GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > 100 Yard Match

***Results Added*** 100 Yard Air Rifle Match #6-2021

(1/19) > >>

KevinJBrown:
Welcome to the 6th 100 yard match of 2021.
This match will run for 4 weeks. The rules and targets can be found at the rules and targets thread for this match http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=125759.0
Post a scan or picture of the target by the end of the day Sunday September 19, 2020
If you are not a member of the NUAH Club and would like to join or would like to upgrade your Division standing, your submitted target can be used for that also. All the rules to becoming a member of the NUAH Club must be followed also.

Please include with your submission:

Name
Airgun
Sights
Pellet/Bullet
Position
Score and Group Size
Any other info you would like to share(weather,pictures, etc)

Have Fun and Enjoy the match.

Results... will be posted ongoing as the match progresses at the bottom of this post. I will break down the scores by the different calibers shot.

RESULTS - MATCH #6 - 2021 - Posted by Bob Sterne - Please contact me if you see an error.

dgwrenn              50/50  4X  0.68" ctc       w/ .22 cal  Deleted, Rule # 6 - only 1 target per caliber may be submitted.
tommy2toes        50/50  3X   0.77" ctc      w/.22 cal
dgwrenn              50/50  2X  0.63" ctc       w/ .22 cal
Jimmy Fussell      50/50  2X   0.74" ctc      w/ .30 cal
Kid Shelleen        50/50  2X   1.24" ctc      w/.25 cal
Kid Shelleen        49/50 3X    0.72" ctc      w/ .22 cal
Traxxx                47/50. 2X   1.72” ctc      w/.25 cal
Captain Paul        46/50 2X    2 7/16" ctc   w/.25 cal

.22 cal:

tommy2toes        50/50  3X   0.77" ctc      w/.22 cal
dgwrenn              50/50  2X  0.63" ctc       w/ .22 cal
Kid Shelleen        49/50 3X    0.72" ctc      w/ .22 cal

.25 cal:

Kid Shelleen        50/50  2X   1.24" ctc      w/.25 cal
Traxxx                47/50. 2X   1.72” ctc      w/.25 cal
Captain Paul        46/50 2X    2 7/16" ctc   w/.25 cal

.30 cal:

Jimmy Fussell      50/50  2X   0.74" ctc      w/ .30 cal

tommy2toes:

--- Quote from: KevinJBrown on August 16, 2021, 09:53:37 AM ---Welcome to the 6th 100 yard match of 2021.
This match will run for 4 weeks. The rules and targets can be found at the rules and targets thread for this match http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=125759.0
Post a scan or picture of the target by the end of the day Sunday September 19, 2020
If you are not a member of the NUAH Club and would like to join or would like to upgrade your Division standing, your submitted target can be used for that also. All the rules to becoming a member of the NUAH Club must be followed also.

Please include with you submission:

Name
Airgun
Sights
Pellet/Bullet
Position
Score and Group Size
Any other info you would like to share(weather,pictures, etc)

Have Fun and Enjoy the match.

Results... will be posted ongoing as the match progresses at the bottom of this post. I will break down the scores by the different calibers shot.

--- End quote ---

Kevin, thanks.  Q. Is there a way that you can start October thru December on the first of each month and end on the last day of each month?  If there is a good reason for not doing so ( i.e., your work schedule or date conflicts) that’s fine but I have seen a couple requests for this so I was curious if it is possible. Regardless, as long as we get four consecutive weeks ( 28 days ), this is what we need.  Again, thanks for organizing this each month.

NUAH shooters - If I counted correctly we have around 33 days to get our cards submitted for the September match.  A little less than 5 weeks.  That should give us adequate time.  Good luck and have fun.

Captain Paul:

--- Quote from: tommy2toes on August 16, 2021, 04:42:04 PM ---NUAH shooters - If I counted correctly we have around 33 days to get our cards submitted for the September match.  A little less than 5 weeks.  That should give us adequate time.  Good luck and have fun.

--- End quote ---

I just ordered a .25 over the weekend and if it arrives in time I'll be submitting a card for this match.  Good or bad, I'll send one.  I have to defend my last place record!!!  ;)

rsterne:
Tommy, Marty used to run the Matches every 4 weeks, and that is what we were attempting to do.... It gives eight matches between the beginning of April and the middle of November.... It also makes the match end on a Sunday, while running for 4 weeks.... something not possible if you run one each month....

Having said that, if most of the shooters would sooner have only 1 match per month, that is certainly possible.... The decision would have to be made to either run by the calendar month (ending on the last day of the month), or ending on the last Sunday night of the month.... That would mean that some months may not have 4 full weeks if they start on the 1st of the month....

I would suggest that you start a separate thread, with a poll, giving all the reasonable possibilities.... You could also ask when to begin and end the matches for the year, as in many areas it is not possible to shoot before April or much after October, certainly not in December through March....

Bob

tommy2toes:

--- Quote from: rsterne on August 17, 2021, 01:33:31 AM ---Tommy, Marty used to run the Matches every 4 weeks, and that is what we were attempting to do.... It gives eight matches between the beginning of April and the middle of November.... It also makes the match end on a Sunday, while running for 4 weeks.... something not possible if you run one each month....

Having said that, if most of the shooters would sooner have only 1 match per month, that is certainly possible.... The decision would have to be made to either run by the calendar month (ending on the last day of the month), or ending on the last Sunday night of the month.... That would mean that some months may not have 4 full weeks if they start on the 1st of the month....

I would suggest that you start a separate thread, with a poll, giving all the reasonable possibilities.... You could also ask when to begin and end the matches for the year, as in many areas it is not possible to shoot before April or much after October, certainly not in December through March....

Bob

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bob.

This is a very thorough clarification, which is very helpful.  The background and context was not previously understood or known to me, and perhaps by others also.

I think the main concern is to have more time (4 consecutive weeks ) for shooting and submitting the best monthly target.   Kevin gave us 33 days for September.  As long as this continues, this is optimum.

After reading this clarification, and if I see enough interest in changing the start and stop dates, I will run a poll in a separate thread.  Frankly, we have been getting such a small amount of participants that I don’t think polling the troops or changing to run the match on the first of the month and ending on the 4th Sunday or last day would increase the number of shooters.

I think having 4 weeks is what folks want. 

Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version