GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

values of airguns

(1/30) > >>

tweedking:
so this is very subjective and just my opinion: the value of an airgun is approx. = (blue book value) - (10% for being not new in box) - (5% for modifications in any way, excluding sights) - (2% for anything not .177cal) +/- (2% for scope/peep/other sights) = (blue book value) - (up to 15-19%)

just my thoughts about what i will pay. (Crosman 13xx and 22xx, may be exceptions...but not immune)

correction: what you will part with $-wise is the perceived value. what an owner wants for their gun is not of any consequence if he can not get a buyer to pay the $$$$.

if you buy a new car for $50,000  and put $100,00 into parts and then try to sell it for $150,000, buyers will balk all day long about the 3X  MSRP junk-bucket that the greedy owner want to unload.

if you think your gun is worth 850 but the sales in the market show only sales under 300 you might not have a gun worth 850, like you think. more like 350, as the market dictates. you can hold on til someone gives you 850, but you will likely see inflation eat your profit (over 40 years), or you'll cave-into the lower price.

thanks,
rob

Racer X:
In 1992 I bought a Beeman P1 20th annavercery ait pistol. With the scope and bag. I remember it was expensive but of all the junk I have bought. It is the only thing I have that has held its value

stonykill:
 IMHO the value of an air gun is the amount of money you will take to part with it, or the amount of money you are willing to pay for it.

ezman604:

--- Quote from: stonykill on December 23, 2014, 09:28:12 AM --- IMHO the value of an air gun is the amount of money you will take to part with it, or the amount of money you are willing to pay for it.

--- End quote ---

THAT'S the answer in a nutshell.
:)

Sfttailrdr46:

--- Quote from: ezman604 on December 23, 2014, 09:35:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: stonykill on December 23, 2014, 09:28:12 AM --- IMHO the value of an air gun is the amount of money you will take to part with it, or the amount of money you are willing to pay for it.

--- End quote ---

THAT'S the answer in a nutshell.
:)

--- End quote ---
;) X2 After awhile in this sport most know the approximate "real" value of a particular adult AG and are willing to sell or purchase for that price or near it. a little back and forth haggling and both parties are satisfied. Then there are those that refuse to acknowledge the true worth of a particular rifle or pistol and will make a less than realistic offer in the hope that the seller is desperate or the buyer has no clue as to its particular value. At the end of the day it is we as the buyer or seller to negotiate the deal that works for us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version