GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Scopes And Optics Gate

Sun Shade Anyone? (PICS)

(1/2) > >>

crowkilla:
After much searching for an after market sun shade to fit the centerpoint scope my XL1100 came with, I found one company and their flimsy products fall short of &^^&. So heres a couple of pics of the sun shade I made for my scope. It's a perfect fit. Sturdy but with a fairly thin profile. Heavy even rubber coating inside and out. I also made one for my BSA 6x24 44mm.

famine:
nice work what did you make it put of? I need to make one for my centerpoint as well

crowkilla:
Find a suitable plastic container with a slightly bigger diameter than the end of the scope, (note that the end of our CP3940AO scope has about a 1/2 inch reveal then the diameter of the objective bell rises an 1/8 or so,I taylored mine to fit tight over the reveal),I suggest useing a plastic that is sturdy enough to hold its shape, but with a thin enough profile to remain light weight and a bit flexible if need be. I used my ole ladies shampoo bottle,(it still had shampoo in it,she was'nt happy ;D). After you cut and square the ends make sure to sand the whole thing with 600 grit under running water before you apply your finish. 

Rico14:
Out of curiosity, where did you buy the sun shade that you didn't like, and what didn't you like about it? Thanks

crowkilla:
www.Lens-Shade.com They make the clear shot.Very flimsy,poor fit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version