GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Crosman M-400 .22 cal. Repeater!!

<< < (4/6) > >>

mindsweeper333:
Bantam5s

Thanks for sharing , very nice 62 Model 400!

Regards ;
Garey

bantam5s:
I don't know if it's just my gun or not, but feeding can be finicky,  and I have found that the best practice is to life the bolt handle then rapidly run the bolt straight back & forth.
Try to lift and run the bolt handle all in one motion often creates a minor hitch / pause that leads to feeding troubles.

Matchstickshooter:

--- Quote from: bantam5s on June 21, 2024, 06:23:29 PM ---I don't know if it's just my gun or not, but feeding can be finicky,  and I have found that the best practice is to life the bolt handle then rapidly run the bolt straight back & forth.
Try to lift and run the bolt handle all in one motion often creates a minor hitch / pause that leads to feeding troubles.

--- End quote ---

Mine is a first variant, and that linkage is worn. Very finicky.

bantam5s:

--- Quote from: Matchstickshooter on June 21, 2024, 07:02:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: bantam5s on June 21, 2024, 06:23:29 PM ---I don't know if it's just my gun or not, but feeding can be finicky,  and I have found that the best practice is to life the bolt handle then rapidly run the bolt straight back & forth.

--- End quote ---

Mine is a first variant, and that linkage is worn. Very finicky.

--- End quote ---
What year ?
Mine is a '62 and I don't think it's all that worn, but it's still a bit finicky.

Matchstickshooter:
 I have looked that all over, and can find no serial number, or date stamp on the plug.

It has the safety through the stock though.  When I get a chance I'll look again.

I even went through my old posts from last Summer and found no date.

Mine seems to have a lot of slop between the rectangular hole on the breech cover and the rail that rides in it.
Best way to tell it loads is watch the pin on the mag.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version