PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles PyramydAir The Airgun Experts Umarex USA Airguns Utah Airguns Nielson Specialty Ammo Nielson Specialty Ammo FX Airguns DonnyFL Airgun Archery Fun Saber Tactical New England Airguns Evanix Airguns at Airgun Pro Shop Sekhmet USA Freedom Targets AirgunWeb Old School Airgun Reviews Hajimoto Productions Airgun Angie - Backyard Shooting Air Tanks Plus Jefferson State Air Rifles

Author Topic: Truglo globe sight  (Read 333 times))

Offline ER00z

• Expert
  • yes
Re: Truglo globe sight
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2021, 09:07:02 PM »
I try to remember F.O.R.S. (Front Opposite Rear Same) for sight adjustment.

Yes, with the lower post hight, I'm nearly out of downward adjustment in my rear sight. I do have "one click" left before bottoming out. Off hand 1.5" high at 30 yards isn't horrible (not the best either). It's right around the peak of trajectory, I'll have to do some shooting rested and on paper to really see how things do.
  • USA, Central NY

Offline Artie

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2021, 09:25:58 PM »
Sights:
The higher the rear sight, the higher the impact. 
High Impact: lower rear sight or raise front sight.
Low Impact: raise rear sight or lower front sight.

My photo is misleading because of the angle I shot the picture. On my D34 with the oem front globe, and with the oem open rear that I cranked comletely down (cw) I was still impacting high. However, the Diana front globe spiked post (as I received it) was angled toward the muzzle. By bending the spike vertcally (perpendicular to the barrel) I began grouping in the bull.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:35:23 PM by Artie »
  • North Carolina

Offline Yogi

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2021, 09:27:31 PM »

Yes, with the lower post hight, I'm nearly out of downward adjustment in my rear sight. I do have "one click" left before bottoming out. Off hand 1.5" high at 30 yards isn't horrible (not the best either). It's right around the peak of trajectory, I'll have to do some shooting rested and on paper to really see how things do.

You sure?  Really? ???

-Y
  • San Francisco, CA
Hatsan 95 Vortex, .22
RWS 6G, .177
RWS LP8 Magnum, .177
Diana 340 N-Tec, .22 Compact Lexus
HW 50S, .177, .20, and .22

Offline ER00z

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 10:17:16 PM »

You sure?  Really? ???

-Y

Lol, yes...

(to everything in that post, even the painfully obvious ;) )

-Be well, stay safe

*Edit*

Yogi, I took your reply as sarcasm. My apologies if not so. That post was a reply to Deeco on the previous page:
Maybe ots my eyes bit your picture shows the truglo lower then the diana.

Arties its taller?

Anyway.

If you hit to the left you move the front sight to the left that brings your shot right..

Now if you lower the front that should make you shoot higher.

Cause that raises the rear sight plain just as if you brought the rear blade adjustment up.

Now its looking like the front truglo is lower that now caises your rear to run out of down adjustment, right?

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 11:11:17 PM by ER00z »
  • USA, Central NY

Offline ER00z

• Expert
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2021, 07:34:50 PM »
After getting dialed in, I was able to shoot the D350 with the Truglo sight a bit. With the rear sight adjustment at "one click" from bottomed out and rested, the gun had a 30 yard zero. Each click up from there puts you on target about 5 yards further, to 50 yards (that I have available currently to shoot). I happened to get lucky, As the "0" on the dial was my 30 yard zero. The "2" was good at 40 yards and "4" was on at 50 yards.

Here's some 50 yard shots on painted steel using the Truglo globe sight on the D350...(as posted in another thread, a 5 shot group, then repainted and 10 more)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2021, 07:40:11 PM by ER00z »
  • USA, Central NY