Saber Tactical
New England Airgun
Umarex Airguns
Contact us
Utah Airguns
SEKHMET Airgun Accessories
Freedom Gun Targets
Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop

Author Topic: Where JSAR gate?  (Read 2281 times))

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Plain ole' Admin
    • GTA Members Map
Re: Where JSAR gate?
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2020, 04:22:43 PM »
You think deleting the vendor gate and all the complaints members here have voiced about the CS at JSAR is going to make the complaints go away?  I doubt it, in fact I suspect it will just make it worse. Deleting the legitimate concerns of members and customers of JSAR without adequately addressing them is essentially dismissing these complaint as insignificant and openly showing you really don’t care!  I don’t see how this will bode well for future business or this forum...
Had nothing to do with JSAR this has been in the works for quite awhile and emails were sent to vendors weeks ago. This is to improve the GTA experience. If you have a problem with a vendor contact that vendor and please read the rules...Furthermore if we see a vendor causing disruption in our forum they will be warned as JSAR has been as of today.

I never got an email. This was a total surprise to me. I would have tried to archive my gate history at least. It is minimum a tragic loss of a piece of the board's vendor history. Why not preserve it and lock it from further posting.

Was because you were no longer a GTA sanctioned vendor. The message went to the GTA vendors.
Revelation 760 PumpMaster (Vintage 1967)
Powerline 1000S .177 (semi-tuned by me & innards by kiwi Pete)
Benjamin Super Streak .177/.22 (converted to NP & w/GRT-III)
Weihrauch HW97K .177
Benjamin Trail NP XL1100 (home tuned by muwah with Tuna trigger)
Stoeger X-20 RAMmed by Gene and Tuna trigger
Winchester 1000SX .177 (semi-tuned by muwah)
Winchester 1000B RAMmed by Gene
Crosman 1377 "Goldfinger"
Disco .22 Multi-Shot Custom

Ain't this a great place to be

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Plain ole' Admin
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »
Hmmm...  I might be in the minority here, but I agree that the Vendors gate could be pretty slow.  I did always appreciate when the vendors would post about advance sales. 

The one gate that I will miss is Steve Corcoran's - even though he shut down his business.  I really enjoyed looking at his creations as I hoped to own one of his custom stocks at some point  :'(

Good news is Steve MAY be returning in the near future. Things tend to evolve and change. I'm sure he will be VERY welcomed to come back as a vendor. He produced exceptional products!!!
Weihrauch HW97K .177

Offline ezman604

• Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Plain ole' Admin
    • GTA Members Map
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »
Hi all, I was out of town for three days for the funeral of a close family friend who was taken far before her time. I just got back into cell coverage. Seems a bit of clarification is in order.
I [Jacob] am the 100% owner of JSAR. I hired Travis as an employee a couple years ago to handle technical support and sales. To say that he has been a model employee would be a massive understatement. He works long hours, answers a zillion phone calls and emails, and is always willing to do one extra thing if necessary.
However, I drastically underestimated the time and resources necessary to get these birds in the air.  And we've been overwhelmed basically since day 1. The next 2-3 weeks will be very exciting, as we will be pushing out guns at a higher rate than ever before.  I'm finally getting our supply chain figured out.
If you've got a gun on order, then it'll be delivered soon. If you've canceled an order, the refund is en route.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Jacob. MANY thanks for the update!!!
Weihrauch HW97K .177

Offline RobertMcC

• Expert
Wheres JSAR gate?
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2020, 09:15:58 AM »
Hi all, I was out of town for three days for the funeral of a close family friend who was taken far before her time. I just got back into cell coverage. Seems a bit of clarification is in order.
I [Jacob] am the 100% owner of JSAR. I hired Travis as an employee a couple years ago to handle technical support and sales. To say that he has been a model employee would be a massive understatement. He works long hours, answers a zillion phone calls and emails, and is always willing to do one extra thing if necessary.
However, I drastically underestimated the time and resources necessary to get these birds in the air.  And we've been overwhelmed basically since day 1. The next 2-3 weeks will be very exciting, as we will be pushing out guns at a higher rate than ever before.  I'm finally getting our supply chain figured out.
If you've got a gun on order, then it'll be delivered soon. If you've canceled an order, the refund is en route.

Sorry for your loss. May I make a suggestion? Try not to push them out faster. Rushing = more mistakes and lower quality. I'm sure customers would be alot happier to get quality done right. Than getting it out the door, that they may complain later.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:07:25 AM by oldpro »
  • Nova Scotia, CANADA

Offline Springrrrr

• Expert
  • no
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2020, 02:07:01 PM »
We certainly do not want to see Travis go, although retirement is not a bad thing at all.  The trouble is there is not enough time to do what has to be done.

The question remains, is Mr. Motorhead going to cover his basis or is there plans to pick up on other technical types to do more research and or repairs of the Raptors and other of your products as they age?

Those of us that have made purchases all hope JSAR continues to be in the forefront of air gun advancement, sales and service and maybe even spank some of the major manufactures in competition.
  • Loudon Tennessee
Quiet guns, loud guns, motorcycles and a good golf swing just to keep it going.
I am, therefore I plink.

Offline oldpro

• GTA
  • Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
We certainly do not want to see Travis go, although retirement is not a bad thing at all.  The trouble is there is not enough time to do what has to be done.

The question remains, is Mr. Motorhead going to cover his basis or is there plans to pick up on other technical types to do more research and or repairs of the Raptors and other of your products as they age?

Those of us that have made purchases all hope JSAR continues to be in the forefront of air gun advancement, sales and service and maybe even spank some of the major manufactures in competition.
Im officially retired and running the GTA full time. I will however be working off and on as a consultant with JSAR and other companies, Scott is working for JSAR where needed and most likely will be hired to run the business and he is very good at organization and getting product out.
  • Katy, Texas
Raptor mini 2 in .25
Huben k1 .22
Diana 56
FX tarantula
Walther R8
LCS SK-19

Offline bear air

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2020, 06:05:42 PM »
So will the 2nd gen ss valves and aluminum tubes be available through JSAR again or will they be sold by airgun pro shop? Congrats on the retirement Travis.
  • Sioux City IA, USA
Benjamin Armada Bottle Carbine 30 cal UTG 10x44, Benjamin Armada 25 cal Kuiu Vias vinyl wrap 20'' MMHF barrel UTG 4x16x44, Benjamin Marauder 22 cal x2 1-24'' MMHF barrel 500cc bottle gun Bushnell Nitro 2.5x10x44 FFP, 1-20''LW barrel Bushnell 4x12x40 Engage, Benjamin Marauder 17 cal 20''LW barrel Bushnell Engage 4x12x40, Benjamin Fortitude 22 cal 20'' LW barrel Boyds at one thumbhole stock Discovery 3x12x44 FFP, Beeman Quiet TEK 22 & 177 cal Beeman Silver Kodiak x2 22 cal & 177cal Psalm 107:14  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains

Offline oldpro

• GTA
  • Administrator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »
So will the 2nd gen ss valves and aluminum tubes be available through JSAR again or will they be sold by airgun pro shop? Congrats on the retirement Travis.
Thank you Chris. Threw air gun proshop last I heard.
  • Katy, Texas
Raptor mini 2 in .25
Huben k1 .22
Diana 56
FX tarantula
Walther R8
LCS SK-19

Offline darren

• Expert
  • Check the torque on the nut behind the but.
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2020, 11:00:54 PM »

Congratulations on being official

Im officially retired and running the GTA full time. I will however be working off and on as a consultant with JSAR and other companies, Scott is working for JSAR where needed and most likely will be hired to run the business and he is very good at organization and getting product out.
  • lodi california