GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Gun Gate

values of airguns

<< < (2/30) > >>

Booger:

--- Quote from: ezman604 on December 23, 2014, 09:35:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: stonykill on December 23, 2014, 09:28:12 AM --- IMHO the value of an air gun is the amount of money you will take to part with it, or the amount of money you are willing to pay for it.

--- End quote ---

THAT'S the answer in a nutshell.
:)

--- End quote ---

Recently I bought a tuned .22 HW97K & a tuned .25 MROD for $525 each, and was happy. I then decided I wanted to go mostly .177 for personal reasons. I traded the HW97K for a Santa Rosa R1 & the MROD for a tuned .177 HW97K and I couldn't be happier. Some may say I lost on the deal, some may say I made out like a bandit. So a lot of it has to do with what you want & what shows up at the time. If you are honest with the buyer/seller everything will work out. :)

Pappy:
Actually, however, just my humble opinion, the only value an air gun may have, is what someone is willing to pay for it.  You may not want to part with it for less than (x) amount, but in reality, you only get what the buyer is willing to pay for it.  Yes, very subjective, and pricing is being based off a very small, niche, market.

Allan

DavidS:
While I will not pay much for an AirGun, that is because I can not afford to.    So I do not measure the value in cash.

For me the measure of value of an AirGun is:
Value=(How_well_it_puts_food_on_the_table + ((2 * enjoyment_provided)/3) + (100 / purchase_price))/3

This is not a cash value, it is a true value with nothing to do with money (other than the lower the cost of a rifle for it providing food and enjoyment the better it is).

zandrew:
Is there a blue book for airguns?

I keep all my boxes...

ezman604:

--- Quote from: zandrew on December 23, 2014, 10:52:29 AM ---Is there a blue book for airguns?

I keep all my boxes...

--- End quote ---

Yep...there is.
http://bluebookofgunvalues.com/Airgun_Values/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version