GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Triple play

(1/2) > >>

Jonesin:
Went out to my parents house to sight in the 890 with the wife and kids yesterday. Spent the better part of the afternoon plinking with my 11yo daughter and hanging with my Dad. Shortly before we left I decided to head out front while my daughter and Dad continued to plink. Sat underneath the beech tree facing the woodsline about 30 yds away. DISCLAIMER: Careful sitting under a beech tree. Clear the area unless you wanna be picking spines out of your butt!

Lit up a cig and popped open a cold one and sat there enjoying the perfect Virginia day. Just finished my cig when I noticed Nutter #1 sitting broadside in a tree watching me. Elbows on my knees, the Big Cat sent a CP Domed (boxed) .22 on the way for a cranial inspection. A solid THWOCK and he was dead where he fell.

Went around back to check on my daughter, grabbed another cold one and headed back out. Lit up another smoke and started watching a hug den tree I have seen big males in for years. Saw something out of the corner of my eye to the right, shifted position (AGAIN: SPINES!! OUCH!), and saw two more males in the same vicinity as the first one. Lined up my shot, sent another CP on the way and hear another satisfying THWOCK. Nutter #2 down. Loaded up and was surprised to see the 3rd one still there. This shot was off slightly, hit him in the neck and he fell doing a dance. Finished him off and realized I had just taken 3 in less than 20 minutes. Perfect way to finish the perfect day.

1377x:
nice shooting!
3 nutters taken in less than 20 minutes  i need a day like that

only1harry:
Nice shooting with your BC!  Did you mean nutter#1.  They look a little too big for chipprers (chipmunks) :)  All those nutters in just a few minutes is outstanding! 

shadow:
Some fine looking Grays there bro, great shooting and pic's. Ed

Jonesin:
Yes, nutters. OY!! :-) Modified. That was the 4th revision as I tried to upload pics over 200k and I was rushed and reading other stories while I was doing it. Not chipmunks, greys!!!  ;D The meal I am prepping for would not qualify for a full meal with chipmunks!! lol Thanks, bro's. The BC was shooting better than I ever expected. The 890 has yet to make me feel confident as I just sighted it in yesterday. The BC is my "go to" AG. It's the one I pick up and know I will hit a beer cap at 50yds with. I will soon have the same confidence with the 890. My daughter was cocking it and shooting like a pro.

BTW, I apologize again for crappy cell pics. I need a decent compact digi for my pack and the womans digi is dead (new battery?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version