Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: So.....what did you shoot today?  (Read 486691 times - 9 votes) 
)

Offline Arch_E

• Have fun and be safe!
  • Expert
  • yes
Re: So.....what did you shoot today?
« Reply #12900 on: November 23, 2022, 09:53:31 PM »
After a light lunch, I took my air pistols outside and shot some coke cans.  First with the Schofield, next with the Peacemaker and finished with the Crosman 357.  I don't know, maybe it's the newness, but I enjoy pushing a can further away with succeeding shots until it gets too far away for me to hit it. 

After 20-30 shots with each handgun, my fingers got too cold to load the tiny BB's and pellets and I went back in the trailer and resumed reading.  What did y'all do?

Cool Greg!

Which pistol do you enjoy more?

I've got a couple Colt SAAs and love them. My Crosman Vigilante is loud but awesome and accurate. I've looked long and hard (but not pulled the trigger yet) on both the Schofield and the Sheridan Remmington 1875.

thanks for posting,

Archie
  • USA, Near New Orleans, Louisiana
My growing assortment (it is not a collection!) of guns:
Gamo Swarm Maxxim .177; Crosman Nitro Venom Dusk .177
HW 97K .177; HW95 .177; HW30 .177
Hammerli 850 Magnum .177

Beeman P17; Crosman 2300S w/red dot--gifted from Oledawg: many thanks)
Colt SAA revolver, 5.5" pellet (John Wayne commemorative); 5.5" dual ammo, Nickel; NRA Colt SAA, 7" pellet; Remington 1911RAC BB; Crosman Vigilante; 1377 (w/stock); 2300S, 10" barrel with Wms & red dot; 2400KT, 18" barrel w/Wms Peep sight, .177

Online fireslinger420

• Plinker
« Reply #12901 on: November 23, 2022, 11:12:32 PM »
Ringing the gong with the Hatsan 95. Haven't shot this rifle in over 10 years and I forgot how hard this thing hits. ;)

Glad u like yoursÖ.I put mine (.22) away along with a torpedo 100x .25Öjust too much gun for my old azzÖ.good luck

It is a work out cocking the rifle and that is the reason why it sat on the rack for 10 years. I've read on these post with some of you guys pumping up 13xx up to 30 times which is insane. With my 2100 I'm more of a 3 to 5 pump man and just aim high :o.The 95 is the rifle that got me into pellet guns, before then I was strictly a firearms guy and thought of pellet guns as toys. Now I shoot pellet guns more than my firearms and having a good time doing it.
  • Shelby County, TN

Online Blowpipe Sam

• An ignorant doofus with no business being called a
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Luddite and 21st century hunter gatherer
« Reply #12902 on: November 23, 2022, 11:18:35 PM »
I just installed an RC roller bearing in the Fire/Prowler trigger group.

WOW!

Had to take it outside and test it.  Man what an improvement! ;D
  • Fire base Bert.  The last outpost on the Sopchoppy river.  Florida
My Battery
Hatsan Striker  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .22
Hatsan Mod  95.  .22
FDAR Xisico XS60c .22 
Crosman 1400 .22.  3rd model
Crosman 1400 .22.  2nd model
Crosman 1400 .22.  1st. Model
Crosman 2240XL 14.5Ē Carbine .22
Crosman Shockwave   .22
Crosman Fire (two) .177
Crosman 2100 .177
Crosman 1377 .177
Industry B-3 .177

Offline Spacebus

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #12903 on: November 24, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »
Three more red squirrels with the Stormrider. Then when I got back to the house I tried to check my zero with the three shots left, and couldn't even figure out where I hit! All three squirrels were hit where I was aiming, so I'm guessing I bumped the scope or barrel while walking back. I've been trying to save money lately, but I may splurge a bit for some CF tube to keep the POI from wandering on the 'Rider. While on my walk I realized why sometimes I miss squirrels entirely even with my Eagle Claw which never shifts POI. Sometimes I'm hitting twigs and brush that don't appear to be in the way of the squirrel. This morning I finally connected the twang I hear on half of my misses is the sound of the pellet hitting something and going off course. The other half of my misses are just due to the challenge of hitting a squirrel off hand in the woods.
  • USA, ME,  Machias
USA Ret.

Crosman 362 #785
"Mike Tuned" Ruger Airhawk .177
Chiana Bandito .25 regulated
SPA PR900W .22 regulated
Daisy 901
Seneca Eagle Claw .25 (36.5 g NOE 249-39 950 FPS)
A.E.A. .45 Bullpup (222 g NOE BBT 960 FPS)
Yong Heng & Hatsan 1.6l bottle

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12904 on: November 24, 2022, 12:55:34 PM »
There won't be any shooting at Lake Hawkins today.  It is flat raining a pisselum flood.  The street lights are still on, it's so dark out at 11:00 AM.
  • Pineywoods of east Texas
Gittin' old beats not gittin' old!

On the map!

Online Blowpipe Sam

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12905 on: November 24, 2022, 02:47:22 PM »
Three more red squirrels with the Stormrider. Then when I got back to the house I tried to check my zero with the three shots left, and couldn't even figure out where I hit! All three squirrels were hit where I was aiming, so I'm guessing I bumped the scope or barrel while walking back. I've been trying to save money lately, but I may splurge a bit for some CF tube to keep the POI from wandering on the 'Rider. While on my walk I realized why sometimes I miss squirrels entirely even with my Eagle Claw which never shifts POI. Sometimes I'm hitting twigs and brush that don't appear to be in the way of the squirrel. This morning I finally connected the twang I hear on half of my misses is the sound of the pellet hitting something and going off course. The other half of my misses are just due to the challenge of hitting a squirrel off hand in the woods.
Sounds like you had a good time!  Iíve missed more than my share this season.  Iím blaming foliage and twigs too! LOL! ;D

I set out this morning to bag a white squirrel I spotted yesterday at my favorite hunting place.  No joy. :(. At least not for me.  The squirrel is probably happy.  I ignored several gray squirrels hoping the white one would show up again.  Eventually, one particularly annoying gray female perched on a branch just twenty yards away and hollered at me.

That was enough. Out in our chest freezer is a big box of frozen fish.

Tonight she sleeps with the fishes.
My Battery
Hatsan Striker  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .22
Hatsan Mod  95.  .22
FDAR Xisico XS60c .22 
Crosman Shockwave   .22
Crosman Fire (two) .177
Crosman 2100 .177
Crosman 1377 .177
Industry B-3 .177

Offline bantam5s

• They might sound like a lot of work till you realize you only need 3-4 pumps for plinking.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #12906 on: November 24, 2022, 02:59:38 PM »
  • USA CA Arbuckle
PCP? I never touched the stuff !
No, it's a type of airgun !
Oh!, no I don't have one of those.

Offline Spacebus

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #12907 on: November 24, 2022, 04:26:32 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time!  Iíve missed more than my share this season.  Iím blaming foliage and twigs too! LOL! ;D

I set out this morning to bag a white squirrel I spotted yesterday at my favorite hunting place.  No joy. :(. At least not for me.  The squirrel is probably happy.  I ignored several gray squirrels hoping the white one would show up again.  Eventually, one particularly annoying gray female perched on a branch just twenty yards away and hollered at me.

White squirrel as in an albino grey squirrel?
  • USA, ME,  Machias
USA Ret.

Crosman 362 #785
SPA PR900W .22 regulated
Daisy 901

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • Happiness is a warm airgun... -Lennon Modded-
« Reply #12908 on: November 24, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »
Nuthin'
had my face stuck in a plate of turkey and trimmings.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Online Blowpipe Sam

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12909 on: November 24, 2022, 08:59:07 PM »

White yes, Albino no.  We have Leusistic or Amelanistic white squirrels here.  They arenít albinos but the strain that lives here is not always completely white.  The one I spotted Wednesday has a faint dark streak
down itís back.  Itís a recessive trait but its endemic in the local gray squirrel population so even two gray squirrels can have white young.
My Battery
Hatsan Striker  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .25
Hatsan Mod 125  .22
Hatsan Mod  95.  .22
FDAR Xisico XS60c .22 
Crosman Shockwave   .22
Crosman Fire (two) .177
Crosman 2100 .177
Crosman 1377 .177
Industry B-3 .177

Offline bReTt

• GTA Senior Contributor
    • TheCrookedNail
« Reply #12910 on: November 24, 2022, 09:47:15 PM »
HW30S at a can.  Maybe only 10 shots
  • PNW
backyard plinker.  🎯

Offline Spacebus

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #12911 on: November 25, 2022, 08:54:50 AM »

White yes, Albino no.  We have Leusistic or Amelanistic white squirrels here.  They arenít albinos but the strain that lives here is not always completely white.  The one I spotted Wednesday has a faint dark streak
down itís back.  Itís a recessive trait but its endemic in the local gray squirrel population so even two gray squirrels can have white young.

That sounds like the local squirrels are being inadvertently domesticated by living in proximity to humans. In a scenario without humans around a leucistic  animal would become a quick dinner for any predator in the area. I've heard about leucistic/piebald deer reproducing in my area since most of it is off-limits for hunting.
  • USA, ME,  Machias
USA Ret.

Crosman 362 #785
SPA PR900W .22 regulated
Daisy 901

Offline bear air

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #12912 on: November 25, 2022, 01:51:36 PM »
Took the 357 bottle armada out this morning. I just got a bunch of misc pellets and slugs and wanted to try them out. First thing I tried out was a 90 gr pellets and it didn't want to seat right. I got the pellet out and looked the ammo over and decided the 107 gr slugs might work. They are a nice wadcutter style of slug. I only have around 15-20 of these so I shot them sparingly. They seem to be just right for the chamber because they chambered perfectly with just the lightest bit of pressure at the very tail end. They also seemed to shoot right around 2 mildots below my zero at 50 yards with the FX hybrids. I ended up shooting around 30 shots or so. I took out some expired canned items and was grinning ear to ear shooting them with the hybrid slugs. There is still a lot of energy out there at 50 yards. I would definitely compare it to 22 rf type of energy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 01:54:05 PM by bear air »
  • Sioux City IA, USA
Psalm 107:14  He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains

Offline Privateer

• Sir Lord Knight of the 1st Order, Reverand, Lord Jeffrey
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • Air is free until you start compressing it!
« Reply #12913 on: November 25, 2022, 02:01:15 PM »
@Knothead

Now we need pictures of the bathroom tile!
I was in the flooring business for over 20 years so always like to see others projects.
  • Nevada, Ohio
Iíve got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel.

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #12914 on: November 25, 2022, 04:42:33 PM »
At about 25 yards, got Pop sighted in with the  Umarex NXG-APX. Then we were shooting cans off the t-posts, Pop with the NXG-APX and me with the Walther Parrus.
  • USA, Arkansas, Prairie Grove
Daisy 415 Co2 .177 BB
Daisy 426 Co2 .177 BB
Umarex XCP Co2 .177 BB
Daisy 1938 Red Ryder 70th Anniversary
DPMS Panther Classic A4 .177 UTG 2-16x44
Umarex Octane Elite .22 UTG 2-16x44
Diana AMO3 Stealth .22 UTG 2-16x44
Beeman QB78 Deluxe .177 UTG 3-12x32
Walther Terrus .177 (gifted by fwbsport) UTG 3-9x40
Walther LGU Varmint .22 UTG 6-24x56
FDAR XS60C .177 REX 3-12x40
Walther Parrus .22 Factory Sights
Feinwerkbau (FWB) Sport .177 Factory Sights
RWS 3400 .177 UTG 2-16x44

ďSlay dragons, do noble deeds and never, never give up.Ē

Find other GTA members in your area. 🇺🇸
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=962067

Offline Oldgringo

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #12915 on: November 25, 2022, 05:38:26 PM »
Nothing! It's not real cold but it is a dark, damp miserable day here in Lake Hawkins RV Park.  It's forecast to rain all day tomorrow but Sunday is predicted to be a sunny 60į day.  If so, my handguns and I will definitely be after some coke cans.
  • Pineywoods of east Texas
Gittin' old beats not gittin' old!

On the map!

Offline BanjomanMI76

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #12916 on: November 25, 2022, 06:26:53 PM »
I took the GWW .177 to the conservation club range. Shooting to find a tight grouping for this rifle. Just installed a Hammers 3-9x32 AO scope.
I had an H&N sampler pack and adjusted the target to 10 yards. After a couple of shots I adjusted the elevation down and the Crow Magnums and Barracuda hunter extremes did a nice job on the bull. Notice to self sometimes this range runs out of targets.
The H&N Hornets I gave up after 9 shots low to the right and no group to speak of.
Last pellet tried was the Field Target Trophy (tightest group) dime sized at 2 o'clock 10 ring on a shootNC target.
Beginning to like this springer.
  • Michigan
Daisy Red Ryder Number 111 Model 40    1946
Daisy Powerline 415 Pistol
Daisy Powerline 880 Shadow
Daisy 499B
Benjamin Marauder .22 SynRod
Diana Chaser Kit
Gamo Wildcat Whisper
Colt Commander CO2
Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Open

Online Acapulco

• Expert
  • ⭐ Commander McBragg ⭐
« Reply #12917 on: November 26, 2022, 04:13:37 PM »
Made it a point to go shootin today. It was a new spot across from a diary farm. I was able to shoot 80 yrds due to scrub brush but did some scouting and found a spot to shoot 150 yrds plus >:( ;)
Brought 2 guns...b50 .22 & mrod .25 ( my cheapest PCP's)  mrod really shined lobbin dem jsb pellets.

Screenshot-20221126-130259-Gallery" border="0

US    Big Bores Baby ...Big Bores  !!!   ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫ ⚫

God Bless America

Offline DIYengineer235

• I fix jet engines, and I know things.
  • Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #12918 on: November 27, 2022, 06:13:33 PM »
Got the crosman 760 out to christen the new shooting gallery I built over the last few weeks. Wish I could have gotten my whole arsenal out, but it was too wet. Still managed to tage each target at 10m off hand though, so feeling good.
  • USA, IN, Bedford
Crosman 760 w/ copper BB
Umarex Fusion .177 w/ Gamo Hunters
Crosman 1077 .177 
Gamo Swarm Whisper .22 w/ Crossman domes
Beeman Sportsman 1000T .177 w/ R10 Match

Offline Jshooter71

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • ~Ora et Labora~
« Reply #12919 on: November 27, 2022, 07:19:46 PM »
Shot the FWB Sport some this afternoon. With some good lighting, I was actually able to see my sights and target.  8)
  • USA, Arkansas, Prairie Grove
Daisy 415 Co2 .177 BB
Daisy 426 Co2 .177 BB
Umarex XCP Co2 .177 BB
Daisy 1938 Red Ryder 70th Anniversary
DPMS Panther Classic A4 .177 UTG 2-16x44
Umarex Octane Elite .22 UTG 2-16x44
Diana AMO3 Stealth .22 UTG 2-16x44
Beeman QB78 Deluxe .177 UTG 3-12x32
Walther Terrus .177 (gifted by fwbsport) UTG 3-9x40
Walther LGU Varmint .22 UTG 6-24x56
FDAR XS60C .177 REX 3-12x40