GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

ATF sealer on older Benjamin 342

(1/2) > >>

Wanderson:
Got a 90's Benjamin 342 that came backto life with a good soaking of Ballistol but recently gave up the ghost.

I know a rebuild is eventual but I'm toying with the idea of trying ATF sealer in the short term.

I've rebuilt a few Crosmans and had good results from just a good lubing or an alcohol flush. I've watched a few videos but not quite ready for a rebuild on the Benjamin just yet. My old Benjamin smoothbore pistol came alive after a good alcohol flush.

So anything special with using ATF sealer? Just add it like lube or does it need an overnight soak? Any risk to the stock if any gets splashed on & wiped off?

Goose:
Good questions.  It wipes right off of wood.

BB swears by Bar's transmission leak sealer.  I haven't yet used it, but plan to try it in one of my 760s.  Ten or twelve drops should be enough.  Any excess will be expelled, I imagine.

If you scroll down, you'll find his thoughts here - https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2020/07/bbs-bag-of-tricks/

Cheers,

J~

Wanderson:
Well it does work as promised, went from zero to hero. We'll see how it holds up but worth it.
Gotta try this on my Benjamin 130 pistol next.

Goose:

--- Quote from: Wanderson on December 22, 2022, 10:20:27 PM ---Well it does work as promised, went from zero to hero. We'll see how it holds up but worth it.
Gotta try this on my Benjamin 130 pistol next.
--- End quote ---

That's good news!  Glad to hear it.

Please let us know if it seals up the 130 as well.

Cheers,

J~

avator:
If it were me I would just reseal it, the gun is worth the effort. I just feel like using atf sealer or products like that will put added gunk in the valve that will need to be cleaned out later. I once tried Bars Leak and it was unsuccessful. That was a C02 gun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version