Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: USA manufactured Benjamin  (Read 733 times))

Online lefteyeshot

• without hope, without fear
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
Re: USA manufactured Benjamin
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2023, 01:22:48 AM »
i think the only gun that is still made in factory is the 760 pumper... which cost less now that it ever did (adjusting). strange... As far as how much would an american made cost?. exactly what you buy them for, new or used. The B19 platform takes on very well to tuning. I have a b19 (benji prowler) in .22 shooting 10.5 fpe, with a beautifully predictable and light trigger, stainless steel hardware, a 10.25 in barrel, cut, recrowned and polished to ghost the rifling and diminish drag. The gun is about 2 in shorter than a Red ryder, wears a wooden stock from a quest and a 6x bug buster. it will connect under 1 inch all the way to 25 yards (.772) and is a joy to cock and fire. I have tuned that gun myself here in the USA and spent about maybe 5 to 6 hrs total (my time, my fun... so free). The gun came to me for less than 40$ used. It will give my hw50 a run for its money... my advise?. Buy the one that pleases you most (crosman, benji, Stoeger, Bam, ruger, etc...) and give it a little love. It will reward you with good performance and cost a lot less than a tuned german or english gun. Give them a shot!

PS: also have a B26 shooting 10.8 fpe in .17. home tuned, HW80 barrel, great trigger (reckord copy) and i can use it for Hunter Field target succesfully out to 55 yards. started as a chinese gun... shoots as if it was hand assembled in the USA, cuz it was!
       B25: home tuned, ridiculously good trigger (feels like a TX trigger), 550 fps, 13 in barrel. Also reassembled here, with american TLC.
       Ruger Airhawk. home tuned 11.2 fpe (7.0 are its favorite pellets). < 1in at 40 yards all day long. (90$)

I'm covered up in the Crosman break barrel springers. Two Storms, one in a Benjamin T.H. stock, both with GRT triggers. A G1 Extreme in a Storm stock, Fury and Phantom all in old wood stocks and the roller bearing trigger mods. Except for the Phantom they're all tac drivers. Just got anther Fury and wood stock off Ebay and have a roller bearing and barrel weight in my tool box for it. They all make me feel I wasted money on my German guns. A couple of weeks ago at a fun shoot the G1 was holes touching at 25 yards and 5 out of 5 in a 3 inch bull at 50.

I got a B26-2 from FD with the full tune as is is a great gun. I have a old BHE springer in a X25 bamboo thumbhole and a Air Hawk Elite in the wood thumbhole Both good shooters.
  • Savannah, Ga.
Diana 470th, 56th, 350 PC
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima, 135, 155
Synergis
Win. 1000w, 800w, 1100w, 1100s
Webley Tommy, .22 Jaguar(Turkey)
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
Norica Massimo .22, Black Eagle
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Hammerli X2 dual cal.(Mendoza)
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Beeman 2016 dbl. brl. .177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm in Benj. T.H. stock, GRT
Storm GRT
CX G1 Extreme, 2 Fury, Phantom in wood RC bearings
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
Steoger Ducks Unlimited X3
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
TF89 (chopped, shrouded Beeman .22 Brl.)
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
Zogunz Hawk 010 .22 co2 (Phil.)
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)
XSP 120D single stroke dual cal. pistol
P17, Steoger XP4 single stroke pistol
Bunch of co2 BB pistols

Offline bantam5s

• They might sound like a lot of work till you realize you only need 3-4 pumps for plinking.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2023, 09:10:34 PM »
i think the only gun that is still made in factory is the 760 pumper... which cost less now that it ever did (adjusting). strange.
The 13xx, and 2240 still are as is the vigilante, and maybe the 362 ?
The 2100, Remington AM77, and legacy 1000 were also, but I don't think the AM77 and 2100 are in production anymore.

• USA CA Arbuckle
PCP? I never touched the stuff !
No, it's a type of airgun !
Oh!, no I don't have one of those.

Offline Marquette

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2023, 09:56:31 PM »
Are any of the Benjamin/Crosman/Chinese break barrels in the 10 fpe range? 
  • USA, MN, Maple Grove

Online lefteyeshot

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2023, 11:08:06 PM »
i think the only gun that is still made in factory is the 760 pumper... which cost less now that it ever did (adjusting). strange.
The 2100, Remington AM77, and legacy 1000 were also, but I don't think the AM77 and 2100 are in production anymore.

Vigilante packaging say, 'Made in the U.S. with globally sourced components.'
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:49:25 PM by lefteyeshot »
  • Savannah, Ga.
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima, 135, 155
Synergis
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm GRT
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)
Bunch of co2 BB pistols

Online lefteyeshot

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2023, 11:16:58 PM »
Are any of the Benjamin/Crosman/Chinese break barrels in the 10 fpe range?

I have two old Storms, a G1 Extreme, a Phantom and Fury, all springers. They're about the same gun as an Optimus. They shoot RWS Miesterkugeln 8.2 gr wadcutters 750-850 fps. 750 fps=10.24 fpe/ 800 fps=11.66 fpe/ 850 fps=13.16 fpe.
  • Savannah, Ga.
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima, 135, 155
Synergis
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm GRT
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)
Bunch of co2 BB pistols

Online lefteyeshot

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2023, 11:44:07 PM »

Vigilante packaging say, 'Made in the U.S. with globally sourced components.'

Says same thing on the 1377 packaging.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 11:47:38 PM by lefteyeshot »
  • Savannah, Ga.
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima, 135, 155
Synergis
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm GRT
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)
Bunch of co2 BB pistols

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • "If I could turn back time.... "
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2023, 08:08:20 AM »
You would be hard pressed to find ANYTHING 100% made and assembled in America.
And if you do, there are probably better options...  :o
"Better" has a wide spectrum of opinion.
  • From deep within the Rabbit Hole, Alabama

Offline bantam5s

• They might sound like a lot of work till you realize you only need 3-4 pumps for plinking.
  • GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2023, 01:06:57 PM »
You would be hard pressed to find ANYTHING 100% made and assembled in America.
And if you do, there are probably better options...  :o
"Better" has a wide spectrum of opinion.
Vaughan & Bushnell hammers are 100% American made, they even make their own handles from American hickory.
You cannot buy a better hammer either, a shinier fancier more expensive hammer maybe but not functionally better.

Channellock pliers are 100% American made.
Wilde, Mayhew, Starrett punches are 100% American made.

The Malco eagle grips were 100% American made and constantly tested to be the best locking pliers money can buy.
Sadly they were too expensive for their own good and production only lasted a year though, Snapon may purchase and continue production since they were rebranding them but who knows.

There are plenty of knives that are 100% American made too, and many of them are at the very top of the quality spectrum.
A good majority are very expensive semi-custom or small batch production, but they're out there.
I wasn't hard pressed to find these because it's something I care a lot about, and I can even make cases for why there are no better options out there.
All I'm saying is that you gotta care about and pay attention to American made instead of just saying " nothing is 100% made here " and writing American made off.
That is something a lot of people do, and that's just helping the situation get worse.

No matter what country somebody lives in they should try their best to buy domestic whenever they can even if it's not 100% domestic.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 01:12:26 PM by bantam5s »
  • USA CA Arbuckle

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2023, 01:26:25 PM »
Can't help but wonder where the steel was sourced from for all those tools you just mentioned.

Offline bantam5s

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2023, 02:55:35 PM »
Can't help but wonder where the steel was sourced from for all those tools you just mentioned.
There are standards and regulations for claiming MADE IN USA.
Percentages of materials and labor, if the steel was imported they could not claim " MADE IN USA" because the percentage of foreign components / materials would be too high, it would have to say " with global materials ".
A punch or pry bar cannot say " MADE IN USA " if the steel is imported, pliers could theoretically have imported grips ( channellocks code blue red and blue grips once were imported ) but that disqualifies them from having a " 100% MADE IN USA " claim.
A hammer might get away with imported steel , but I know for a fact that V&B uses American 1080 steel.

I could be wrong but the cost of importing the steel for something like hammers and pry bars seems high enough that you would just have the work done overseas and finish/ assemble here for a " ASSEMBLED IN USA WITH GLOBAL MATERIALS " claim.
You get that flag on the package, and a lot of people don't read the qualifier underneath it so they assume it's made here and buy.

With knives there are a lot of foreign steels to be found, but that is when the particular steel is the selling point.
Plenty of American steels are used, but lots of popular fancy steels have been developed in Japan.
Lots of exotic handle materials also are exclusive to other parts of the world.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 03:02:54 PM by bantam5s »
  • USA CA Arbuckle

Offline avator

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2023, 03:35:59 PM »
David...
I've worked in the automotive metal stamping industry for 20 years (now retired) and believe me when I say, there are many, many ways around marketing claims. All the steel we used came from China. Selling the scrap and trimmings to American reclamation companies was BIG business. Those reclaimed metals were melted down and sold all over the USA. At that point, is "Made in the USA" a valid statement?

Offline bantam5s

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2023, 07:34:28 PM »
David...
I've worked in the automotive metal stamping industry for 20 years (now retired) and believe me when I say, there are many, many ways around marketing claims. All the steel we used came from China. Selling the scrap and trimmings to American reclamation companies was BIG business. Those reclaimed metals were melted down and sold all over the USA. At that point, is "Made in the USA" a valid statement?
I still believe so.
There are purity standards for tool steels.
They can't exactly make a tool steel out of a bunch of unknown scrap they have to filter out impurities then add the carbon and even chromium...ect when it comes to various alloys, at that point so much work has been done here in the USA that it wouldn't really matter if there was some foreign scrap mixed in.

I see a lot of people with the attitude that being made here flat out doesn't matter because nothing is actually fully made here, or the common trope of " well where is your cellphone made " but I don't subscribe to that way of looking at things.

I believe people should support their own countries manufacturing force as much as possible, because things aren't going to get better if everybody jumps ship.

• USA CA Arbuckle

Offline bantam5s

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2023, 07:55:18 PM »
Basically I feel I missed out on when most things were made here so I always look for "MADE IN USA", it matters a lot to me and sometimes I will accept percentage of that happens to be.
I believe something is better then nothing, but I'm still reasonable.
Stanley has lots of " WITH GLOBAL MATERIALS " tools that are worthless junk, not all but many are.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 07:57:46 PM by bantam5s »
  • USA CA Arbuckle

Offline pan60

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2023, 08:01:33 PM »
Basically I feel I missed out on when most things were made here so I always look for "MADE IN USA", it matters a lot to me and sometimes I will accept percentage of that happens to be.
Stanley has lots of " WITH GLOBAL MATERIALS " tools that are worthless junk, not all but many are.
it matters a lot to me!! i go out of my way for MADE IN THE USA even if  have to buy somthing older and used.
i will also add 99.9% of my tools ( A LOT ) are made in the USA i have O interest in improt junk. and i am not say everthing improted is junk dont read something in not said :)
  • USA, AR, Dyer

Offline bantam5s

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2023, 08:34:29 PM »
it matters a lot to me!! i go out of my way for MADE IN THE USA even if  have to buy somthing older and used.
i will also add 99.9% of my tools ( A LOT ) are made in the USA i have O interest in improt junk. and i am not say everthing improted is junk dont read something in not said :)
From some countries it seems they're certainly more interested in exporting junk then they are good quality, it's often a matter of what they're willing to make what they're being payed to make and who's paying them to make it.

• USA CA Arbuckle

Offline pan60

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2023, 09:21:12 PM »
i have allways said a machine making widgets dosnt care where it sets.
but sadly when you purcase ten widgets from the same country or company and they are junk at some point it leaves a sour flavor.
  • USA, AR, Dyer

Offline lillysdad621

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2023, 09:25:53 PM »
t does not matter where your air rifle its made. Im sure if you pay the chinese enough they will be "as careful and diligent" as the germans when making your guns. Look at RWS... now selling chinese made guns, built to their standards. Lets not get into patriotic idiosincracies... Believe or not, even the qb78, which had its origins in the US, was made a lot better by the chinese under demands from a local tuner and airgun guru... that is how the QB77 and the QB22 were born. And they died when the bill for that level of refinement was deemed "not marketable" to the american shooter. So what did the chinese do?. made it cheaper and "acceptable' and they still selling boatloads (literally) to us and the rest of the world. Buy american BECAUSE you want to support your local economy (at the detriment of your own purse) or buy foreign made and hope that foreigners will always try to buy "american" products in their incessant search for our freedom.
     another great example is the daisy RR and model 25, which are a part of Americana as apple pie. Well, they are now made in china and are by far superior bbguns to the ones made here. Now why do i shoot my number 101 mod 33 (daisy for a buck)? because it reminds me of a different era, and all the good, american made tools and things we made back in the days... its only nostalgia that makes it valuable to me. But for punishing corks at 25 yards? chinese RR modified with worked trigger, metal lever, upped power and the right BBs (which by the way, are also chinese).
     I understand the point you are making, but dont allow that to cloud the view others may develop from their experience. I have seen what a Tony leach kit does to a B40... 180$ gun with  250$ internals... It outshoots my German made, tuned competition rig. The quality is there; you just gotta polish the poop off of it more...lol
  • Georgia

Offline bantam5s

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2023, 09:42:15 PM »
It may not effect the performance or quality,  but still matters to me.

• USA CA Arbuckle

Offline lillysdad621

• GTA Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2023, 10:08:56 PM »
 but still matters to me.

I hear ya bud... its an imperfect world. For whoever is interested, there are american made springers... The original benjamin quest, the ASP20, and who can forget, the NPSS guns of yore... with a little love you can make the first and third quite nice. The ASP?... needs nothing but they are expensive and hard to come by.
  • Georgia

Online lefteyeshot

• GTA Senior Contributor
  • yes
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2023, 12:48:02 AM »
As Roland said, "The world moved on".
  • Savannah, Ga.
BSF c60
Parrus wood
Dominator 200 carbine
Proxima, 135, 155
Synergis
Mendoza RM2800 repeater
CZ631, 2 CZ634
Beeman RS2.177/.22
Air Hawk Elite wood T.H.
Storm GRT
3 Crosman 3100(Spain)
RWS93 (Spain)
RWS320 (China)
2 TF99, TF59 GRT
B40, B26-2, B21, B20
2 B3-1
4 Peak B4-2
Model 62
2 QB6,
2 QB57
2 Fast Deer
2 B3-1AK
AR2078B, AR2078T.H.
EIG 1353 co2 (Japan)