GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Archery

Sam Yang 909 with air bolts

(1/3) > >>

Steelhead:
I have recently acquired a Sam Yang 909 Light Hunter and I bought the Air Venturi air bolts. I have searched and looked and can't find anything that anyone has posted regarding arrows/performance out of the 909. I'm sure there's something out there, but I just haven't seen it. I'm chomping at the bit to start working with the bolts, but if anyone has any tips, advice, past experience with the 909 and arrows please chime in.

I'm curious on the speed, whether to cock the gun to 'low' power or 'high' power, how to put the arrows into the barrel (does the fletching get fold clockwise/counterclockwise), etc.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you have. I will post results when the shooting commences.

Nomadic Pirate:
I was using the Claw .50 with bolts and only needed to cock it to half power, it gave a nice 5-6 flat shots string

There's a thread with numbers but I thing they where traveling in the 380 fps range

diyj98:
You need to buy a chornograph.  I couldn't think of fooling around with airguns or archery (both of which I love) without a chono.

The breeze:
i have a .45 909 s and i love it. Will Piatt tuned it. i am getting 580 fps on a 2 shot string 3rd shot 540 at 2700 psi fill

WineRack 97KT:

--- Quote from: The breeze on April 07, 2021, 04:52:20 PM ---i have a .45 909 s and i love it. Will Piatt tuned it. i am getting 580 fps on a 2 shot string 3rd shot 540 at 2700 psi fill

--- End quote ---
That is amazing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version