GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Hunting Gate

Hog trail.

(1/6) > >>

Nomadic Pirate:
Today I took my new to me used .30 Storm that I got just a week back for a long hunt up the mountains.

After many, many miles I come back down and planned to go sit in my blind for an hour or so to finish the day.

Once you get at the foot of the mountain is about 3/4 mile to my blind I use a Hog trail in the tall grass.

The wind was blowing pretty good strait from my right,

When all of a sudden I heard the unmistakable sound of a porker making it's way through the thick tall grass I could tell it was to my right and behind but couldn't tell how far or close.

So I just stud there listening and trying to get a visual, when I could tell the porker entered the trail and was coming towards me.

got the scope at the bend in the trail and waited, with my left eye noticed a dark shape approaching the bend so I got ready.

Consciously I would never take an off hand brain shot at a moving hog, but in the heat of the moment it's all instinctive.

As the porker rounded the corner the head was a bit higher then I like but not to bad, the crosshair was in position in a split second and the 44gr pellet was out.

Where she fell

You can see the bend in the trail just behind her

The shot was about 15 yards, offhand and standing straight up

Tater:
Nice boar Manny. Glad to see you back in action.

Wayne52:
Great shooting Manny !!!

A.K.A. Tommy Boy:
Nice Boar Manny !   Great off-hand shot on that one.

(A Storm rages on a mountain hog trail)

Best Wishes - Tom

Nomadic Pirate:

--- Quote from: A.K.A. Tommy Boy on April 28, 2020, 12:12:22 PM ---Nice Boar Manny !   Great off-hand shot on that one.

(A Storm rages on a mountain hog trail)

Best Wishes - Tom

--- End quote ---

:) :)  thanks Tommy, always great to hear from you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version