Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: New Hatsan Alpha 650 fps?  (Read 1131 times))

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
Re: New Hatsan Alpha 650 fps?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2022, 07:44:42 PM »
A moron: Thanks for the confirmation! No, I haven't posted any reviews of the rifle, yet.

SteveP: 41 1/4". My bobbed is about 34" overall and has almost the same balance, at 12" barrel.
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline SteveP-52

• I just lurk, I'm no longer a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 08:02:56 PM »
I asked because so far, you've described an AirTact, which I do own...lol. The thread I wrote on that gun is right below this one.

Barrel set up you described is the exact one on my AirTact. so I'm now more curious...lol. Measure the receiver itself. The pic below
is my AirTact receiver. Measure your Alpha receiver between the arrows in my picture. Should be able to even assembled and let me
know the length you come up with from the front edge of the tube to the rear........
  • NY, USA

Offline A moron

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 08:30:12 AM »
Some companies make a model thats a just for Walmart .  Looks and named all the same as retail item but  little things in speces and part number are not.

Like a video card  theres some he had ne you buy normal like newegg or any store , but the best buy card is not quite the same.

Or a overseas model that liquidate through walmart that normally does not sell retail in the  usa?

Maybe be a hatsan walmat only alpha ?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 08:32:21 AM by A moron »
  • Florida (aka lower Alabama) usa

Offline A moron

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2022, 08:53:29 AM »
Well i see the alpha overseas looks like what you got 195m/s (640 fps)   170 m/s (550fps)

https://hatsan.com.tr/product/alpha/

Then the usa alpha

https://hatsanairgunsusa.com/product/alpha/

Now the catch i see isMax. Muzzle Velocity
(Lead-Free Pellets) .177 600 fps / (Lead Pellets)495 FPS

I notice overseas on this stuff they only seem to use one rating  unlike here in the usa its  one rating pba / lead free and then normal lead pellet rating.

So is the overseas guns only rated with lead pellets?    Cause it's not the same alpha thete as here.

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2022, 04:38:47 PM »
SteveP: the main receiver/tube is 11 5/8" long, not including the plastic trigger pack sticking out the back.

Other than the stock, the rest of the pics in your post look very similar. Trigger pack looks the same. But there's a roll pin that goes through the safety bar and a cocking strut thing, and there's a circlip that has to be removed to get those parts off, before you can take out the mainspring.

Also, there's a hole at the top front of the plastic pic rail for a screw (the grub screw you mentioned?), but in the Alpha it's empty. There's no grub screw in there. The main spring pin is the only thing that locates the rail.
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline SteveP-52

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2022, 05:07:10 PM »
The receiver on my AirTact is 14 1/8 inches so it tosses that random thought, which was they built an AirTact with a different stock
and put a softer spring in it.
Now with your shorter receiver, the guess comes back to someone putting the wrong springs in a batch of guns and you getting rifles
that shoot harder than than an Alpha should be.
  • NY, USA

Offline A moron

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2022, 05:42:22 PM »
I got to wonder outside cosmetics between that usa alpha and the eu alpha.  If the tube and spring is changed?

I guess i should of looked at the Walmart seller . Could be a independent guy that ordered from turkey or hatdan gell short of the USA alphas and made up that with a quick shipment grom turkey like a covid thing?

I got pellets from gamo usa the had were eu stickers on them during covid thing, so?

Then maybe the old been teplaced wirh the new model alpha, and no sale picture or specs were ever changed to show that?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 05:45:44 PM by A moron »

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »
I've one from Hatsan USA, as well, in case you missed it. They were both shooting the same way. 891 fps seems possible, lacking a chronograph.

I hardly ever have to shoot a pumper, anymore. Breakbarrels cover the entire gap, now.

By my own reckoning, I have springers doing roughly:
300 fps        Buckmark pistol
440 fps        Explorer rifle
520 fps        TR5
550 fps        Trevox pistol
600 fps        Alpha with spring cut all the way
700 fps        Alpha with spring cut to leave 1 coil or so of preload

If this is some mistaken shipment, and my rifles prematurely wear out parts, I'll be sure to post about it. The triggers seem perfectly happy. And these triggers are definitely above average for the price point.
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline A moron

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2022, 06:59:33 PM »
I guess i did.. sorry.

Still maube the guts been changed along  the way..

You know the good old subject to change without notice thing thay like to do..

Hatsan usa  dont like to maintain there web site at all .

Whays funny too is hard air mag. Featured it and stated up to 495fps and the eu looking one.
https://hardairmagazine.com/news/hatsan-alpha-an-easy-to-shoot-youth-air-rifle-for-2020/

Lol... Man you got a can of worms on this alpha thing ...

Anyway for thoes to get a quick look USA's and turkeys alpha pictures

Thay have the turkey alpha in the USA hatsan just not up front  its a alpha "QE".  $109 only 2 left..  but shows 495 with lead pellets.

I guess your down to contact hatsan support and get there  opinion..   

Your results are what stated with nonlead/ pba  ..     most over rate there guns fps... But?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 07:21:52 PM by A moron »

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2022, 08:06:49 PM »
Steve: keep that fake silencer. It might come in handy for the front sight.

The fake silencer has an ID of 0.98" I slit it lengthwise, along the bottom, using a hacksaw. Then it can just be forced over a 1" tube. (I have a few rifles modded with 1" steel tube moderators/shrouds). Then when positioned right, you can torch the tube to heat it up, then hot glue it into place through the side slits in the fake silencer.

So I used this to add a front sight to my long-ago modded Explorer and gave its scope to the Alpha. The Alpha has way better ergos for a scope, to me. And the Ruger is a joy to finally have open sights.
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline SteveP-52

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2022, 10:38:57 PM »
I haven't decided yet whether it's getting rebuilt or just kept as parts since I actually have 2 of them.

The first one I bought brand new when they first came out and had the older style Edge stocks. I managed to make a deal with HatsanUSA
to get my hands on the newer style AirTact stock before they were ever released for sale in the US. Only thing I've done with that one is
scope it and shoot it.

The one I did the complete teardown on was was my 2nd one and bought as a refurb from HatsanUSA with the intent to do just what I did,
then rebuild it only with a Vortex gas ram inside since I have several and an itch to see how easy it would be.

• NY, USA

Offline Earl

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2022, 04:48:01 PM »
I ordered the Hatsan Alpha youth air rifle from Walmart about an hour ago.
After reading this thread, I cancelled the order.
I want a low powered, low recoil, accurate, easy to cock, low noise, break barrel, but this does not seem like it is the 495 fps gun that I want.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hatsan-Alpha-Youth-Break-Barrel-Airgun-177-Calibier-Black-450-FPS/38040879
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 04:52:45 PM by Earl »
  • Lexington, KY, USA
Benjamin Marauder .177, Crosman Challenger .177, Umarex Gauntlet .177, Benjamin Discovery .177, Benjamin Maximus .177, Gamo Whisper Fusion .22, Crosman 2100B, Crosman 2300T, Browning Leverage .177, 2-CMP Daisy 853s, Daisy 880, Mrodair CP-1M .177, Mrodair CP2 .177, 10-Beeman P17s, 3-Crosman P1377s, Umarex Fusion .177, GameFace M4A1 airsoft, Crosman Vigilante, Umarex Peacemaker, 5-Bug-A-Salt, plus many others

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2022, 06:37:11 PM »
Yeah, good call.
Even after shortening the spring and getting it under 600 fps? It's decent to cock and accurate. But it's still pretty loud!

My Ruger Explorer seems to be actually designed to shoot 500 fps. Way easier to cock, way quieter. I can grip it right in front of the pivot to cock it. The new Alpha seems to be designed to use as many of the same parts as a full power rifle as possible. And they went at least one part too far!

Accuracy out the box, though? Hatsan is stellar. Ruger Explorer was a total dud that couldn't reliably hit tin can at 20 feet, until more than half the barrel was removed. This might be a problem with other low power rifles, too. My Explorer is a pure sniper,  though, at 6 1/2" barrel with a blooper tube. Inside a dime at 25 yards.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 07:13:35 PM by gloob »
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2022, 11:49:29 PM »
I got an Alpha in today I ordered from Walmart; the shrouded fake silencer barreled one.  It's a lot harder to c0ck, hits harder and is  louder than I expected.  I sure wish I had a chronograph. 
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2022, 12:26:04 AM »
I have a chrony, now, after I cut the spring down on them a couple more times since my last post. Just some info, in case you want to reduce the power of your rifle. 

With about 1mm of preload left on the spring, the otherwise stock Alpha is doing ~583 fps with 7.4's. Recoil and report is crisp and succint. Feels really good, with just open sights and weighing as little as it does. Cocking is so much smoother, and the "fury" is gone out of the report.

My chopped 12" barrel has the spring cut even more to allow a few mm of empty space in the tube. I have one of the biggest and probably one of the heftiest scopes that will fit on it weighing it down. It is shooting ~538 fps, with heavy and slow recoil.

Also, I don't know what I was thinking on my last post. Dime at 25 yards? No way my Explorer can do that. It starts to open up before it gets to 20 yards. My Alphas probably could, though, with some dome pellets.
  •  AZ, Phoenix

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2022, 12:46:58 AM »
Thanks for the info gloob.  I already hack sawed the moderator off.  I left the belled out start of the moderator just past the end of the barrel.  I didn't want to cut the barrel yet.  It looks a little like the door breacher on a shotgun now.  I figure it will at least protect the muzzle crown a little.  There's a washer and nut that must be some type of tensioning system inside the plastic barrel shroud. Maybe it just centers the barrel in the shroud.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2022, 12:53:10 AM »
Anybody got pictures of mods to their Alpha youth rifles?
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline gloob

• Marksman
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2022, 03:18:22 AM »
Did a few more mods to mine.

I removed the rear sight, shortened the forestock, and removed some of the weight from the cheek risers, because the rifle was a bit butt-heavy after adding the scope. (And the cheek risers are way too low, even with open sights!)

I like my scope to be low-mounted on this rifle for close range work. I removed some of the plastic to get a dollar bill to slip between the scope and the top of the picatinny rail. I also glued on one of my 8-rd "pez" pellet dispensers where the rear sight was. I also needed to shim the rear ring. Both my rifles shoot a bit low.

•  AZ, Phoenix

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2022, 02:40:18 PM »
Gloob, I'm going to cut my stock in the front like that.  I don't have the skills to do the muzzle weight yet.  Looks good.
  • USA, TX, Temple

Offline Bolillo

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2022, 10:42:38 PM »
Did a few more mods to mine.

I removed the rear sight, shortened the forestock, and removed some of the weight from the cheek risers, because the rifle was a bit butt-heavy after adding the scope. (And the cheek risers are way too low, even with open sights!)

I like my scope to be low-mounted on this rifle for close range work. I removed some of the plastic to get a dollar bill to slip between the scope and the top of the picatinny rail. I also glued on one of my 8-rd "pez" pellet dispensers where the rear sight was. I also needed to shim the rear ring. Both my rifles shoot a bit low.

What brand rings are those on the scope?  Are they rings for a Weaver base?
  • USA, TX, Temple