GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Benjamin discovery gauge port?

(1/1)

cpool:
Threads are bad in mine called crossman to order a new one they told me it has been discontinued. Is there one for another gun that will fit my discovery?
Thanks

rsterne:
They changed the gauge threads.... Discovery was different, but this should help....

https://hardairmagazine.com/news/crosman-challenger-2009-pressure-gauge-change-vital-information-for-owners/

Bob

JayDee24ca:
I had the same problem with my new Discovery just a few weeks back. I should have got it on warranty, but the hassle of doing so here in Canada was not worth the effort. I bought an new OEM one (Canadian Shooting Supply, Canada) as well as a modified larger bore one (Magnum Airpower, USA, $21) There are lots of places online that sell Disco parts.

douglasr:
I believe I was once told the prod fit but you had to have an adapter to lengthen it to use your gauge. Maybe someone will confirm that.

rsterne:
Yes, you can use the PRod gauge block, and the gauge will screw directly into it (1/8"-NPT threads).... If you want the original gauge height, you use a 1/8"-NPT male to female extension.... The advantage to using the PRod gauge block is that the through hole is MUCH larger, which at high power levels allows better airflow, as the entire reservoir works as a plenum.... You won't notice an advantage in a mild tune, but it won't hurt, either, so there is no disadvantage.... The part on the right in the photo below is a PRod gauge block.... Note the large through hole....

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version