GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Cheap rebuild for a Silver Streak?

(1/4) > >>

Kragman1:
So, I just left my local store with a 1908 or 81 Sheridan C series, clearly needs a reseal.  I now have 2, the other an inherited rifle.  Guess it's time to get them both up and running.

But I know that I know nothing about them and I'm not inclined to learn on them, unless it's a lot easier than I think.

Is there someone out there who will do a standard reseal on them inexpensively?  And, what parts/kit would you all recommend?  Not looking for a "steroid" rifle, but if standard Mac-1 parts make the most sense dollar wise, that's fine.

Thanks all!

brewbear:

--- Quote from: Kragman1 on September 12, 2023, 07:52:34 PM ---So, I just left my local store with a 1908 or 81 Sheridan C series, clearly needs a reseal.  I now have 2, the other an inherited rifle.  Guess it's time to get them both up and running.

But I know that I know nothing about them and I'm not inclined to learn on them, unless it's a lot easier than I think.

Is there someone out there who will do a standard reseal on them inexpensively?  And, what parts/kit would you all recommend?  Not looking for a "steroid" rifle, but if standard Mac-1 parts make the most sense dollar wise, that's fine.

Thanks all!

--- End quote ---
I'd say pm Mike Baker  he is a member on GTA. His prices are very reasonable and he does good work in my experience.

Kragman1:
Thank you Brew Bear.

Looks like I'll be buying some tools and a couple of seal kits from Baker.  A friend of mine (who actually does know what he's doing) offered to help me out with them, and he had the same recommendation.
So, sometime in the next month or two, I'll be getting an education.  Looking forward to it!

pgritty:
I use the tool below to remove the pins holding the pump arm and end cap in the pump tube. It can be used to replace the pins but it is a little harder.
Beats pounding those pins out with roll pins or worse straight drift pins.

https://www.harborfreight.com/heavy-duty-chain-breaker-66488.html
Pat

Kragman1:
Thank you Pat!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version