GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

1st rattus of 2022

(1/5) > >>

ranchibi:
Rat traffic has been slow around here, but, about a week ago I saw a pair of rats looking to nest close by and I waited till they settled in before I decided to set up for one and tonight I wasn't ready but when I saw one peering thru some shrubs I quickly grabbed the Prod and loaded a JSB sleeping pill, got the tripod ready, opened the window and waited for hopefully another appearance by one of them and sure enough the male obliged. He was 18yds away facing me at a slight angle, I put the non illuminated dot (non because I forgot to turn the IR off last time so the battery died) on his forehead and slowly let the pill go...thwack...he crumpled up and fell DRT...15", a good sized adult male. First one of the year!

ER00z:
Good shot placement!

That is a good sized rat there. Lucky guy got a JSB pill free of charge... Lol.

Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58):
Nice shot Randall!  He's a big one too!  You and that Prod are a deadly combination!  I have one that showed up a few days ago, like you, I'm letting him get settled in and hoping he get his friends to join him!   ;D  Now, if I could just get the rest of the critters to clear out so he can begin to feel at home!

ranchibi:

--- Quote from: ER00z on January 19, 2022, 06:11:02 PM ---Good shot placement!

That is a good sized rat there. Lucky guy got a JSB pill free of charge... Lol.

--- End quote ---

LOL Zack! And, thank you very much! I guess it couldn't turn down a "freebie"!

ranchibi:

--- Quote from: Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58) on January 19, 2022, 06:18:53 PM ---Nice shot Randall!  He's a big one too!  You and that Prod are a deadly combination!  I have one that showed up a few days ago, like you, I'm letting him get settled in and hoping he get his friends to join him!   ;D  Now, if I could just get the rest of the critters to clear out so he can begin to feel at home!

--- End quote ---

Paullllll! Thank you so much! Yeah, big one for sure. The Prod is a great low power ratting PCP for sure. Looking forward to your post after the big guys clear out! All us ratters have had slow, low rraffic ratting for too long!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version