GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Buyer's, Seller's & Trader's Comments

Ronno6 (Ron) - wonderful seller - 880 seal kit!

(1/1)

DIAMOND:
Over the years, I've ready many posts on GTA concerning the Daisy 880. It's my first childhood air rifle and still my favorite.

I recently purchased a 1984 Daisy 880 on the bay. When it arrived, I pumped it up and it shot...one time. After that, it just got weaker and weaker until it would not build pressure.

The elastomer spring in the pump assembly was a piece of soft putty. After removing it, I was able to roll it up into a ball, it was so soft.

I had read on GTA many posts either by Ron or in reference to him about his updated seal system he makes, so I immediately contacted him and within a couple days, the new parts arrived.

Ron is a wonder. I was blown away by the custom machined parts I received, as well as his homemade foam oil wipers. The custom parts look like they were made by Daisy, they are that precise and professional looking.

Now my new-to-me 880 shoots like I just bought it off the shelf back in the 80's.

Thanks, Ron!

Back_Roads:
 I highly recommend Ronno's parts, One may think digging into a 40 dollar gun not worth it, but it truly is :)

Ronno6:
My goal has always been to make it possible for owners of older 880's to return their rifles to service
without having to pay the king's ransom that sellers of the OEM parts command.
Plus, I consider my system to be an upgrade.

Y'all are two of the owners who make my efforts worthwhile.... Glad to help.

BTW.. I only make the foam wipers when Daisy is out of stock of their seal kits.
The kit you received had a Daisy part.....
I do make felt wipers when requested.

DIAMOND:

--- Quote from: Ronno6 on June 09, 2023, 10:10:57 AM ---My goal has always been to make it possible for owners of older 880's to return their rifles to service
without having to pay the king's ransom that sellers of the OEM parts command.
Plus, I consider my system to be an upgrade.

Y'all are two of the owners who make my efforts worthwhile.... Glad to help.

BTW.. I only make the foam wipers when Daisy is out of stock of their seal kits.
The kit you received had a Daisy part.....
I do make felt wipers when requested.

--- End quote ---

No worries on the wipers.

I'll be posting my chrony report soon. My old 880 with your parts is shooting faster than my newer one at higher pump counts.

Definitely an upgrade!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version