GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

found a benjamin franklin

(1/2) > >>

mr1000fps:
looking on local classifides last night and there is an add for an old ben franklin. the add said .22 cal pump. has a pic, the gun looks to be in good condition. add says that he bought it thinking it was a 22 and he was disapointed it was a air gun. also states that gun needs restoration...he only wants $40 for it....hmmmm.....any thoughts or ideas????

lizzie:
That's what I paid for mine, and it's in pretty decent condition. If it isn't ragged out, and it shoots, it's probably worth it (imo).

aack73:
where was it located? there was a guy listed one some where near fayetteville NC for about that. it had some issues but was probably still worth more than $40. but too far for me to drive to look at it and i wasn't willing to take a chance on him shipping it to me.

amb5500c:
Buy it. If you dont like it, theres a better than good ghance that I or lizzie or one of the other collectors will buy it from you. But if you can, check it out first. It may treasure or it may be trash.
Richard

mr1000fps:
well...this is what i know so far...he lives 2 hrs from me. it is a benj. he said model 742 or 342. i know they made a 342 and the older ones had the tootsie roll looking pump on it. this one does not. he also said it needs rebuild cause it doesnt hold air..i know by chance some of them just need a little squirt of oil and some pumping to bring them back to life..it is also not the nickle one either....one more thing he said where the pump hooks on there is a nail holding it, not a pin....well from the pic of the gun,it looks to be in decent condition not great condition...it will probably cost me $35 bucks in gas to go look at this gun.. but im sure he will let it go for between 30-35 bucks maybe less...he also has , in box an old crosman powerline bb co2 pistol, says its a model 1200. this gun looks to be in great condition from the pic i seen. but doesnt daisy make the powerline? correct me if im wrong.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version