GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Air gun Entertainment and reviews > Airgun Detectives

Beeman AR2078A Co2 Target Air Rifle "Full Review" by Airgun Detectives

(1/3) > >>

Airgundetectives:
This is a complete review of the Beeman AR2078A 10 Meter Target Air Rifle. This is powered by two(2) 12 gram Co2 cartridges.  This comes with the upgraded target stock & diopter peep sight.  We will show you the performance!  You also get to see "LUCY" 👍😉
#staytunedforairgundetectives #beeman

Bad News Beeman:
Fantastic overview of the AR2078A John! Thorough review as always, with every angle covered in awesome detail. The accuracy of the rifle is fantastic, true to form for a 10-meter gun. The power consistency is a particularly pleasant surprise though, given my experience with the QB78 variants which seem to drop off pretty steeply after a few shots in quick succession. Glad to see that's not the case here.

Been tuning into your videos for some time now and they've been incredibly helpful in making informed decisions on air gun purchases. This review is no different, I was on the fence about picking up this Beeman rifle, but after you and Lucy put one through its paces, it seems like a no-brainer buy, especially given the price point.

Thanks so much for the in-depth reviews, truly the best of their kind on YT!

lefteyeshot:
Great review, John. I enjoy all of your review. I have an AR2078B with the side lever and an AR2078 bolt action with the thumb hole stock. The de-gasing tool works fine on both guns. You may not be turning it far enough.

I scoped both guns right out of the box. I removed the front sights and slide the barrel weights up flush with the muzzle. I used short off set 11mm to picatinny adapters (Pyramyd part# PY-A-7424) with the off-set forward over the breach and use full sized scopes. A Center Point 3-9x40 mildot AO 12.5" long on the 2078 T.H. and a Hunt Down 2.5-10x42 mildot lum 13" long on the 2078B

LOP on the 2078 T.H. is 14" and has an adjustable recoil pad. The LOP on the 2078B is 13" and I have a Limb Saver slip over rubber recoil pad on it that adds 1" to LOP. The recoil pad on the A and B is ventilated rubber.

Trigger pull on both guns was 12 OZ out of the box and still is.

Great guns, love'em.

CCPD:
I know this is an older post, and maybe someone has chimed in since it was posted, but the degassing tool works fine.  You must pull the bolt to the rear, insert the degassing tool, turn the tool in the appropriate direction, and it will engage and release the CO2 within the tube. The tool will not work with the bolt closed.  Just wanted to clarify this, with all due respect. 👍

lefteyeshot:
Greg, the degasing valve and tool work on my 2078 and 2078B with the bolt closed. Go figure. Had to bend the handle so it would clear the scope.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version