Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Xisico JTS GX-E-CS3 Compressor In Stock  (Read 14360 times))

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
Re: Xisico JTS GX-E-CS3 Compressor In Stock
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2020, 07:43:42 AM »
Does that not narrow the issue to the power supply or am I missing something?
No not at all. I'm using the same 12v power supply that came with the compressor. Just disconnecting the main compressor wiring and than connecting the 12v jumper wires to the compressor electric motor harness.
Ok, pardon my ignorance but..
If you hook the compressor up to a 12v power supply such as a car battery it runs fine but, if you use the 110v power convertor it don't work?
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline miksatx

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2020, 08:17:33 AM »
Does that not narrow the issue to the power supply or am I missing something?
No not at all. I'm using the same 12v power supply that came with the compressor. Just disconnecting the main compressor wiring and than connecting the 12v jumper wires to the compressor electric motor harness.
Ok, pardon my ignorance but..
If you hook the compressor up to a 12v power supply such as a car battery it runs fine but, if you use the 110v power convertor it don't work?
Hi avator
I have not tried hooking it to a car battery to run it. I've only used it plugged to the inverter and household current.
When it gets a little daylight I'll give a car battery hook up a whirl. I expect the hooking to the car the fans will run but not the compressor. Will keep my fingers crossed avator.
  • USA, TX, San Antonio

Offline miksatx

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2020, 09:07:42 AM »
Just as I expected hooked to car battery  the fans run but no start and stop light illuminated and pushing start button does nothing.
  • USA, TX, San Antonio

Offline Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58)

• Guns? What guns?
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Ain't no wrong way to do the right thing!
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2020, 09:25:31 AM »
Sounds like something went bad somewhere on the main circuit board.  If you are by-passing the circuit board and applying 12v direct to the compressor motor and it runs, then something on the main circuit board is not switching as it should to allow power to the motor.  Are there any fuses on that circuit board?  Could it be the blue switch?  Have you trying jumping that switch to see if the lights on the on/off buttons light up?  You may have to send it back to have it repaired, or have Xisico send a new circuit board or switch if you feel comfortable swapping them out.  Personally, I'd send it back for a replacement.
  • Navarre, FL
PCP RIFLES:
AEA Challenger .30
Benjamin Cayden .22
Benjamin Marauder .22
FX Crown Continuum .22/.25
FX Dreamline Classic .25/.22
FX Dream-Tac Compact .177/.22
FX Maverick .22
Huben K1 .22

PCP PISTOLS:
Ataman AP16 .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Hatsan AT-P1 .177

PCP AIR SUPPLY:
Hill EC-3000
Benjamin Recharge {For Sale}
Benjamin Traveler
Benjamin 90ci Buddy Tank

Offline miksatx

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2020, 09:47:32 AM »
Sounds like something went bad somewhere on the main circuit board.  If you are by-passing the circuit board and applying 12v direct to the compressor motor and it runs, then something on the main circuit board is not switching as it should to allow power to the motor.  Are there any fuses on that circuit board?  Could it be the blue switch?  Have you trying jumping that switch to see if the lights on the on/off buttons light up?  You may have to send it back to have it repaired, or have Xisico send a new circuit board or switch if you feel comfortable swapping them out.  Personally, I'd send it back for a replacement.
No fuses on circuit board. Lol had circuit board problems with my first compressor. Compressor was working fine pumped a gun up. 5 hrs later nothing. I thought ground problems of some kind. Checking our blue switch and all wires attached. Haven't jumped the switchs to see if the light come on.
  • USA, TX, San Antonio

Offline avator

• Global Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2020, 10:43:00 AM »
Agreed... hooking it to the car battery narrowed the issue to the compressor itself and not the power supply.
Yep Yep Yep.... send it back.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline miksatx

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »
So countinuity tested all the power wires and ground wires all good. Checked stop and start lights lite up no problem.
  • USA, TX, San Antonio

Offline n4spd

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2020, 03:07:53 PM »
any update on the circuit board issue Michael?
  • danville, ca

Offline miksatx

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2020, 05:05:56 PM »
any update on the circuit board issue Michael?
It still don't work. Going to just wire it direct. And keep a eye on it when filling.
  • USA, TX, San Antonio

Offline John E Davies

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2020, 07:58:15 PM »
Hi, I am new here so have pity, I did read the entire thread. I have a new Hatsan Bullpup .25, and I ordered an oil filled compressor from Air Tanks Plus in Sacramento. Is that store owned by one of the sponsors here?

I have some new questions.

1: Hard carry case? What works well for upright transport without being too large? What are the minimum dimensions of the pump and power supply, placed next to each other? An 8 gallon Action Packer is 11x14x10” tall inside. I already use one for my Caldwell Rock BR, so a second one would nicely coordinate.😀 but it is probably needlessly spacious.

2: What is the amp rating for the 12 volt cables, and is there an easily accessible fuse in the power supply or positive cable? What gauge are the cables?

3: Do the two power posts on the inverter/ power supply simply unscrew from the outside (no nuts inside)? I would like to add a couple of heavy terminals underneath the posts, with short pigtail cables (or ideally delete the posts entirely) and add a high quality 30 amp Anderson Powerpole connector. I would cut and modify the factory cable so I can just plug the mating Powerpole into the inverter pigtail (no clips) or plug the gator clips in to use from my truck battery. It would be a much cleaner and classier looking setup than clamping those clips on all the time.... The Powerpole pins do require a special crimp tool. I have been using these for many years and they are great.

Somebody asked this but I never saw a reply.

4: can I use my small Air Venturi inline moisture/ debris filter without restricting airflow? If not, what is a good larger unit? I will only be filling my gun’s tank.

I can’t wait to put away my hand pump! Thanks for your comments.

John Davies
Spokane WA

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:22:54 PM by John E Davies »
  • USA, WA, Spokane

Offline John E Davies

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #330 on: October 12, 2020, 09:03:40 AM »
Possible cases for just the compressor: $104 Amazon Prime - see pictures

John Davies
Spokane WA
  • USA, WA, Spokane

Offline John E Davies

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #331 on: October 15, 2020, 02:56:26 PM »
I got my new compressor yesterday, it arrived in fine shape, no damage whatsoever. I serviced it with oil, broke it in and then filled my Hatsan BullBoss .25 tank several times. Then I tried to adjust down (lower) the pressure safety valve to around 3500 psi from the higher factory setting. I struggled with it for a while with no success. BTW the video is WRONG about using needle nose pliers to turn the screw - you should use an Allen wrench in the center. The outer holes are air vents.

I finally took it apart and found that it was completely rusted and frozen. See pics. I have contacted the seller, not Hatsan USA yet, I will see what develops and start a new thread about this safety issue. If you have one of these units, look at your belleville washers ASAP so you don't get hurt. This should be a product recall.

John Davies
Spokane WA
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:02:39 PM by John E Davies »
  • USA, WA, Spokane

Offline oldpro

• GTA
  • Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #332 on: October 15, 2020, 03:24:16 PM »
That is ugly but not a safety concern the unit wouldn’t explode if the discs failed it would be the opposite it wouldn’t reach pressure that said I would reach out to your distributor for a replacement unit and have them inspect it before shipping. Thank you for sharing I’ll forward this to the Manufacturer this isn’t acceptable.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:26:58 PM by oldpro »
  • Katy, Texas
Raptor mini 2 in .25
Huben k1 .22
Diana 56
FX tarantula
Walther R8
LCS SK-19

Offline John E Davies

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #333 on: October 15, 2020, 05:02:51 PM »
I disagree that it isn’t a safety issue ... it is the primary backup for the gauge - if that fails or you somehow move the needle too high, the safety valve will vent before your bottle over-pressures. I wanted to set it at 10% over my bottle max pressure, which is 2900 psi. What pressure does the disc rupture - 4500? That  is way too high with a frozen/ disfunctional safety valve.

Anyway, I emailed the vendor and will see what he does, I sure don’t need a new pump, just the valve.

John Davies
Spokane WA
  • USA, WA, Spokane

Offline Sbak

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #334 on: November 22, 2020, 10:03:41 AM »
Any idea when these will be back in stock?
  • The sticks,  Utah

Offline WesBob

• Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
    • AirgunArcheryfun
« Reply #335 on: November 22, 2020, 02:27:53 PM »
Canadashootingsupply.ca still has a few left. Hopefully the new ones will be here soon.
  • Caronport , Saskatchewan, Canada
Artemis M11 .25 cal, Umarex Gauntlet .177, Beeman Qb78D 0.22 pcp, Beeman Chief, Crosman: 1322/2100 carbine,   Snow Peak: CP-1M/Chaser hybrid 0.22 bulk fill/pcp, Slavia 630 .177 Discovery Scopes

Offline gendoc

• Lowest Bama AirgunHunter
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • bullfrogs with airguns....... fine eat'n !!
« Reply #336 on: November 22, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
Canadashootingsupply.ca still has a few left. Hopefully the new ones will be here soon.

whats the word on the disfunctional safety valve,
any recalls to date ?

who all has seen this problem with there compressors ?
  • swamp groceries rule !!
AF-DN Texan .457  >629FPE
SY-WP Dragon Claw  394FPE 
AEA Challenger SL .357  266FPE
AGT-DW Uragan .30 >98.4FPE
FX Impact-x mk2/pp .22  60FPE
FX Crown mk2 .22  51FPE
FX dream-tac compact/pp .22  33FPE
DAR gen-II .177  "death-grip tripod ratter"
Shoebox F10.....perfect !! 
Xisico CX3            
ATN X-sight 4K pro
Sightmark Photon XT
Sideshot gopro H7-blk EV 12/1.8
Tactacam 5.0/FTS
FX radar

USA, Alabama, Lowest

Offline oldpro

• GTA
  • Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #337 on: November 24, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »

whats the word on the disfunctional safety valve,
any recalls to date ?

who all has seen this problem with there compressors ?
Its the only incident of its kind to date so far. As far as recals go there are industry standards to go by.Once a failure mechanism, and possibly the
root cause, has been established for a product,
it is important to determine if this is an isolated incident involving a single product or
whether there is evidence of a “pattern of
defect.” A strict definition of a “pattern of
defect” is not provided by the client. Therefore, the existence of a “pattern of defect”
depends on the specific circumstances associated with a given product investigation.
Review existing databases including listings
of product returns, customer complaints and
reported incidents should be conducted, preferably on an ongoing basis, in order to help
determine the number of failures of a specific product and compare this information
with historical data. Is this the first product
to come back or is this the 12th product in
the past three weeks to be reported? If there
is a spike in the number of field returns, the
next question is whether the failures are similar in nature. This requires a detailed examination of additional incident products. If
additional incident products are not available to examine, it is beneficial to review all
available photographs and reports associated
with these incidents.
If a “pattern of defect” is established after
a review of the failed products, it is necessary to determine how large of a population
of product is affected. Some of the important questions to consider in this determination include:
• Is this an inherent design problem? For
example, is the problem tied to the materials of construction? Is the problem with
a defective component? Is this component single-sourced or multiple-sourced?
If the problem is with only one component supplier, is there an easy way to separate out the unaffected population?
• Is this a batch problem tied to a manufacturing process deviation or temporary process change implemented based
on other constraints?
• Is this a problem only with certain models of product? For example, are there
differences in product construction that
determine if the product is susceptible to
a specific failure mode or unsafe condition? Can this be verified empirically?
• Are there geographical considerations that
make it possible to rule out certain populations of product? For example, are products much more likely to overheat and
cause fires in certain countries based on
standard power outlet voltages (e.g., United
States 115 volts, Europe 230 volts)?
What Is the Risk and Severity
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 08:47:57 PM by oldpro »
  • Katy, Texas
Raptor mini 2 in .25
Huben k1 .22
Diana 56
FX tarantula
Walther R8
LCS SK-19

Offline WesBob

• Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
    • AirgunArcheryfun
« Reply #338 on: November 24, 2020, 11:00:35 PM »
We've had very few returns. Of what we've had there has been a couple with problems filling up to 4500psi and filling slowly. Once Travis digs into those and finds if there is a common issue hopefully an easy solution will be found. I've been running one as my main compressor since this spring and it's still going strong, but I feel for the few that have had trouble and am curious to see what the solution ends up being. I'll take a look in my compressor safety valve. I haven't had any reports of this rust problem. And I've had a few take that safety valve apart.
Artemis M11 .25 cal, Umarex Gauntlet .177, Beeman Qb78D 0.22 pcp, Beeman Chief, Crosman: 1322/2100 carbine,   Snow Peak: CP-1M/Chaser hybrid 0.22 bulk fill/pcp, Slavia 630 .177 Discovery Scopes

Offline WesBob

• Vendors
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
    • AirgunArcheryfun
« Reply #339 on: November 24, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
Oh! Xisico USA says the compressors are shipped and on their way to USA. Should be here around Christmas sometime.