Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Pyramyd Air customer service  (Read 497 times))

Offline Eric G.

• Shooter
  • yes
Pyramyd Air customer service
« on: June 07, 2021, 04:10:52 PM »
Has anyone experienced terrible customer service from Pyramyd Air?  I have called dozens of times and they cut me off after 20 minutes.  They NEVER return calls or e mails.  I have been trying for months to get warranty service on a defective 4500 PSI compressor.  This outfit is just the worst when it comes to "support".  I will not buy anything from Pyramyd unless I can't find it elsewhere.
Any thoughts on this mess?
  • USA, Redding, CT

Offline sb327

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: Pyramyd Air customer service
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 04:34:04 PM »
Iíve only ever made one purchase from them. I had to deal with cs and letís just say, they will never get another cent from me.

Now let the PA fans start chiming in to convince folks otherwise, like I was convinced before placing my $1000+ order.

Dave
  • USA, OK, Stigler
Dave

Offline John4861

• Connoisseur of the 3 S's
  • Plinker
  • Was fat, dumb and happy; lately not so happy...
    • I'm on the map.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 05:53:37 PM »
Honestly, I've had okay customer service as long as my needs were very simple and easy to handle. My most recent email about some important information lacking in their products descriptions was met with this answer: "I'm sorry for the delayed response. Thank you for providing this information and we are sorry that we were unable to answer your questions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help."  Pyramyd Air

In other words, we don't really care. 

I do know that I'm done with them as well. I've had multiple requests for notification when products return to stock.  Well it seems Pyramyd Air is selling product (pellets among other items) on eBay at higher prices and not telling customers at their retail site (who've been waiting) that the products are in. They still show as out of stock on PA, yet they have been on eBay for weeks.  I get it, they are making about $5 more per tin on eBay, and desperate folks are paying it, no free tins to mess with and shipping is higher too (there is term for this, but it escapes me). That is unfortunate to say the least and I won't be rewarding that sort of behavior with any future purchases.

John4861
  • USA, California, Simi Valley
John4861
Never use a permanent solution to solve a temporary problem...

Offline Airnut

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 06:24:05 AM »
Be careful what you say about Pyramyd air! You do know that they are a fan favorite here and a forum sponsor. I have been complaining about their shady business practices for years!  But have fell on deft ears. Their buy three and get one free pellet deal is a joke and I won't even talk about their free shipping!
YES they do pack pellets very good but you are paying dearly for it. Nothing is free with these people.
But still you have people that follow them blindly.

• USA. Yorktown va.

Offline Chris USA

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:40:42 AM »
I have not ordered anything for a couple of years,....but in prior years, their service was stellar. If something is amiss,... I hope they fix it. It is all too easy to find other options these days.

Of course price matters,...  but I would pay an additional $10 for a $200+ order (vs other vendor) if I knew the service would be there.

For any vendor,...I say skip the "points" and other gimmicky promos.

Keep up, stay ahead of the pack or get rolled over.
  • Central Ohio
198/200, Daystate Red Wolf HP/FAC in .25, 8-34x56 Athlon Argos { for sale, in person only }
Maximus "hunter" in .22, 4-12x44 UTG
Barra 1866
Avanti 499
75th anniversary Red Ryder

Offline John4861

• Plinker
    • I'm on the map.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 07:37:21 AM »
Be careful what you say about Pyramyd air! You do know that they are a fan favorite here and a forum sponsor. I have been complaining about their shady business practices for years!  But have fell on deft ears. Their buy three and get one free pellet deal is a joke and I won't even talk about their free shipping!
YES they do pack pellets very good but you are paying dearly for it. Nothing is free with these people.
But still you have people that follow them blindly.

I'm getting that feeling. I would not have said anything if they had just done what they said they would. It's there right to do what it takes to remain profitable; probably why my business never got very big.

I've spent a bit there this year, well its a lot considering my budget. I don't mind paying a little extra to get decent service either. It's too bad as I was very comfortable buying from PA, and then this mess happened. Its not the money, its the trust factor that went out the window.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 07:45:54 AM by John4861 »
John4861

Offline Eric G.

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 01:53:18 PM »
It seems I am not the only one getting screwed.....I just wish they'd answer the phone so I could ask them to jam it in further!  But alas, I'll have to settle for being on hold indefinitely. 
I have sent certified letters and left countless voicemails and call back numbers.  Crickets.  Absolutely the WORST when it comes to customer service.
 Still waiting for my compressor to be repaired 6 months later!!
  • USA, Redding, CT

Offline John4861

• Plinker
    • I'm on the map.
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2021, 06:11:56 AM »
Still waiting for my compressor to be repaired 6 months later!!

That is unfortunate, I  wish you better luck and soon. I've had my best luck getting answers from PA emailing Shannon in customer service. Many times PA got back to me quickly (via email) but every once in a while I get a slow response but so far all have been answered eventually.  I guess I should not be unhappy with them in my case. We are living through unprecedented times of shortages and super slow deliveries. I guess with inventory so unavailable, they are trying to keep the lights on any way they can. I mean I'm no expert, but I guess sales are down in almost every segment of this sport/hobby.  I bought a .22 PCP when I wanted a .25 PCP, why? No .25 pellets. 

I'd wager I'm not the only one thinking that way either.  I mean guns are paperweights without the ammo. I got a note about the Gen 2 DAR's in .25 today, and the gun looks great and the price is phenomenal, but again, no pellets. I want a compressor next though, just not sure which one.  I have only one PCP right now, so one that I can take with me and run off the car's battery at the range or in the field sounds like just the ticket. Got my eye on one that comes with a 110 volt power source too, but right now money is a bit tight for yours truly. I guess my sporadically operating cheap pump will have to keep me shooting for now. 

I truly hope your situation is remedied promptly. I wish you all the best.
John4861

Offline Trucker3573

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2021, 02:36:19 AM »
Brand new to this hobby so limited time and experience but I have had any of the negative experiences. I have bought two guns from them they shipped them free and in a timely manner. Free is free not sure what there is to gripe about thatÖLMBO. Also their pellets are as well priced as anywhere I have seen. They arenít bending us over with what they do get in stock like sellers on Amazon and eBay. Free tins are free tins LMBO. Again donít get it.

Oh and I called once about a Benjamin Maximus and they called me back within an hour or so.   I will continue to use them.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 02:39:18 AM by Trucker3573 »
  • USA, MI

Offline Airnut

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 11:26:31 AM »
Shooter
They are not free tins, you are paying over inflated prices for the first three tins. Making the "free tin" the equalizer, almost.
If you order less than three tins you are really getting screwed.
If you want fair prices with good packing and no gimmicks check out Trenier outdoors.
With respect to their "free shipping"
The shipping cost is included in the higher prices you pay for the items. Case in point they will not give you free shipping if you use the gateway-pyramyd discount code. You have a choice of one or the other. If they gave you both without marking up their prices more then you would truly be getting free shipping.
Back in the day I worked part time selling new cars and it was customary to have a trade in allowance (average car was $1500.) for every car on the lot. This allowance was added to the price of the car. So when you offered the buyer 1500 dollars for his trade in and he knew that it was only worth a few hundred dollars he was happy as a clam. So what did he really gain? Nothing the dealer was the one that got over but the customer drove away with a big smile on his face.
Hey! Lets not get it twisted they are in business to make money and that's fine. They would not be in business very long if they gave away free merchandise. Somewhere along the line you are paying for it!
Their latest scam is over the top and their true colors are really showing throu!

« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 11:38:54 AM by Airnut »
  • USA. Yorktown va.

Offline sandmanpipes

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 09:28:10 AM »
Hi just bought and had to return an air rifle from Pyramyd Air and had no problem at all. It went very  quick and easy. I did everything over the internet. Very happy with there service. I will buy from again.
  • US SC Chesterfield

Offline Captain Paul

• Sharp Shooter
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2021, 12:45:16 PM »
I've dealt with PA's customer service numerous times and would give them a solid "B".  They were very pleasant on the phone but I got the feeling that some of their employees either didn't know their job very well or were new at it.  One time it took 6 phone calls to clear up a simple billing error.  Even then I didn't get everything I was promised but close enough that it wasn't worth further pursuit.

On the other hand PA's return policy is top notch and if you use their website's system to initiate the return you shouldn't have any problems.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to buy again from PA.
  • Someplace in Virginia

Offline Spacebus

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
Pricing and free tins aside, we are in a plague that is causing massive disruptions across the board. That could be a big part of why things are rough at PA customer service these days.
  • USA, ME,  Machias
Diana Bandit .177
Seneca Eagle Claw .25
Daisy 901