Thank you to our advertisers!

Author Topic: Fun Shoot in Pittsburgh, PA Area?  (Read 4574 times))

Offline splitbeing

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Re: Fun Shoot in Pittsburgh, PA Area?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2021, 11:28:46 PM »
Looking for rabbits! Live in PGH
  • USA, PA, Pittsburgh
D48 .177 sniper 3-15x44 ao etched scope
K98 .177 open sights with bent hood
Meisterschutze .177 mantis 3-9x40 ao scope
Dragonfly .177 simmons 3-9x40 scope/handle (one pump to rule them all)
CMP Daisy 853 w/ diopter peep
Beeman 1357 sniper 3-15x44 ao etched scope
Beeman P17 cp pistol scope (workout gun)
Colt Peacemaker co2 pellet pistol
S&W 586 co2 pellet pistol
Gamo PT-80 Dark co2 pellet pistol

Offline BkYdPlinker

• Plinker
  • yes
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »
Hi,  I live about 1 1/2 hr east of pittsburgh around the johnstown area, id love to go out on a farm or something for an afternoon of plinking starlings, rats, or any other pests, with an air rifle. hit me up sometime with a pm. I log in here a few times a month.
  • US, PA
We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

Offline Nightwolf357

• HAVE AIR GUN WILL TRAVEL 🤠
  • Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2022, 01:49:53 AM »
I'm new at the GTA, and new into air guns...

I'm in the New station PA. area, I seen there
 are a couple you-all in my area, Had a few rough years,
Just getting up and moving again, Tinkering on air guns
have been therapy for me...

anyway when ever you-all are getting together I would enjoy the experience..

C  😎
  • USA, PA, Wyano

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2022, 04:08:34 PM »
Dbez1 (Dave) here and Iím located in the country outside of Ford City. Iím retired and really enjoy my PCPís. Iíve run several fun shoots for our church so if anyone gets a fun shoot going, Iíd be interested. I check my email often so am easy to contact.
  • Western Pennsylvania - Kittanning/Pittsburgh Area
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Gauntlet - qualified for NUAH Long Range Club
.25 - QB platform, heavily modified, HPA, 43fp
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold
.22 Maximus (Mrod trigger, Challenger trigger Guard, Neil Clague LDC, SS bolt handle, Disco spring)

Offline splitbeing

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2022, 07:06:28 PM »
Any interested members in the Pittsburgh area have a suggestion of where to shoot? Gamelands maybe?
  • USA, PA, Pittsburgh

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2022, 03:11:37 PM »
Any interested members in the Pittsburgh area have a suggestion of where to shoot? Gamelands maybe?
I have reserved the Fort Hand Rifle Club facilities for an Airgun-only Fun Shoot beginning  at 10 AM on Saturday, September 17, 2022. There is no cost involved. We have 10 outdoor benches where we can shoot out to 100 yards or so. In case of bad weather, there are six, 20-yard indoor benches where we can take turns. Itís about 45 minutes NE of Pittsburgh, just off Alt. 66 in a little village called Dime (about 10 minutes N of Vandergrift). There are a variety of local restaurants in the general area for lunch. I want to emphasize that this is a non-competitive fun shoot designed for any quality airgun and for novices as well as expert marksmen. No one should be intimidated by lack of knowledge or skill. Itís really an opportunity to get to know some new airgunners and have some fun along the way. Bring your friends as well as your guns, ammunition, air source, and some targets.   Iíve got four spinners Iíll bring and a large bottle of aspirin tablets as targets for indoor shooting. Youth are welcome on the condition that they are supervised by an adult and are capable of shooting in a safe manner. I hope to see you there and again, itís going to happen no matter what the weather!
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold
.22 Maximus (Mrod trigger, Challenger trigger Guard, Neil Clague LDC, SS bolt handle, Disco spring)

Offline splitbeing

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2022, 08:57:02 AM »
I have reserved the Fort Hand Rifle Club facilities for an Airgun-only Fun Shoot beginning  at 10 AM on Saturday, September 17, 2022. There is no cost involved. We have 10 outdoor benches where we can shoot out to 100 yards or so. In case of bad weather, there are six, 20-yard indoor benches where we can take turns. Itís about 45 minutes NE of Pittsburgh, just off Alt. 66 in a little village called Dime (about 10 minutes N of Vandergrift). There are a variety of local restaurants in the general area for lunch. I want to emphasize that this is a non-competitive fun shoot designed for any quality airgun and for novices as well as expert marksmen. No one should be intimidated by lack of knowledge or skill. Itís really an opportunity to get to know some new airgunners and have some fun along the way. Bring your friends as well as your guns, ammunition, air source, and some targets.   Iíve got four spinners Iíll bring and a large bottle of aspirin tablets as targets for indoor shooting. Youth are welcome on the condition that they are supervised by an adult and are capable of shooting in a safe manner. I hope to see you there and again, itís going to happen no matter what the weather!

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I'll be checking my calendar. Don't often get to try my hand at long range with the airguns.
  • USA, PA, Pittsburgh

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2022, 09:20:28 AM »
Weíll look forward to meeting you Ron along with some others. Marine86 and I are organizing this Fun Shoot and he has been talking about doing a pot luck lunch with his ham barbecue. Heís also invited a couple big names in the industry so this may become a bigger deal than originally thought. Weíll get back to you all with more details.
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold

Offline 86Marine

• Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2022, 02:04:59 PM »
Hopefully those I have invited to attend can fit our little shoot into their calendars. Either way it shall be a good time getting to meet, socialize and network with fellow airheads in our area.
  • Leechburg, PA, USA

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2022, 02:44:34 PM »
Hello airgunners. The exact address for our upcoming fun shoot on September 17th is:

Fort Hand Rifle Club
1174 Upper Mateer Rd.
Vandergrift, PA  15690

Remember that itís free and starts at 10:00 AM. If you canít make it until later, thatís ok too. Bring a friend. More information later.
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
Report on Fun Shoot in Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2022, 11:34:26 AM »
We had a great time. There were 9 shooters and I had to call it quits around 2:30. Guns represented were Daystate Redwolf, Taipan Veteran, Benjamin, Gauntlet, Avenger, and others that I canít remember. A lot of lead went down range. The wind flags were moving just slightly so the conditions were good out to 110 yards. Most brought targets of various sizes and descriptions and were placed from 30-110 yards. Phil provided a nice barbecue lunch and others brought a side dish. There was a ďfor saleĒ table. Kevin D. was our range master and he also had a blast shooting some of our extra guns. We ended the day shooting aspirin tablets (mostly laying down)  at 44 yards. If you hit them just right, they disintegrate in a puff of white. Very satisfying but itís harder than it sounds!  Many thanks to the Fort Hand Rifle Club for allowing us to use their facilities.  The question I got most was ďwhen is the next shoot?Ē Iíll notify you all in this thread, so put it on your ďwatchĒ list.  We have decided to shoot biannually. Again, sorry if you missed it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2022, 11:48:39 AM by Dbez1 »
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold

Offline splitbeing

• Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2022, 04:05:30 PM »
Thanks for setting up the shoot. I had a blast! A row of airgunners taking turns shooting aspirin tablets at 44 yds and silhouettes at 100 was such fun. Looking forward to the next one.
  • USA, PA, Pittsburgh

Offline Dbez1

• NUAH
  • Sharp Shooter
  • yes
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2022, 05:16:50 PM »
Thanks for setting up the shoot. I had a blast! A row of airgunners taking turns shooting aspirin tablets at 44 yds and silhouettes at 100 was such fun. Looking forward to the next one.
Youíre welcome Rion. It was nice to meet you and you did well with your Benjamin. Weíll see you next shoot.
.22 Taipan Veteran Long
.22 Mac1 Disco - sold