GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

Plainsman MX175 Rifle!

(1/4) > >>

unionrdr:
 :o Yup. I didn't even know they existed until my buddy Grant Stace of NZ showed his. The pistols are all too common. But the rifles, for some odd reason, are rarer than Jurassic hen's teeth!? I have two of the pistols to go with it. It's another BB shooter. Since it's .175cal, or about 4.4mm. And BB's being 4.2-4.3mm, they work, especially since they're steel. The repeaters loading system uses magnets to move them along. This rifle can also use either the 8g Co2 capsules or the 12g. I cleaned it up after letting it sit in the cougar cave about 24 hours to warm up. For a walnut stocked rifle, it's surprisingly light? Said by one seller to be built from 1968  - 1971. I can find no information to substantiate this? Healthways info just isn't there? The pistols came out in 1969, yet are far more common?

And the loading tray, which won't stay in place? So a wire bracket or other is MIA?

And after a Rem-Oil rubdown;

And the Plainsman 175 pistols. The one with the white Circle P is the older of the two. Replicas of the Colt Woodsman, they became known by many of us as, " The American Luger" I remember the Colts being pushed in .22cal for their firepower in certain, unexpected woodland situations. Fore example, when you need to empty the clip in a snakes head right quick, as their promotional video used to depict at the gun shows.;

Roadworthy:
Interesting find.  Thanks for sharing.

unionrdr:
Definitely out of the usual? Odd that the pistols are so far more common than these rifles? I can't hazard a guess why? I still need to find out how the loading tray mounts in it?

OTmachine:
I have one that I have not got around to yet.  Here are some advertisement:

unionrdr:
Thanks for the adds! Saved both of them. Some good info in'em. I still have yet to find the part that holds the loading tray in place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version