GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Did you know...........C

(1/2) > >>

a1Bogey:
Did you know?   CROWS can laugh!!!!!   I found this out this morning.   A familar call echoed around me while I was in the backyard.   Looking around,  I spotted 2 large crrows sitting in the tops of some nearby pines.   They just sat there making racket.   Slipped back into the house and picked up an AG and some pellets.  It was a long distance for me, about 75yards and 60+ feet up.  Carefully I aimed and fired.  Not a feather cut.  They just looked in my direction and cawed in a mocking way.  Tried it again and missed again.  Still they remained.  And still they mocked.   Finally after my last attempt, they lazily flew away.  Mocking as they disappeared out of sight.

I think they departed for 2 reasons.  1. as an act of kindness to me.   2. they figured the odds that sooner or later ( I might get lucky ) one of the shots may connect.

Anyway,  I 'm sure that they where laughing during the entire scene.

Bogey

oldpink:
Who knows?
Coulda been Heckle & Jeckle.

only1harry:
I believe it, or you can be sure they were talking and communicating about you, until they finally agreed to relocate.  They could probably see the pellet coming and its trajectory half way after it slowed down, and figured the next one might be too close for comfort :)  That cawing you heard was probably their mathematical and probability calculations  :o  :D

oldpink:

--- Quote from: only1harry on September 07, 2010, 01:06:02 PM ---I believe it, or you can be sure they were talking and communicating about you, until they finally agreed to relocate.  They could probably see the pellet coming and its trajectory half way after it slowed down, and figured the next one might be too close for comfort :)  That cawing you heard was probably their mathematical and probability calculations  :o  :D

--- End quote ---

Haha
Meanwhile, there were two ravens sitting 100 yards away, laughing at the crows who lacked the common sense to get out of the way with the first shot.

Progun:
Bogey, not only can those crows laugh but they can wink also. When I drive past them just down the road from my house where they know I can't shoot at them I'd swear they have winked at me with a wry crow smile as if to say "nah nah na nah nah, you can't shoot me". They get educated fast. I'd swear crows give my place a wide berth probably because they have passed the word amongs't themselves that "there's a guy down there with a rifle".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version