Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: New Crosman 362  (Read 436 times))

Offline Werewolf49

• Shooter
  • yes
New Crosman 362
« on: January 16, 2022, 03:58:11 PM »
The New Crosman 362 Has been released form Crosman for $107.00 with free shipping and a tin of new 22 Cal pellets. It looks and great and shoots hard. reminds me of the Crosman 1400. Would have loved it if they called it the 1462 Its the same size as the 1400 but lighter with synthetic stock but shoots just as hard. I ordered mine from Crosman on January 7th and it arrived on the 12th no shipping charges and packed very well no box damage. It does except the Crosman steel breech but you will need to modify the bolt just a little to be able to cock the gun. The bolt probe is a 1/8th of inch to short and needed to be adjusted - so I took one of my bolt probes and put in my Mini Lathe and drilled out the end taped it and added two brass washers that are the same diameter as the bolt and screwed them onto the bolt probe witch gave me the needed depth to cock the gun . Gonna make a full brass bolt probe for the rifle, but right now this simple mode works very well.  Nailed  five pigeons  after adding the new breach - The Steel breach is also at Crosman $35.00, don't overpay for it on Ebay or Amazon.
  • sacramento, Ca

Offline Back_Roads

• I Got A 10 Pump BB Gun :) BB Guns Got Much More Complicated :)
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • 1st Edition Crosman 760 Pump Master
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
Re: New Crosman 362
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
  On the sear not catching, if the safety spring is uninstalled, or on the wrong side of the safety cross pin, it will most likely not catch the sear as the spring is not in the proper tension position.
  • Wisconsin Collins "Hunters Paradise" There's a Sign in Town to Prove It :)

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 11:40:51 AM »
  On the sear not catching, if the safety spring is uninstalled, or on the wrong side of the safety cross pin, it will most likely not catch the sear as the spring is not in the proper tension position.

Or if the safety pin is out of the gun.  ;)
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
...Like i say " i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as cphp are what it picks"

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 12:10:14 PM »

Or if the safety pin is out of the gun.  ;)
I mistyped spring for the word pin, now I feel like a pinhead LOL

Offline moose

• Shooter
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 03:41:26 AM »
so you are saying a regular stainless 1322 extended probe will not work with the steel breech on the 362?    the backside of the probe is not long enough
  • Mooresville, NC
I should have stuck with Skateboarding ... it's ALOT cheaper !

Offline Wayne52

• GTA Moderator
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2022, 10:29:12 AM »
Can't believe this thread got moved here in spring/gas ram forum, it belongs where it was originally posted in the Crosman section.  We use to post a lot of stuff like this in the Darkside but I'll move it back to the Crosman gate.
  • Michigan
HHDSUPCOM Cam Rahn Bay VN 71-72

My F10 Shoebox rocks 8)

Offline Back_Roads

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • Back_Roads Airgunning
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2022, 10:47:32 AM »
 Someone read the bad add copy that some venders are using, so not too clear of what type of gun the 362 is ??? LOL

Offline Keepingitsimple

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2022, 11:40:06 AM »

THAT may be my problem right there. I forgot to reinstall the safety when I put my 362 back together yesterday.
  • USA,  Texas, Fort Worth
Last year, my garden was overrun with pests and I harvested 43 hosps. Today, my garden is filled with male and female red headed finches and goldfinches. This morning I saw a wren cleaning insects off my pepper plants. I'd say I traded up.

I also traded up this year by joining GTA. Thank you.

Offline Firewalker

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Pray for Ukraine, save her from the Russian BEAST!
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »

THAT may be my problem right there. I forgot to reinstall the safety when I put my 362 back together yesterday.

Been there, done that, I feel for ya!  ::)
  • USA, MN, Mille Lacs
...Like i say " i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as cphp are what it picks"

Offline Keepingitsimple

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »

Been there, done that, I feel for ya!  ::)

Mines fixed and sighted back in at 10 yards using CPUM's at 3 pumps.
Thanks for your quick reply to my 'won't fire' thread the other day when I needed help.

Initially my valve had air in it and I couldn't fire my gun to release the pressure. Then later, putting it back together, the sear and hammer were binding so I couldn't cock it. But, the latter was caused by the lack of a safety.

Along the way, I took a diamond hone to the contact points of the trigger parts, then smoothed them with an arkansas stone. Lastly, I lubed them.

No gritty feel to my trigger now.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 03:30:51 PM by Keepingitsimple »
Last year, my garden was overrun with pests and I harvested 43 hosps. Today, my garden is filled with male and female red headed finches and goldfinches. This morning I saw a wren cleaning insects off my pepper plants. I'd say I traded up.

Offline Keepingitsimple

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2022, 03:28:04 PM »
Double post.

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
We all make mistakes....
Just a while ago I disassemble #805.. again.
I cocked the gun to get the small breech screw out and forgot to uncock it before I took the top and bottom end cap screws out.
Good thing I had a spare end cap....  :o
I'll find it someday... or Boss will and bring it to me.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama