GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Need Recommendation On Pellets For 1977 Sheridan Blue Streak.

(1/6) > >>

Gebe:
I just received back a Sheridan Blue Streak that I purchased new in 1977 at the Beeman store when it was in San Rafael, CA. I purchased it as a gift for my brother at the time as I already owned a Blue Streak. I remember I paid $49.99 for it and that included the Williams peep sight already installed. Such a deal! Whatever happened to the one I had is lost to history!  :-[

My brother recently lost interest in it and he gave it to me. He had Dennis Baker do a complete service on it about 3 years ago and it’s in excellent condition as with the tune up, Dennis also refinished the wood. He does great work!

My brother also gave me around 100 .20 cal. pellets he had that he doesn’t remember what brand or type they are. They shoot fine and are accurate and hit hard but I have no idea what brand or weight they are.

I would appreciate knowing what do you folks that are Blue Streak owners recommend for available .20 cal. pellets that are accurate and good for small game? I live rural and plan to use this to cull some of these pesky squirrels that are so abundant around here.

I know I could contact Dennis for his advice but I wanted to ask you experienced Blue Streak owners advice on the best pellet to use. Thanks in advance!

19Sheridan57:
  I always have a stable full of Sheridans, up to about 1980 models. Sheridans are inherently accurate, period. All pellets should shoot reasonably well in one. The old stock in small tin cans or yellow plastic boxes, were probably the least accurate, but those put a lot of meat on the table for me.
  The standard Benjamin Sheridan shoot pretty well in them. These penetrate the best, too . The most  accurate seem to be JSB Diabolo. H & N Field Target are good, too. They all shoot better than I can. ENJOY !!

TooJung2Die:
I concur with 19Sheridan57 that the diabolo pellets are more accurate than the original "trash can" shape Sheridan pellets. My go-to pellet is the Crosman Premier Dome in the box, not the tin. Unfortunately they are no longer manufactured. I bought a few boxes while they were still available. You can't go wrong with JSB or H&N either.

Yng@hrt:
None better than these;

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/jsb-diabolo-exact-20-cal-13-73-grains-domed-500ct?p=477

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:

--- Quote from: Yng@hrt on February 05, 2019, 07:52:36 PM ---None better than these;

https://www.pyramydair.com/product/jsb-diabolo-exact-20-cal-13-73-grains-domed-500ct?p=477

--- End quote ---

Yep....they work real good for me...too !   ^

Best Wishes - Tom

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version