GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > The Long Range Club

What's your set-up for accuracy?

(1/8) > >>

customcutter:
I'm new to the NUAH club and long range air rifle shooting. 

What's your set-up for your best long range accuracy?  Do you use bags, front or rear?  Do you use a bipod?  Pics of your set-up if you have them.

Just trying to learn the best method or methods and techniques that folks are using. 

Thanks for the input!  Ken

Smok3y:
I use a bipod as it is much more steady than a front bag (for me). Also, having a rear bag is HUGE for consistency!  This is my Impact and I always have a bag in the rear as well. Just isn’t in this pic.

Doesn’t like my pic size from here.

customcutter:
Thanks for the reply Russ!  Too windy today to try again.  Hopefully the wind will lay in a day or so since the front pushed through.  Hopefully it won't be in the 30's.  LOL

Motorhead:
How about Mental State and keeping it real for expectations ?

If shooting with pellets in ANY caliber .. 100 yards or more is Way the He ll out there !!!
If shooting Slugs in the common .177 / .22 / .25 calibers .. 150 is far and 200+ is way the He ll out there !!!
If shooting .257 to .30 or larger then ones expectations at distance are improved somewhat. 

If one follows whats shared / bragged about on the web as being commonly practical or feasible your going to be disappointed.

JMO ... nuttin more.

customcutter:

--- Quote from: Motorhead on November 27, 2022, 04:38:01 PM ---How about Mental State and keeping it real for expectations ?

If shooting with pellets in ANY caliber .. 100 yards or more is Way the He ll out there !!!
If shooting Slugs in the common .177 / .22 / .25 calibers .. 150 is far and 200+ is way the He ll out there !!!
If shooting .257 to .30 or larger then ones expectations at distance are improved somewhat. 

If one follows whats shared / bragged about on the web as being commonly practical or feasible your going to be disappointed.

JMO ... nuttin more.

--- End quote ---

WOW!  Asking for advice on improving my techniques and my mental state is called into question!  Thanks Scott.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version