GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

CR 600

(1/2) > >>

slothart:
My family did Thanksgiving with my in-laws this year and my father-in-law surprised me with a gift he picked up at an estate sale on a whim.  A well used Crosman 600 with the original box and ramrod.  Surprised the heck out of me.

I picked up some CO2 cartridges while I was still up visiting, but it vented everything out the barrel and I put it aside until I could get back to my tools.

I got home last night and put a couple of drops of pelgun oil on and around the piercing pin.  I let it sit overnight and the oil has got it holding air and cycling, but it still needs to be resealed and cleaned.

Unfortunately, I don't have a single .22 pellet that will work with the feeder.

I thought it was cool blast from the past and figured I would share.

richard101t:
I just picked up one of these myself. I havent bought any co2 cartidges to test it out, but I bet it works. When were these made?

slothart:
1960-1970
On the Crosman website, they have the owner's manual and the exploded parts view.  Definitely check out the owner's manual before putting CO2 in yours.  There is a specific sequence for charging one and from what I have read they can be temperamental if not treated correctly.

I looked 600s up on some airgun classifieds, and I was surprised at what they go for these days.

richard101t:
I did see that they go for a few hundred dollars and up. I'm thinking about selling mine to make a few extra bucks for some Christmas money. If I decide to fire it I'll take to an expert and have it tested.

lizzie:
Wow- beautiful. ;D
I never see anything like that in my wanderings for cool guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version