GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Support Equipment For PCP/HPA/CO2

Connecting compressor to my Great White tank?

(1/2) > >>

colorider:
So, Iím thinking of getting a compressor to fill my Great White tank. I notice that almost all compressors come with the fill whip that has a foster fitting. Do I simply hook that foster up to the foster on the great white tank, or does the tank fill through the Din portion of the valve? In which, I would need to get a proper fitting.  Any insight as Iím sure many of you do this.  Thanks a bunch for the help! 

Frank in Fairfield:
If the tank has a hose, it has a female plug.
The compressor probably does too
You will need a double male plug to connect them unless you have a female fitting on your Great White.
Some people get the Great White that way.

So, get the compressor hooked up and running.
Close the de-pressure valve on the tank and compressor.
Open the valve on your tank and watch the gauges.
When you reach 4500psi, close the valve on the tank.
De-pressurize the system and shut the compressor down.

avator:

--- Quote from: Frank in Fairfield on May 23, 2024, 09:56:01 PM ---If the tank has a hose, it has a female plug.
The compressor probably does too
You will need a double male plug to connect them unless you have a female fitting on your Great White.
Some people get the Great White that way.

So, get the compressor hooked up and running.
Close the de-pressure valve on the tank and compressor.
Open the valve on your tank and watch the gauges.
When you reach 4500psi, close the valve on the tank.
De-pressurize the system and shut the compressor down.

--- End quote ---
Make sure you get a good coupler. I had one let go once at 4k psi and it was like trying to catch 2 insane rattlesnakes. Next I had to rebuild my compressor.

Rat Sniper (AKA: PaulT58):
If your compressor won't fill in one session, you may want to invest in a one way valve also.  These can be used in place of the connector mentioned above.  They only let air flow to the tank and not back to the compressor, which prevents back pressure from the tank to the compressor and helps prevent damage to the compressor.  I use one from Best Fittings, but there are others available as well.

Doug Wall:
You'll need a pretty good sized compressor the fill a Great White. The little 12V compressors won't cut it for that. Also, you should also invest in a good moisture/desiccant filter for the compressor. Water in a Great White can chew up the insides in a matter of months.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version