GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

What do I do when I used EXTREMELY FLAMABLE silicone?

(1/3) > >>

BigBird:
I ran out of my ""usual" silicone and grabbed the stuff that I stocked up on BC (covid).

Squirted a little in the foster fill port and proceeded to pump.  Then looked at the bottle (apparently hadn't before).  It says EXTREMELY FLAMABLE!

I thought it was run of the mill silicone.  I only pumped to 300 PSI thankfully.  I did press the hammer handle down with the bolt open.

Now, what cleaning do I do?  Maybe I won't feel so bad using rubbing alcohol now.

BigBird:
My usual silicone on the left also says flamable.   What silicone is cheap and safe?  Also what silicone grease is cheap and safe.
BTW it pumped up like a dream...pitty.

Habanero69er:
You can pick up dialectic grease at Home Depot in the electrical department. Cheap & doesn't ignite. But any 100% silicone grease will work.

mobilemail:
You can get divers silicon in a tube in the plumbing department. If you want liquid get 100% silicon shock oil for RC cars.

Back_Roads:
 I would open up the pressure tube, make sure it is degassed, and wipe out any flammable residue let it air out overnight and reassemble, use the RC 10wt or so pure silicone shock oil.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version