GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > PCP/CO2/HPA Air Gun Gates "The Darkside"

Rust in Air Reservoir

(1/5) > >>

Wolfdog91:
Thanks for the help on my last post but I got another question. I have a good bit of rust and crude in my maximus's air res' what could have caused this ? Always just used the Benji out.o that was supplied in the kit. Neve dropped it it water or anything. Only thing I can think of is the fact I'm in MS and out humidity is super high year round. Could that be it ? Also is this tube trashed or can it be salvaged ? And any where other then direct from crosman I can order a new one ?
Thanks !

Nomadic Pirate:
Why everytime I see a rusty reservoir is always a Crosman ?

Airnut:
Ouch... That don't look good!
Could have been caused by a few different things its hard to tell.
May have been moisture in your air supply,cheap tube material and there may have been a small amount of rust in it when manufactured. Or any combination of the three.
You would have to clean it up to really tell how bad the damage is but I wouldn't bother. I would be on the safe side and order a new one and inspect it very close before I installed it. Also install a moisture filter on the air supply. FWIW I put chamber lube down the fill port when filling every now and then to lube the internals.
Crosman will be the cheapest source for a new one. 

aimsmall:

--- Quote from: Wolfdog91 on October 16, 2021, 05:48:54 AM ---Thanks for the help on my last post but I got another question. I have a good bit of rust and crude in my maximus's air res' what could have caused this ? Always just used the Benji out.o that was supplied in the kit. Neve dropped it it water or anything. Only thing I can think of is the fact I'm in MS and out humidity is super high year round. Could that be it ? Also is this tube trashed or can it be salvaged ? And any where other then direct from crosman I can order a new one ?
Thanks !

--- End quote ---
no idea according to Manny that rust is just a myth

FuzzyGrub:
If the rust is deeper than the O-ring, water got in there some how.  If it stopped at the O-ring, then it is from trapped humidity.  If the later, might want to try cleaning it up and see how much pitting.  Tubes are around $20-30 from crosman customer service. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version