QUOTES!*** - If you have a general inquiry, or want me to test/tear down a product and give a review, please let me know.

Offline MartyMcFly

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 09:01:49 AM »
Its too bad SIG decided to drop the ball with the ASP. I say this not because there aren't enough airgun manufacturers but because SIG was willing to bring in an innovative design manufactured at a higher quality level. If we look at some of the others (Crosman, GAMO, Umarex, Hatsan) there is no doubt that they still release new springer/gas-ram designs, including multi-shot repeaters and more advanced sound suppression systems, but without quality those design features often become gimmicks as poor tolerances and use of plastics negatively impacts the new designs to a degree where they are a wash and sometimes even worse relative to the older designs.

We still have Diana, Weihrauch and Air Arms - but it was nice to have a new entrant spice things up a little... Maybe if SIG had gone that extra mile and given the ASP a nice trigger out of the box they would have captured more of the market. Access to parts would have also made it more popular among the tuner crowd. That said, this is not the first recent failure of a rifle (I use "recent "loosely here), the Walther LGV/LGU are also examples of high quality innovative rifles that stumbled in their execution - maybe not coincidently their trigger was also lacking relative to the competition.

-Marty

• USA, Massachusetts
"If people can't control their own emotions, then they have to start trying to control other people's behavior" Rob Skynner

Invert the argument, does it still make sense? If it doesn't find a new argument.

Offline airgunner69

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
Well this really stinks! That was going to be my next airgun! I still want one so if anyone has a lead on a bnib .22 model with beech stock, please let me know?

Any of you heard of AirGuns of Texas/airgun on out of 6633 US-277 Abilene, TX, 79606? Their site claims they have it in stock but the site seems a little fishy to me?

Thanks
  • North, Kentucky, USA
.177 - Beeman P3
.177 - HW30S Laminate w/Hawke Vantage 2-7x32

Offline RedFeather

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2021, 12:17:57 PM »
Scammers. I'm surprised the site is still up.

Offline airgunner69

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »
Scammers. I'm surprised the site is still up.
That's what I figured, especially when I found a couple of sites with the same address.

Hopefully this is a temporary thing until the madness subsides but I guess I'll post a WTB add just in case. Thanks
  • North, Kentucky, USA
.177 - Beeman P3
.177 - HW30S Laminate w/Hawke Vantage 2-7x32

Offline El Greco

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2021, 08:48:52 PM »
Marty must have not shot an ASP20 because the trigger is more than good. I would put it between a T06 and a Rekord. Mine is adjusted at exactly 2 pounds ( as low as it will go) , hits a solid wall and breaks with NO creep what soever.  I know EXACTLY when it will break, repeatedly shot after shot. Also I have 2 Sigs so it's not that I got a good rifle, they  oth shoot the same.
  • USA, Beaumont, TX

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 10:56:32 PM »
Marty must have not shot an ASP20 because the trigger is more than good. I would put it between a T06 and a Rekord. Mine is adjusted at exactly 2 pounds ( as low as it will go) , hits a solid wall and breaks with NO creep what soever.  I know EXACTLY when it will break, repeatedly shot after shot. Also I have 2 Sigs so it's not that I got a good rifle, they  oth shoot the same.

Don't know if I'd put the Sig trigger between the T06 and Rekord. If rate them this way.

1. Rekord
2. T06
3. Sig
  • USA, CA, Sonoma

Offline El Greco

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 01:03:34 AM »

Don't know if I'd put the Sig trigger between the T06 and Rekord. If rate them this way.

1. Rekord
2. T06
3. Sig

Normally I would agree with you. In a sense , once a T06 is properly adjusted, yes it is superior than the one in the Sig as it can be adjusted lighter and also break crisp. The thing is though that is super tricky to adjust it just perfect since you have to.work magic with three screws.  The Sig on the other hand comes with a 2.5 . pound trigger from the factory easily adjusted down to a respectable 2 pounds.
Call it what you will, a bad trigger it definitely ain't
  • USA, Beaumont, TX

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 03:21:22 PM »

1. Rekord
2. T06
3. Sig

Normally I would agree with you. In a sense , once a T06 is properly adjusted, yes it is superior than the one in the Sig as it can be adjusted lighter and also break crisp. The thing is though that is super tricky to adjust it just perfect since you have to.work magic with three screws.  The Sig on the other hand comes with a 2.5 . pound trigger from the factory easily adjusted down to a respectable 2 pounds.
Call it what you will, a bad trigger it definitely ain't

Never said it was a bad trigger. A good trigger! Not a excellent trigger !
  • USA, CA, Sonoma

Offline Acapulco

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2021, 07:08:21 PM »
Either way...I just made a trade on an Asp20 from a forum member. Looks to be well made gun.

Read reviews on it saying made in the USA. Is that true ?

NRA member.. Are YOU ??

Offline NorCalMan

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2021, 10:21:58 PM »
Either way...I just made a trade on an Asp20 from a forum member. Looks to be well made gun.

Read reviews on it saying made in the USA. Is that true ?

Yes ! Let us know how you like it ?
  • USA, CA, Sonoma

Offline alc1985

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2021, 02:26:08 PM »
I have had my ASP20 .177 cal a little over four months and I'm pleased with the quality of the rifle and the Sig whisky scope is awesome.
As much as I like it its too much rifle for my 73 year old body.
I regret to say I need a smaller lighter rifle. I may pass the sig to my Grandson.
 I'm looking for a .22 cal rifle shooting about 500 to 600 fps.

Any suggestions?
  • USA Indiana Burns Harbor