GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > Air Guns And Related Accessories Review Gates

Shotgun scopes on springers...?

(1/4) > >>

Kragman1:
I'm wondering if any of the decent shotgun scopes out there (think Philipines or Korea made, etc) would hold up to springers.
And I figure some here must have tried it, and found out.  The hard way?  I hope not!

I'm hoping there's a decent 4x32 out there with 50 yard parallax that would go one a Hatsan 125 (I know, I know...) or even a medium recoiling springer like a D34.

If you have good dope, please share.

Thanks in advance!

maraudinglizard:
I have several of these scopes on my magnum brake barrel guns, they stay true. I have bought from this seller many times with no issues in shipping or packaging.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382309855367?epid=691360244&hash=item5903717087:g:g4MAAOSw3KFWegui&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4MkR1N5eQfPl4BF5Sp38K62TGql%2FcW4qBt5AZyMWKZ1s%2BpbOdPVwBNo4rynSiQddNKeTDDXXZD2BHA1gXCqljsDjGwZ0bbKfWXIJnYVYXJqXat%2B1sLCgJpSqCl%2BSUaPLzDlqIiyD%2FNPosvlLPHW%2B%2Bmmzb1i4dQ%2BBXjSMNGq07BE3SE26GVcar%2FZ6nIU0rPoK2ZaYZ51hZgCDfTuJirHB8yCkU0XNl8NgPrU79%2FTv7EX7BwPPLMbCSF9WHAzkEyiIkW6wiXbZnjxV5NlFf3n5Uo8IqFzItphWBbRMyLawuomp%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR4KrkO6CYg

Hoosier Daddy:
A shotty has one recoil... Rearward...Period.
A springer has two. Forward and aft.
That is what kills "non" airgun rated scopes.

On another note.... Who scopes a scatter gun? ???
I shoot mine with both eyes open and do quite well on the skeet range.

Kragman1:
I follow you Scott.  I certainly know better than to drop a CF scope on a springer.
That said, some CF scopes were also springer rated.  Some Bushnells, Nikons etc come to mind.
Which got me to thinking that a 4X or 2-7 shotgun scope with a 50 yard parallax could be very useful on a springer IF there a some around that, coincidentally, are tough enough to hold up on springers.

It's the "if" part I'm curious about, and looking for info from members here.  If someone has had good luck with one model or another, I'd like to know. 

Might even risk one on a H125...

Rick67:
Crossbow scopes work well on springers.

There was a write-up about it by Mcoulter/ Hector Medina about 3 years ago.

It’s said that crossbows have that dual recoil akin to springers.

Found it:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=160342.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version