GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Big Bore AirGun Gate

AEA .45 challenger

(1/45) > >>

Ironman482:
Thought I'd start a new thread, I took the 45 apart this morning  , simple to work on, so I polished the trigger and sear ,polished the crown ,(it was rough) chamfered the ports at the barrel (not much ,need a better bit for my dremel) ,cleaned the barrel ,measured the twist 30/1 , the trigger measured at 7 lbs ,I'll ck again when I reassemble , the hammer spring is alot longer than the stock 357 ,that's all I got for now had to run some errands, the bolt is dragging on the o ring pretty hard ,gonna polish it too . Pics below.

Nomadic Pirate:
Looking forward for your testing for power with different ammo.

Spacebus:
I'm impressed with the quality of the parts and manufacturing, lightyears ahead of my Diana Bandit.

Wayne52:
DJ the Bandit is manufactured by a different company than the AEA guns I think.  The Bandit is built by Snowpeak.  That goes to show you that some of the China companies are indeed striving for better quality. 

Ironman482:
Did some more mods before I put it back together,  I drilled 4 more holes in the shroud block that threads onto the end of the barrel total of 8 now , the spacer that goes against that piece partially blocks the holes that let air back into the shroud,  so I chamfered one end of the spacer to let air flow through the holes better,  then I drilled 4 holes at the back end of the shroud to let air escape, put a piece of scotch pad around the barrel to slow the flow and quiet it down, the shroud only has 3 baffles so not BYF till donny makes a adapter. Got the trigger down to 5 1/2 lbs ,I think it will get better with use. Fired a mag over the chrony , the 1st two were errors, forgot to turn theight on duhh , # 3-969 ,4- 970 ,5 - 949 , 6-931 , that's with 200 gr slugs and 3400 psi fill. The poppet is the same soft looking material that was on the 357 , the poppet spring is massive, like to never got the retainer back on , pics to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version