Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Pyramyd Air  (Read 502 times))

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
Pyramyd Air
« on: August 01, 2022, 04:38:46 PM »
This is what happened:
I have been buying from Pyramyd Air for about nine years.  They have treated me well by selling at fair prices, offering discounts and free shipping, and by providing gift cards that didn't expire.  I have been pleased with Pyramyd Air.
However, Friday, I ordered pellets and noticed an unusual figure where the Sales Tax was listed.  When I asked for an explanation, I was told that the shipping was also taxed.  While it is legal to tax shipping in the state of Tennessee, it was not done on previous orders.  If they are now charging tax on the sale and shipping, they need to disclose their new practice by labeling that line as "Sales and Shipping Taxes".   
The representative was not forthcoming with the answers to questions I was asking in the numerous text messages.  It was like there was something that needed to kept HIDDEN from this customer.  Not a good experience this time.  It will be a looonnnggg time before I shop there again.
  • USA - Tennessee  --  Murfreesboro
Murfreesboro, Tennessee - Was Louisiana
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers.
Faites-moi une faveur: Ne pissez pas sur la poignée de la pompe !                
Abbreviations / Acronyms ---> http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=51866.0;topicseen

Offline Frank in Fairfield

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • GTA Senior Contributor
Re: Pyramyd Air
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2022, 06:38:35 PM »
Mike,
This was this morning.
I ordered on Friday but there was no movement until I tried to cancel:

How come they won’t cancel a shipment.
They still have the item.
A label has been created
Information sent to FEDEX
FEDEX doesn’t have it
FEDEX says PA can cancel
Why won’t they?
Sounds like USPS, huh?

They finally told me the item was on a Pallet for FEDEX to pick up this afternoon.
PA said it will be here for my birthday on Wednesday.
FEDEX says Friday..

From Utah-California

I am getting a bit perturbed, too.
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Daisy 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .177
Benjamin Marauder, Gen I, .25
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
Crosman 2300S
Daisy Model 25, Variant 15
Diana 6M
FWB 601
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2022, 08:50:39 PM »
Frank ---> I am getting a bit perturbed, too.

Oh, I am way beyond perturbed!  It's not the extra money.  It is the way I was treated.  A customer, no matter the size of the purchase, should be treated with respect.

I'm DONE!
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went. Will Rogers.
Abbreviations / Acronyms ---> http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=51866.0;topicseen

• "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement."
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2022, 09:25:30 PM »
I know PA is here on the GTA.
Hopefully they wise up..
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Daisy 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
Crosman 2300S
Diana 6M
FWB 601
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline uglymike

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2022, 04:24:17 AM »
I haven't done business with Pyramyd in several years for the same reason. Customer service is a joke. No more "deals" like there used to be at Christmas. All very corporate now, just "blame everything on COVID" approach to their lack of customer service.
  • Nebraska
attitude
not aptitude
determines altitude

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022, 07:06:53 AM »
Well, Mike, there was nothing Covid about the communications between Pyramyd Air's representative and me.  The person was very evasive in refusing to address my questions.  Instead, that team player attempted to muddy the waters of communications by asking pointless questions that would obviously lead to a dead end.  Everything seemed to be an attempt to frustrate me into giving up and accepting the situation.
Again, I want to stress that there was nothing illegal on Pyramyd Air's part of the transaction.  My issue is with the fact that Pyramyd Air had not collected that tax from me in the past.  And the repretantive kept being evasive and elusive in answering my inquiries.
An example of the representative's answer:  I see no evidence of any purchases you made while in Tennessee.  <--- I guess not, since Pyramyd Air had deleted all of my purchases that occurred more than two years ago. [I have lived in Tennessee for five years.]  I have purchased pellets, rifles, slings, and magazines.  All of these records have been deleted from their system.
And one other thing:  The package did not arrive on time.  Surprise, surprise!  <--- Purple indicates sarcasm.

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022, 08:02:03 AM »
Mike,
I ordered an accessory last Friday but after reading your posts decided I didn’t want it anymore.
I called on Monday to see about it and they said it was already shipped and it was supposed to be in California by Wednesday.
No!
Two hours later I received a message from FEDEX that a label has been created and they would be delivering on Friday.
I read all of the return instructions and understood if I did not open the package a COMPLETE refund (less shipping) be paid without a re-stocking fee.
So, when FEDEX showed up I call for a RMA and then received email that a 20% fee would be charged.
I decided I would keep the item as it will be a good birthday present for my eldest son.
The only air items I will ever need to continue this sport are pellets and those are available everywhere.
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Daisy 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
Crosman 2300S
Diana 6M
FWB 601
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline Rico14

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2022, 03:44:42 PM »
Mike,
I ordered an accessory last Friday but after reading your posts decided I didn’t want it anymore.
I called on Monday to see about it and they said it was already shipped and it was supposed to be in California by Wednesday.
No!
Two hours later I received a message from FEDEX that a label has been created and they would be delivering on Friday.
I read all of the return instructions and understood if I did not open the package a COMPLETE refund (less shipping) be paid without a re-stocking fee.
So, when FEDEX showed up I call for a RMA and then received email that a 20% fee would be charged.
I decided I would keep the item as it will be a good birthday present for my eldest son.
The only air items I will ever need to continue this sport are pellets and those are available everywhere.

If you , or anyone, has a package coming that you don't want, the easiest thing to do is refuse the delivery. No return labels, no restocking fees. UPS also lets you refuse delivery on a package that you received, as long as it isn't opened. Just bring it to a UPS drop off and tell them you refuse delivery
  • gone fishing

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2022, 05:19:19 PM »
Rico
You are right but..
PA uses FEDEX and neither FEDEX, UPS, AMAZON, USPS rings the bell unless a signature is required.
Drop and go.
  • Fairfield, CA, USA
AA TX200, .177
Daisy 499B
Baikal IZH46M
Baikal IZH60
Beeman P17
Beeman R1, .177
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
Crosman 2300S
Diana 6M
FWB 601
Sheridan C9a
Weihrauch HW35e, .177

Offline Rico14

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2022, 05:37:42 PM »
I must be doing something right. UPS, FEDEX and the mail lady all ring my doorbell when they drop off a package. I need to be quick if I need to talk to them, but they DO ring the bell. As I mentioned, you can still refuse delivery after the package has been dropped off. Don't open it and bring it to a UPS, FEDEX drop off. My mail lady has taken back packages the next day. YMMV
« Last Edit: August 04, 2022, 05:53:52 PM by Rico14 »
  • gone fishing

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2022, 12:53:29 PM »
UPDATE:
My package arrived today.  Only three days later than originally scheduled.  That would be on FedEx.
As always, in my limited experience, Pyramyd Air had wrapped the tin of pellets in two layers of cardboard sandwiching the pellets and foam.  Then there was a  statement and catalog before the second foam layer on top.  First class Pyramyd Air.

Sidenote - It is not easy to 'Unsubscribe' from Pyramyd Air.  But I will persist!

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2022, 11:32:03 PM »
First, go in your account setup at PA and delete everything it will let you. Should also be a box you can check in there to unsubscribe. You can also
open email they send you and at the bottom should be an unsubscribe link. If nothing else, report it as Spam and your email server should send it
there anytime you get one.
Why did I go through all that?? I did because I'd go on their website without logging into my account to look up whatever I wanted info on and
an hour or 2 later, I'd get an email asking if I was still interested in the item I'd been looking at.
Wait a minute, what????? I never logged in so how did you even know I was there???
Traded a couple emails with one of their CS reps to have him confirm that Yes, they link your static IP address to your email addy. Even if you
don't log in, their system recognizes your static IP address, knows you were there, then an hour or 2 later, sends you an email
asking if you're still interested in the item or items you were looking at.
  • NY, USA

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2022, 09:25:37 AM »
Thank you, Steve, for posting that.  Several times, I have 'Unsubscribed' only to received email again in a day or two. 
Open two or three accounts.  They will catch that PDQ and disable them.

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2022, 11:00:00 AM »
Thank you, Steve, for posting that.  Several times, I have 'Unsubscribed' only to received email again in a day or two. 

I must have done something right since I don't get email from them anymore...lol.
PA is my absolute last choice and while I have ordered a thing or 2 in the last couple
years, I only did because they were the only ones that actually had what I was
looking for.
  • NY, USA

Offline bnowlin

• Plain ole Country Boy and too dang gullible
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Ofcourse I talk to myself I need the expert advice
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2022, 08:43:32 PM »
Most states now require sales tax on ordered items.  I for one get penalized 1% n most cases because I have a city address and live 12 miles from there.  I noticed that Amazon Prime charged sales tax on their membership.
Everyone has their hand out it seems.
Bob
  • Leggett, Tx
Air Vetnuri Compressor
Mrod 22 PCP Air ext and shroud ext modded valve
Mrod 25 PCP Modded valve, air ext, and shroud ext.  Am I broke yet?  What a gun and those Polygon LW barrels Wow.
AIN"T THIS A GREAT PLACE TO BE?
My Papa was a Mrod, I'm a Son of a Gun, but He was not this crazy as I!

Offline huntr

• Plinker
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2022, 11:34:56 PM »
Not defending PA, because I have issues with them also, but... they have no choice to charge a tax on any sales if the state requires a tax.

FedEx is one of their biggest problems. They are downright ignorant. OR... maybe it's the level of shipping service PA is contracting for. There are very few orders  that I receive on the original shipping date. Once that day passes, FedEx stops providing tracking until decide they definitely have the time to get it there. Then, they just toss it on the porch... guns included. I've complained to PA and there answer is, FedEx is our partner. Well, grab your partner by some tender parts and squeeze a little until they start doing a better job.... or find a new partner.

I get orders from other companies that use FedEx and don't seem to have nearly as many issues with delivery as the ones from PA.
  • USA, DE
Marauder .22  Hill mod
Marauder .25. Hill mod
Marauder .177. Hill mod
Marauder Prod .22. Hill mod
Avenger .22
Avenger .25
Avenger BP .177
Hatsan Flash .177
Hatsan Flashpup .22
AA S500 FAC .22
AA TX200 MKIII .22
Diana 34 EMS .177
AEA Challenger .22
FX Wildcat MkIII .22
FX Maverick .25
Benjamin 392S .22
Crossman 1377 .177
Daisy 901 .177
Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 .22

Offline Lt. Dan

• N.U.A.H. Member
  • GTA Senior Contributor
    • Gaither Vocal Band - Sinner Saved by Grace
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 12:16:30 AM »
...Traded a couple emails with one of their CS reps to have him confirm that Yes, they link your static IP address to your email addy. Even if you don't log in, their system recognizes your static IP address, knows you were there, then an hour or 2 later, sends you an email asking if you're still interested in the item or items you were looking at.

So that is how they do it. I'd visit their site to compare prices and shipping then close the tab. First thing I know there is an email just like you said.

PA is my absolute last choice and while I have ordered a thing or 2 in the last couple years, I only did because they were the only ones that actually had what I was looking for.
I agree, I order only from them if I can't find it elsewhere.  I did just order 4k AA pellets from them but I couldn't find them anywhere else close to what they were selling them for.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:18:40 AM by Lt. Dan »
  • USA, Mississippi,  Jones County
Words to Live By:  Before You Pray - Believe;  Before You Speak - Listen;  Before You Spend - Earn;  Before You Write - Think;  Before You Quit - Try;  Before You Die - Live

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 10:02:22 AM »
It wasn't about the money or the taxes.
In my original post and again in Post #2, it was mentioned that Pyramyd Air didn't appeared to be upfront with me.  I didn't appreciate the way they were treating this customer by avoiding answering direct questions. 
I have always understood the need for taxes that provide the public services that most of us enjoy/need. 
Two things I mentioned before: 
1- They need to say in their checkout that the SHIPPING is also taxed. 
2- "It was the way I was treated."  <--- This one is the big issue that will likely mean the end to our business relationship.  I am closing the door at this time.  But it is not locked.

Offline Bicycleman

• Just another
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: Today at 10:36:55 AM »
It has been almost three weeks since the last time I 'Unsubscribed' from receiving email from Pyramyd Air. 
Yep, I received another email from them this morning.
That email went into the TRASH unanswered.  Sorry PA, I am still not pleased with the way I was treated.