GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Vintage Air Gun Gate

Recent addition a 1930’s Benjiman 700 Rifle, Museum Quality.

(1/5) > >>

45flint:
Just got this today from a auction.  I really only have one other Benjamin and I concentrate on prewar airguns so this went with my early front pump pistol.  The rifle says it came form a museum but the surviving family really didn’t know anything about it.  Believe it or not it still pumps up.  Doubt it will hold overnight lol but that is crazy.  The old Benjamin finish is about as good as anyone could expect. 

Here is link to pics:

OTmachine:
Nice!  Have you had a chance to chrony it yet?  Curious how your repeating shot string is.

45flint:

--- Quote from: OTmachine on August 10, 2022, 06:23:14 PM ---Nice!  Have you had a chance to chrony it yet?  Curious how your repeating shot string is.

--- End quote ---

Shooting it is interesting.  I have the Flecther’s Benjamin Book and it has the orginal manuals.  On these early guns they tell you not to oil them!  This I don’t think has been shot since the 1930s?  Who knows.  The pump has great compression and I’m getting air in. It gives a pop of air out the barrel when the trigger is pulled. Haven’t put a BB in yet, just got it today. Its hard for me to believe that it will hold air for a period of time when its been dry for so long?  Wonder if anyone knows how to lube one safely?  My thought is I’m just happy that it fires, I really don’t want to put many rounds in it.  It really is a museum piece. Most all of these are beat to ————. 

OTmachine:
These are what I have.  Have not worked on them yet, but should have time soon.  The bottom  one was from Dean’s collection.

45flint:

--- Quote from: OTmachine on August 10, 2022, 07:53:54 PM ---These are what I have.  Have not worked on them yet, but should have time soon.  The bottom  one was from Dean’s collection.

--- End quote ---

Great examples! Would love to hear how you go about lubricating them.  I can’t understand what kind of valving these have where you were not to introduce any lubricants?  Strange to me since all my old Crosman get lots of lube?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version