GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Benjamin Sheridan C9A cocking

(1/1)

Jerald K:
Benjamin Sheridan  C9A   hard cocking?       I acquired the rifle ,  looks like it has not been used very much and it cocks very hard. I put a scope on it and I can't cock it without using a  tool to pull bolt back below the scope.    I am not familiar with these rifles and was wonder if this is normal or will it loosen up with use?   Maybe not  the perfect rifle for a 75 year old guy?  I have to set it down to pump it up. But it looks very good and shoots some nice groups. Lots of work to shoot and gets put towards the end of the gun rack.   

Frank in Fairfield:
1. Not normal.
2. Will not loosen up
3. Cocking should be easy for about 5 pumps and increase in difficulty to pump 8
4. Bolt should move freely
5. I am 76 and shoot mine every week.

I would send it to Tim McMurray (MAC1.com).
He will service and it will be like new….

19Sheridan57:
  Pull the cocking handle halfway back. Put a couple of drops of non detergent oil, transmission fluid around bolt, & let it stand in a corner, with a rag under the butt. Sometime something gets in there that causes the friction & oil will help dissolve it. See if it is easier to cock the next day.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: 19Sheridan57 on January 09, 2022, 08:25:32 AM ---  Pull the cocking handle halfway back. Put a couple of drops of non detergent oil, transmission fluid around bolt, & let it stand in a corner, with a rag under the butt. Sometime something gets in there that causes the friction & oil will help dissolve it. See if it is easier to cock the next day.

--- End quote ---

not long before my dad gave me 'ol blue the bolt had become so hard to cock I had to stand it up and use my foot, I don't remember what i did to resolve the issue but i know it certainly can be resolved.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version