Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: About those Pyramyd Air emails  (Read 1420 times))

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: About those Pyramyd Air emails
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2020, 07:57:31 AM »
OK, thanks Travis.

I never get any "deal" emails from them, but I'll keep an eye out for those you mentioned.

:D
No problem Dennis! Best place to get pellets for sure and they stock a lot when others run out
Fake news!
I used to think the same thing untill I found Trenier. Trenier only has one week area and thats their selection but they usually have what I need and at a lower price. They have great service and you don't get bombarded with junk emails trying to sell garbage no one wants.

Maybe I haven't tried enough different pellets but the ONLY time I have had Trenier come up cheaper then PA for an order is if I put 3 or less tins of pellets into cart. But who only ever buys just 3 tins? If you can please show us an example. Thanks
  • USA, PA, YORK

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2020, 08:13:23 AM »
Itís not my favorite thing about PA but pre COVID they were my favorite place to get pellets etc and had great deals. I personally can block it with my software but then I find myself missing out on some great deals they throw out there

Exactly! Some of those emails have things I WANT. It's just more emails for Gmail to store for free, who cares.

I'd be more concerned about dealing with a company that DOESN'T advertise and try to maintain and grow their business.

BTW...... Trenier is one of the MOST AWESOME companies I've ever done business with!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 08:16:22 AM by JohnnyPDX »

Offline Airnut

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2020, 11:53:15 AM »
OK, thanks Travis.

I never get any "deal" emails from them, but I'll keep an eye out for those you mentioned.

:D
No problem Dennis! Best place to get pellets for sure and they stock a lot when others run out
Fake news!
I used to think the same thing untill I found Trenier. Trenier only has one week area and thats their selection but they usually have what I need and at a lower price. They have great service and you don't get bombarded with junk emails trying to sell garbage no one wants.

Maybe I haven't tried enough different pellets but the ONLY time I have had Trenier come up cheaper then PA for an order is if I put 3 or less tins of pellets into cart. But who only ever buys just 3 tins? If you can please show us an example. Thanks
Ok. JSB 18.1 500 count
Trenier $13.99 per tin x 4 = $55.96 +ship
P.A.  $18.99 per tin x 3+1 free =$ 56.97 + shipping.
If I remember correctly after shipping and discount codes applied they were about even
« Last Edit: September 25, 2020, 12:16:35 PM by Airnut »
  • USA. Yorktown va.

Offline mr007s

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
When I compare PA cost with other vendors I also consider the  Bullseye Bucks in the final coast.
  • Hickory, North Carolina
mr007s,,,,,Life is Good

Offline dan_house

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2020, 12:05:32 PM »
Just ignore the "site uses cookies " warning. Dont accept it and keep browsing

Isnt PA a sponsor here? and have their own gate? so we would have their "ear" if as a forum told them where to dunk their cookies... :)
  • Bozeman MT USofA
Thomas L .177
EdGun Leishly2 .177
CCA Tuned Diana54
Custom Stocked TX200 .177
Marauder .177
Diana SkyHawk .22
AEA HP Varmint .25
AEA BackPacker semiauto .22
Daisy Red Ryder modded and tuned

The Lunatic Fringe of American Airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for Airgunning Supremacy

Proud sponsor of Team_subsonic

Founding Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2020, 03:03:26 PM »

Ok. JSB 18.1 500 count
Trenier $13.99 per tin x 4 = $55.96 +ship
P.A.  $18.99 per tin x 3+1 free =$ 56.97 + shipping.
If I remember correctly after shipping and discount codes applied they were about even

Odd thing is I tried to put 4 of the 18.13's into cart at Trenier and they were out of stock. I was able to go down the line and after 4 or 5 different pellets I was able to find one at $13.99 to put into cart. Total came to $65.91 (55.96 plus 9.95 shipping)

I then went to PA and put 4 of the 18.13's in cart (They had them in stock) Sub total was $56.97. Then after NATION20 code the total before shipping was $51.27 then add $8.99n shipping and the total came to $60.26

Where I come from $65.91 is more then $60.26

So maybe try another pellet? You may wind up finding one, but I tried about 20 different ones and guess what, PA was cheaper on EVERY one.
  • USA, PA, YORK

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2020, 03:14:24 PM »
If a guy is going to quibble over $ $5 then maybe they should get a cheaper Hobby

Offline RichH

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2020, 03:19:43 PM »
If a guy is going to quibble over $ $5 then maybe they should get a cheaper Hobby

So if Trenier gets 100 orders he makes another $500 over PA? But the $5 is not even the point. The point is that even though lots of members here will swear up and down that Trenier is cheaper, they really aren't.

For all the guys who don't quibble over $5, I'll give you my PP and you can all just deposit $5 in my account each week.
  • USA, PA, YORK

Offline dan_house

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2020, 03:24:51 PM »
Just got an email from PA about wanting me to sign up for text message alerts for various deals

so... I get at least 1 email a day (usually around 9:45 am...) and now they want to send text messages, likely for stuff I dont care about (like most of the email content)....

• Bozeman MT USofA
Thomas L .177
EdGun Leishly2 .177
CCA Tuned Diana54
Marauder .177
Diana SkyHawk .22
AEA HP Varmint .25

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2020, 03:33:15 PM »

So if Trenier gets 100 orders he makes another $500 over PA? But the $5 is not even the point. The point is that even though lots of members here will swear up and down that Trenier is cheaper, they really aren't.

For all the guys who don't quibble over $5, I'll give you my PP and you can all just deposit $5 in my account each week.

Trenier is awesome and I won't deviate from that for a couple bucks. It's a known good thing!!!!!!!!

I also shop at StraightShooters and Craig has NEVER disappointed me in price or expediency of shipping. It's a known good thing!!!!!!!!

Get over the $5 and unsubscribe if you don't want communications from them. SIMPLE

Offline aimsmall

• miss small
  • Plinker
  • maybe
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2020, 05:37:03 PM »
Itís not my favorite thing about PA but pre COVID they were my favorite place to get pellets etc and had great deals. I personally can block it with my software but then I find myself missing out on some great deals they throw out there

What "great deals" might those be? I haven't seen anything from them except trying to sell me something I am totally not interested in.

I don't get any emails about "deals" on pellets or other consumable items that would really save me any money or generate a sale from me.
Buy 3 tins of pellets the 4th is free and shipping over $100 is free also so if you shoot a lot itís the best deal around. I suggest looking over their website it has lots of deals if you look close
I don't really think so, I found a better deal elsewhere. I paid for all my tins, but the tins were cheaper than PA. I guess it depends on the ammo you're buying.
In my case they were not the best deal. I picked up 5 tins vs 3+1 free and still paid less.

Offline dan_house

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2020, 06:46:22 PM »
and just got my

THIRD

PA email today. Also just unsubscribed.....

Please PA, stop. yer pi$$ing people off
  • Bozeman MT USofA
Thomas L .177
EdGun Leishly2 .177
CCA Tuned Diana54
Marauder .177
Diana SkyHawk .22
AEA HP Varmint .25

Offline wolverine

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
Just got an email from PA about wanting me to sign up for text message alerts for various deals

so... I get at least 1 email a day (usually around 9:45 am...) and now they want to send text messages, likely for stuff I dont care about (like most of the email content)....

same here.  i just unsubscribed. 
  • U.S.A.  North Carolina,  Oriental
Crosman 2240
Crosman 2260 (lefthanded)-Mountain Air tuned / UTG 4x32 AO
.22 Benjamin NP2 / Centerpoint 3-9x40 AO
.22 Brocock Contour S6 / Discovery VT-2 8x44 SF
.177 Custom Shop 2400KT "Avian Assassin" / BSA Red Dot
.177 HW30s Deluxe / Motorhead tuned / Hammers 3-9x32 AO
.22 Daystate Huntsman Regal XL  (lefthanded) / Barra FT 3-15x50 SF
.177 HW100 BP-K (lefthanded) / Arken SH4 4-14x44 FFP
.177 Benjamin 397 / Williams peep sight
Daisy Red Ryder (who doesn't own one?)

Offline FelixS

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2020, 08:16:25 PM »

LOL, that reminds me of a car salesman that told me we were quibbling over the equivalent of a six pack of coke a week. I told him he was correct and since he thought it insignificant, all he had to do was pay me 4 years worth in cash and we had a deal. It then became a significant amount :)
  • USA, Southern Oregon
Air Venturi Nomad
Air Venturi 4500 Compressor
Benjamin 397
FX Dream-tac Compact .177
FX Dream-tac Compact .22
FX Dream-tac Compact .25
FX Dream-tac Compact .30
FX Impact MKII .30
JSAR Raptor Mini .22
JSAR Raptor HP .30
AEA HP SS .22

Offline YuccaPatrol

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2020, 10:11:27 PM »
I think I might have finally gotten the emails to stop after trying many times over the last couple weeks.

But this practice has completely turned me off and I'm unlikely to buy from them again unless it's an unbeatable deal (and they don't really seem to have unbeatable deals).

Oh, and I wasn't very happy with their shipping that took 17 days to arrive.

• Puyallup, Washington

Offline countyline

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2020, 10:38:29 AM »
They keep sending e mail and I Never Bought from them and Never will..I buy Online Bass Pro shop ..Academy Sports..Wing Supply...Forget Pyramyd Air
  • Alabama

Offline oldpro

• GTA
  • Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »
PA is my personal go to and they almost always have what I need in stock plus they are a sponsor who help keep this website going. Iíll support those who support us end of story p.s if you donít line the emails just unsubscribe and be done with it.
  • USA, CA, Mt. Shasta
Raptor mini .25
Huben k1 .22
Diana 56
FX tarantula
Walther R8
so many more

Offline FelixS

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2020, 11:21:56 PM »
PA is my personal go to and they almost always have what I need in stock plus they are a sponsor who help keep this website going. Iíll support those who support us end of story p.s if you donít line the emails just unsubscribe and be done with it.

Yep, I have had my gripes with PA but they are will remain my go to for pellets; the best packaging I have ever seen.
  • USA, Southern Oregon
Air Venturi Nomad
Air Venturi 4500 Compressor
Benjamin 397
FX Dream-tac Compact .177
FX Dream-tac Compact .22
FX Dream-tac Compact .25
FX Dream-tac Compact .30
FX Impact MKII .30
JSAR Raptor Mini .22
JSAR Raptor HP .30
AEA HP SS .22