GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > 100 Yard Match

***Results Added*** 100 Yard Air Rifle Match #4-2021

<< < (2/11) > >>

tommy2toes:

--- Quote from: Montana_AirGunner on July 06, 2021, 02:08:29 AM ---
--- Quote from: tommy2toes on June 30, 2021, 07:42:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: rsterne on June 30, 2021, 07:13:45 PM ---It's getting too easy for you, Tommy.... Time to move back to 200 yds. and up your Master classification to the RED zone....  ;)

Bob

--- End quote ---

Thanks Bob!

Truth be told, I am getting slightly better with knowing when to shoot a sighter; then knowing when to shoot or not shoot based on a wind change/condition.  Those long range guys ( over 100 yards) really spend a lot of time and practice at that distance.

Bob, I have NO desire to shoot past 100 yards.  The RedWolf Safari .22 HP was tuned, modified, customized and shot very many times by AoA and their ART team before I could shoot this well.

So, Thank you for your compliments, but I will stay with 100 yards NUAH and this very friendly, complementary and supportive group of members.

Btw, shooting 100 yard EBR targets is much more difficult.  Hats off to those F2F shooters that ‘enter the arena.’

--- End quote ---

What speeds are you shooting those JSB KO slugs? I have had very good results with them in my barrel, although I feel they are not going fast enough to get the best out of them.

AJ

I have had good results with both 50 and 100 yard accuracy at around 945 FPS on Medium power setting.  I do know others have also had good results at 980-1000 FPS to with their Red Wolf .22 HP rifles.  The Heliboard allows you to really dial it in, but I don’t have one.

Only way to know for sure is try different speeds at distance and assess your gun’s optimum accuracy.

Good luck!

--- End quote ---

Captain Paul:
That's mighty fine shooting Tommy.  I'm still learning and tweaking my Cayden.  Not ready to compete yet, but hopefully soon...

tommy2toes:
Thanks Pablo, very kind!

Hey, I checked out your 100 yard target.  You’re ready! 

Seriously, the NUAH monthly virtual competitions are very casual and all the participants are extremely complementary and supportive.  Send a card(s) in for July and you will see what I mean.

In the meantime, what pellet are you shooting with the Cayden and what is the FPS?

Btw, beautiful dog.  Husky?

Tom

Captain Paul:

--- Quote from: tommy2toes on July 06, 2021, 12:55:45 PM ---Thanks Pablo, very kind!

Hey, I checked out your 100 yard target.  You’re ready! 

Seriously, the NUAH monthly virtual competitions are very casual and all the participants are extremely complementary and supportive.  Send a card(s) in for July and you will see what I mean.

In the meantime, what pellet are you shooting with the Cayden and what is the FPS?

Btw, beautiful dog.  Husky?

Tom

--- End quote ---

Thank you Tom.  I've only had the Cayden for a few weeks and it's the first time I'm really getting serious in air gunning.  I'm learning a lot and I'm very impressed with the Cayden.

I'm shooting JSB 18.1 domes, no idea what the FPS is because I don't have a chrony.  That's something I hope to rectify soon.

And no, the dog you see is my boy's "angry cousin".  Here's my boy and he's a husky / malamute mix.

tommy2toes:

Thank you Tom.  I've only had the Cayden for a few weeks and it's the first time I'm really getting serious in air gunning.  I'm learning a lot and I'm very impressed with the Cayden.

I'm shooting JSB 18.1 domes, no idea what the FPS is because I don't have a chrony.  That's something I hope to rectify soon.

And no, the dog you see is my boy's "angry cousin".  Here's my boy and he's a husky / malamute mix.
[/quote]

If/when you buy a Chrono, give the FX Radar portable a hard look.  I use it all the time and it gets the job done.  Lots of reviews on GTA and AGN by satisfied owners.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version