GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

Target Shooting Matches, Discussion & Events > Field Target Gates

March 25th Sacramento Valley Field Target Match Rescheduled to Saturday March 31

(1/4) > >>

22Jim:

Looking at the current and projected weather through this weekend I made a decision to reschedule our March 25th Field Target match to Saturday March 31. The chance of rain for Sunday has risen to 70% and it is supposed to rain heavily for the next few days which would turn our course into a muddy quagmire. The weather projections starting Monday through the following weekend are for warm dry weather.

Rather than cancel the March match I decided to schedule it for a Saturday, I hope you can make it, if not we will see you in April.

Jim in Sacramento

Your Invited: Sacramento Valley Field Target Match - Sunday March 25th,  Ione CA

Come on out and join us for the kick off of the 2018 field target season at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center. We will set up a challenging but fun course to give you a chance to test your progress in shooting Field Target.

The match is weather dependent and will not be held in persistant rain. We shoot from covered positions so the match will take place in a light rain. A decision will be made by 5pm Saturday March 24th if the match is canceled. The cancellation notice will be posted on the Airgun Warrior and GTA Field Target forums no later than 6:00pm Saturday. The good news is the weather for the match looks promising at the moment.

Sacramento Valley Shooting Center - Directions found here: www.sacvalley.org/contact.html
Upon arrival at the range take a right at the 'T', near the range office, up the hill to Range 6 (Silhouette Range). The match is open to anyone interested in learning about Field Target competition as well as experienced shooters.

Equipment requirements:
.177 or .22 caliber air rifle shooting at 20 foot lbs of energy or less. Almost all spring powered or piston air rifles qualify. Most .177 PCP rifles and most .22 PCP air rifles shooting 750 fps of less qualify.

Optional but recommended, a set of shooting sticks or adjustable bi-pod and a bucket or stool to sit on while shooting. Eye protection is required for all participants and observers.

The Game:
We will be shooting a field target match using knock down targets at ranges from 10 to 55 yards with bullseyes from 0.5 to 2.0 inches.

Course set up:...............8:00 am
Regstn and Sight In .....8:45 am
Match start:...................9:30am (approx)

Other information:
Match fees will be $20 per person
Cold Beverages and a light linch will be provided

Questions? Contact Jim Cyran at jimcyran "at" pacbell "dot" net

Gear_Junkie:
Outstanding - I'll be there!!!

gokidd:

--- Quote from: Gear_Junkie on March 19, 2018, 04:43:59 PM ---Outstanding - I'll be there!!!

--- End quote ---

Alright, Zack!
Regal Ready??
B

Gear_Junkie:

--- Quote from: gokidd on March 19, 2018, 05:06:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Gear_Junkie on March 19, 2018, 04:43:59 PM ---Outstanding - I'll be there!!!

--- End quote ---

Alright, Zack!
Regal Ready??
B

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure if the Regal will be ready yet...  The weather hasn't cooperated with getting it sighted in.  But if not, I'll be there with a lean and mean HW50 that will be ready to take down some metal animals!

Motorhead:
BRING SOME MUD BOOTS Folks !!
setting up & tearing down likely to be a bit challenging with all this rain & sadly not likely to drive my truck out into the ranges vast mud bog.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version