GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Machine Shop Talk & AG Parts Machining

Threads and barrel sizes

<< < (3/4) > >>

luge007:
I was looking to expand the capabilities of my Airforce Escape SS, so I bought an 18" barrel for it.

The barrel I received was an AirForce PN: U1030, .22 caliber "heavy barrel". The barrel measures .6250 (15.88mm) at the muzzle & .3090"od (7.86mm) at the breach end.  INCLUDED is a delrin cap that fits in the end of the receiver tube to finish it off, like the ones shown on the end of non-SS models, as well as new set screws and barrel bushings.

Though this barrel did not come threaded, but there is plenty of material to thread the muzzle 1/2-20 if desired.

Hopefully somebody finds this info helpful.

buddyb:
Are Break Barrels threaded into the barrel assembly or pressed in?

Buddyb

luge007:
I can not speak of all break barrels, but most of mine are pressed in. (one old unit from the 40's appears to be machined out of one piece)

SILENT SQUIRREL:
Diana Chaser & Bandit:   M10x1
Webley Nemesis:  1/2-20 UNC
Discovery & Maximus: Get a DonnyFl slip on ( it has a extra set screw for front sight)

Will explore ATI Nova Freedom & Liberty

Back_Roads:
 I have a custom shroud on my 18" heavy barrel Escape UL from https://www.rlairgunsupply.com/ Keeps it quiet as long as your below the speed of sound, and your target doesn't react loudly ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version