GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

New To It All

(1/4) > >>

Richard3589:
 I own a Hatsan 95 Vortex QE and plan on getting a couple more Springers/Gas Ram up to .25 cal. Also interested in maybe a Affordable PCP in .25 or larger on a budget, hopefully without using a pump. Any advice would be appreciated.
This Airgun thing gets addictive. LOL. Thanks in advance.

Acapulco:
MY Advice....research... youtube vids etc.

Have fun & Welcome to GTA.

Roadworthy:
Shoot your 95 for awhile to see if you like springers.  That will give you a start on whether or not you even LIKE spring piston airguns.  Not everybody does.  Your use and expectations may limit just how far you can go depending on your budget.  A .25 caliber airgun is probably the practical upper limit for a springer.  You will be amazed how fast the price increases for larger caliber PCP guns - again, depending on your budget.  You can charge a PCP from a hand pump, a tank, or purchase an electric pump.  Whether you like it or not, if your budget is tight you'll probably start out with a hand pump.  Follow the advice in the prior post and get some education.  You can also shop Pyramyd Air or Airguns of Arizona to get an idea what's out there and how prices run.  Good luck and welcome to the GTA.

19Sheridan57:
 Welcome to the forum.
  My friend has the same rifle & it is a sweet shooting rifle.

Richard3589:

--- Quote from: Roadworthy on January 17, 2022, 02:55:08 AM ---Shoot your 95 for awhile to see if you like springers.  That will give you a start on whether or not you even LIKE spring piston airguns.  Not everybody does.  Your use and expectations may limit just how far you can go depending on your budget.  A .25 caliber airgun is probably the practical upper limit for a springer.  You will be amazed how fast the price increases for larger caliber PCP guns - again, depending on your budget.  You can charge a PCP from a hand pump, a tank, or purchase an electric pump.  Whether you like it or not, if your budget is tight you'll probably start out with a hand pump.  Follow the advice in the prior post and get some education.  You can also shop Pyramyd Air or Airguns of Arizona to get an idea what's out there and how prices run.  Good luck and welcome to the GTA.

--- End quote ---
  I've been shooting my 95 for a while and like it quite a bit. definitely getting another springer and my budget would be tight on a PCP. Been pricing them for a few months, but your right it is a big investment. Pump is probably out the question with my back issues, but who knows. Thank you for the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version