GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

PCP compressor recommendation

(1/11) > >>

johnbrown:
I want to buy a PCP air compressor and would like some recommendations.

I will only fill PCPs with less than 0.5 L air tanks.
I have no intention to ever buy a bigger tank.
I will only fill air guns and make sure it does not overheat.

I have read a lot on Yong Heng which seems to require a bucket of water, oil changes, etc, lots of hassle.

This is what I am looking for:
-simple way to use without much hassle
-reliable (last a few years), will also buy an extended warranty
-preferrably less than $300

Nomadic Pirate:
Not at all a compressors expert here, but I have a Nomad II and granted I might not use it as much as most people do but so far it has been amazing.

they tell you to check the Load as a warning when it's struggling and should stay under .30, so far I've never seen mine go above 22 and usually runs between 20.5 to 21.5

all I do if follow maintenance procedure, purging after the number of fills mentioned.

On Amazon there's several same type compressors anywhere in the 300-400 bucks range

sicumj:
I have a Nardi Atlantic 100 that recently went bad.  My needs are the same I fill my guns only.  I decided on a Yong Heng.  They seemed to have the best reviews for this type of compressor.  Been using it for about 3 months now and it works good.  Fills fast.

mrbulk:
This has been mine for over a year now, on average I fill four guns a couple times each weekly. No muss no fuss, just waiting for it to die then I'll simply get another.

Cost a bit more than OP's price range though:

5thumbs:

--- Quote from: Nomadic Pirate on October 17, 2021, 02:34:51 PM ---Not at all a compressors expert here, but I have a Nomad II and granted I might not use it as much as most people do but so far it has been amazing.

they tell you to check the Load as a warning when it's struggling and should stay under .30, so far I've never seen mine go above 22 and usually runs between 20.5 to 21.5

all I do if follow maintenance procedure, purging after the number of fills mentioned.

On Amazon there's several same type compressors anywhere in the 300-400 bucks range

--- End quote ---

I have a Nomad II also.  No issues with it after 2 years of use.   >300 fills and mostly the larger bottles on a Redwolf and Impact.   As Nomadic Pirate indicated, I also keep up with the oiling, purging, filter changes, etc.    I do see my meter read a bit higher than his.  Maybe around 25 or 26 at the most.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version