Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: I'm not gonna buy a Chinese gun. Period. No. No. No. But then what?  (Read 3152 times))

Offline bantam5s

• They might sound like a lot of work till you realize you only need 3-4 pumps for plinking.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: I'm not gonna buy a Chinese gun. Period. No. No. No. But then what?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2020, 09:12:04 PM »
   As you found out, finding a completely made in the US , new air rifle , is not easy. If you ever decide that you want a pumper , don't forget that with pumpers, you do not need to pump those 8 times for every shot. TOO MUCH WORK. 3 shots for plinking, 5 shots for most small game, maximum pumps for longer range or larger game.
   Good luck with your new rifle !!
Ive been saying this since I was a kid and my friend brought by his " better " B3-1 Chinese springer his dad bought him for $30 at the local flea market.
With 4 pumps I could get hits just as fast as he could , I was a better shot but still he was surprised because he was telling me how slow my gun was and that I needed something faster like his.
  • USA CA Arbuckle
some days you kill it and some days you choke, some days you blast off and some days you just smoke

Offline 19Sheridan57

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2020, 07:19:24 AM »
  YEP. That is the secret to owning one.You just have to love their adjustable power ! I do test all my Sheridans every so often with 8 pumps, which is the maximum. I always provide the potential buyer with the rifles maximum FPS.
  • Florida

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2021, 04:56:46 PM »
you'd think all these companies hurt by lack of imports would start bringing back manufacturing to the US, but they found out US customers will wait for the cheap stuff to be restocked and just complain about it
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Start the day with the GTA!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2021, 07:37:52 PM »
bringing back manufacturing to the US

HA HA HA... That's a good one!
I have been in manufacturing for 25 years at 5 different plants. The typical American factory worker wants the most pay for the least amount of labor.
Forget pride in their work. No concern for quality... that is Q.C.'s job.
 We did this to ourselves.
Psalm 27

JimQwerty123 always said ...
"Shoot safe and have fun,"

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 09:21:35 PM »

I have been in manufacturing for 25 years at 5 different plants. The typical American factory worker wants the most pay for the least amount of labor.

I can tell you it wasn't always like this.
  but  never mind.
  • Lyndon,Vt.

Offline jmillzdubzonly

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2021, 12:35:51 AM »
missing out on the good ol QBs, i also dont like buying chinese stuff but sadly nothing in america is even being made like it anymore that i know of....
  • USA, FL, West Palm Beach

Offline Hoosier Daddy

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Start the day with the GTA!
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2021, 07:03:00 AM »

but  never mind.

Oh yes, I remember too...
Psalm 27

JimQwerty123 always said ...
"Shoot safe and have fun,"

Offline Matchstickshooter

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2021, 08:06:21 AM »

but  never mind.

I worked manufacturing, (never white collar, or  salary), but always one of the grunts, my whole life.
 4 different plants.
 When I retired I was making $16 an hour.
I was class A Set up and Operate on many machines.
And, expected to train the fools they stuck me with.

• Lyndon,Vt.

Offline RedFeather

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2021, 10:16:54 AM »
Norica airguns are also an option. They are on par with Cometa, but I would advise only those based on their Marvic as it has a very nice adjustable trigger. That would include the Storm and Black Eagle. The cheaper models have direct sear. Look for the Gamo-like safety lever in front of the trigger.

Someone mentioned BSA. They were bought by Gamo in the early 2000's.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 10:29:39 AM by RedFeather »

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2021, 10:57:43 AM »
Maybe take a look at Daisy.

"Their general offices and museum are still located in Rogers, Arkansas, but their assembly operations have been moved to Neosho, Missouri."

I just got a Daisy M853 from the Civilian Makrmenship Program and it's tack driver. Not exactly like my Taipan VL but I ENJOY shooting it.

Offline JohnnyPDX

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2021, 11:03:39 AM »

It's a shared responsibility for that disaster because neither, typically, management or employees work as a team. No teamwork or will to beat the competition. That is unpatriotic.

Offline north country gal

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »
We have several of the tang safety walnut stocked Benjamin 397Ps. Was able to get them at some very nice prices, what with everyone going a little nutty on the Racine Sheridans. We have those, too, but two of our 397Ps actually outshoot them. We only use 4 pumps, by the way.

Don't overlook the E.Bloomfield 397Ps, by the way. One of ours is actually an E. Bloomfield transition 397P, which you may be able to get even cheaper than the more in demand earlier Racine versions. It's actually the most accurate of all our pumpers.
  • Rhinelander, Wi

Offline cobrajocky

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2021, 11:01:20 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa .... yes boycott China, but befriend our FRIEND that also hates our common enemy - Taiwan. Taiwan has made wonderfully engineered and amazing quality Air Guns and the majority MAKE THEM in their factories IN Taiwan. All of Crosman's M4 clones or Replicas (literally clones of our US Military M4 style rifles) are made for Crosman in Taiwan by KWC (their international brand), a very well respected designer and manufacturer (in Taiwan at their own factories). In Taiwan they are known as Jianye Toy Industry Co., Ltd in Tianan City.

Another is JIA DYI Enterprise Co., Ltd is a premier maker of Airsoft and Paintball guns and Pellet guns, I have two of their high-end rifles for paintball competition. Awesome hardware, better than German.

There are also others there if you search, I have a "sidelever" single shot .22 cal pellet rifle from the 1970's that was made in Taiwan and it still has the original gaskets and still get 600fps, accurate as *(&^.

If you aren't familiar with Crosman's KWC made M4 replica's, this is the Panther Arms "DPMS SBR" replica BB rifle full-blowback Semi/Full auto.  Crosman has I think 4 other models, most can interchange actual M4 (gunpowder) parts, like grips, stocks etc. Even tears down like a real DPMS M4 variant. Also the new KWC made Crosman "R1" which is a "base model M4" that you accessorize.

Japan as have numerous "Air Gun" manufacturers, do some searching for what you need.

• CA, Orange Counrty

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2021, 06:18:56 PM »
I'd prefer Taiwan makes what it buys, and Americans make what we buy, better for both countries, and make no mistake, Taiwan is still China and what you put in their pocket ultimately benefits our enemy.
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2021, 06:26:25 PM »

but  never mind.

I worked manufacturing, (never white collar, or  salary), but always one of the grunts, my whole life.
 4 different plants.
 When I retired I was making $16 an hour.
I was class A Set up and Operate on many machines.
And, expected to train the fools they stuck me with.

That's interesting, I can find quite a few examples of just the opposite, especially recently with employers trying to exploit people getting cut off from unemployment while the business owners have bank accounts fat with COVID relief money.
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline cobrajocky

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »
I'd prefer Taiwan makes what it buys, and Americans make what we buy, better for both countries, and make no mistake, Taiwan is still China and what you put in their pocket ultimately benefits our enemy.

You're a racist crackpot and don't know what the H*** what you are talking about.
Taiwan has never been "part of China", the indigenous peoples of Taiwan came up from Micronesia by way of the Phillipines, then some Chinese started immigrating there WHILE Formosa (Portugues name) was a colony of Portugal. Then it was a colony of Japan for 75 years when the US liberated it from Japan in 1945 and made it an independent nation. China has never had a valid claim on Formosa / Taiwan, just that idiot Chang Kai Shek invaded it and erroneously claimed he was China in exile. The indigenous Taiwanese people were oppressed by Chang Kai Shek and actually preferred Japan as Japan improved the inland infrastructure, built schools, cities, irrigation and roads. Taiwan is China's enemy and NO money from Taiwan goes to China as Taiwan has been closing factories in China and moving back to Taiwan.

My father was in the USAAC during WWII as a fighter pilot, first in Burma then in China to fight the Japanese, he was still in the USAF when the war broke out between Taiwan and China in 1951 and he trained Taiwanese pilots in the US (Texas) then in Taiwan itself at a USAF Base in Tainan to fly P-38's, P-51's and F-86 Sabre Jets the US GAVE to Taiwan along with other weapons and munitions. My wifes father was a Taiwanese AF bomber flying WWII B-24's and B-25's the US gave to Taiwan, he trained in Texas. Does THAT sound like Taiwan is part of China? Idiot.

My wife was born in Taiwan, a US citizen for 32 years and we go to visit it often to see her family. Taiwan is more like the US than California is these days.

Ps - I am USAF Retired, Capt. 20th Special Operation Sqn, 27th Spl Ops Wing, Vietnam 1970 - 1972, 12 years in the USAF.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:06:07 PM by cobrajocky »
  • CA, Orange Counrty

Offline skyowa

• persona non grata
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2021, 08:49:16 PM »
You sound like a disturbed individual and I'll leave it at that rather than argue with someone who pulls the race card like a karen
  • Iowa
Benjamin Armada .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Hatsan Flash Wood QE
Gamo Swarm Magnum G2 .22
Benjamin 342

Offline FelixS

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2021, 12:34:12 AM »
Meanwhile, back to the subject...

I know there is controversy due to the issues with company management and customer support, but the JSAR Raptor is a fine US made gun, mine are performing flawlessly.

Having said that, I did also say I would never buy a Chinese gun, but then ended up buying an AEA HP SS  ;)
  • USA, Southern Oregon
Air Venturi Nomad
Air Venturi 4500 Compressor
Benjamin 397
FX Dream-tac Compact .177
FX Dream-tac Compact .22
FX Dream-tac Compact .25
FX Dream-tac Compact .30
FX Impact MKII .30
JSAR Raptor Mini .22
JSAR Raptor HP .30
AEA HP SS .22

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2021, 01:04:13 PM »
Knock it off with the personal attacks. Everyone has and is entitled to have an opinion. Some are best kept to ourselves.
This forum is not social media. It is a privately owned forum with a set of rules to which each and everyone of us agreed to upon joining.
Fair warning.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline jmoronic

• Trust me, I'm no
  • Expert
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
^ thank you ^
  • USA, DE, Newark
Life as I know it, in Dog years