GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > 3D printing and files

Would like to work with someone

<< < (2/4) > >>

YEMX:
I just sent an email to Kraford & Lypt with regard to my rail idea.  I suggested a rail with these features:

-  Half as tall as factory
-  Non-adjustable
-  20 moa cant
-  Either keep the two side rails, get rid of the side rails, or replace side rails w/M-lok or Keymod slots so if people want to run pic rails on one or both sides, they can.

I think the above rail w/M-lok slots would be a better option for most people.

Again, all this may be moot, since FX might already be working on a 20 moa canted base for the Impact, since the Maverick comes w/one.  If that's the case, it may not be lower than current rails.  I hope they'd be smart enough to at least keep the back of the rail's height the same as it is currently, and simply lower the front down to create the slope needed.  That way, the rail would be a touch lower than current rails. 

YEMX:
Kraford & Lypt is definitely NOT interested in making a non-adjustable scope rail...  So I'll just keep an eye out for anyone wanting to help create a prototype for a new scope rail.  I'm not too keen on K&L's adjustable version. 

Rob g:
3D printing a rail strong enough isn't an issue. It can be printed from aluminum or even tool steel. The issue, as I see it, will be meeting the tolerances with the 3D printing process. A sloppy rail will be the weak link.

YEMX:

--- Quote from: Rob g on February 13, 2021, 04:11:13 PM ---3D printing a rail strong enough isn't an issue. It can be printed from aluminum or even tool steel. The issue, as I see it, will be meeting the tolerances with the 3D printing process. A sloppy rail will be the weak link.

--- End quote ---

That's true...  But I'm sure that can be handled by the machine settings... 

YEMX:
I'm going to put this idea on the backburner, until I get a 3d printer myself...  I've been doing some looking into printing services and materials, and it's going to be expensive!  That's even before getting the real version made.  In the mean time, FX will probably come out w/a 20 MOA rail for the Impact.  The Impact is their flagship- if the Maverick has a 20 MOA rail, one will surely be made available for the Impact.  I won't be getting that K&L version, as I'm not a huge fan of the adjustability they're building into their rail.  Thank you for everyone who offered to help!!  I appreciate it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version