GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

Hed dot sightes

(1/2) > >>

PGunner:
I ordered a steel breach for my Crosman 1377 and thinking of getting a red dot for it.
 Are they as bad as a scope for going bad ?

JohnN58:
Hello
I'm new to GTA so if my reply seems a little late please forgive me.

I personally used Red Dot sights when they first introduced in the 1970s; they were quite large and cumbersome and you needed to use both eyes.

Recently, I have taken a renewed interest in shooting and serviced my MkV BSA Meteor.  As I had no sights for it I searched around for what was on the Red Dot market, obviously I didn't wish to spend too much to begin with.  I came across these; they were cheap and are absolutely brilliant.

AOMEKIE Red Dot Sight Scope Tactical 4 Reticles Green & Red Air Rifle Scope with 20mm/22mm Weaver/Picatinny Rail Mount (Google the info left).

Hope this helps!

John

Back_Roads:
 If the optic is not going to be on a springer, they should hold up for a long time, may outlast the gun. Do not get the cheap Daisy etc. variety. These are great for pistols, also have one on my Crosman M77 gas ram co witnessed through battle sights, it has held zero over 100 shots, but that gun gets limited use these days with too many guns to keep in rotation.
 This will need an adapter to mount on 11mm rails.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-victoptics-1x-23x34mm-red-dot-sight-4-reticles.html

jkingrph:
Here is one that does not require an adapter for the 11mm dovetail

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291572330407

Mike -:
My recomendation...DO NOT go cheap !  You bought a good rifle, don't cheap-out on the sight..!

As with most things today, you (normally) get what you pay for.

Cheap = No or very short guarantee.  Very short battery life.  Have to buy oddball batteries.  Not sharp/crisp dots.  Accidently drop your rifle (pistol), and you'll be buying another sight if it lands ion the sight.
A little more expensive = Normally lifetime guarantees now days.  30,000 to 50,000 hour battery life (normal store bought).  Nice round, crisp dots.  Even with wearing glasses.  Drop one in this category, brush it off, and keep shooting !

Holosun, is a VERY good sight company.  Yes they are assembled off-shore, but so is the computer you are working on..!  There are a couple other good companies, but I've come to appreciate the Holosun brand for both their more inexpensive and their more pricy Titanium framed sights.  Sig Sauer is good, Vortex is pretty good.  There are others, but they are up there in cost.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version