GatewayToAirGuns.org    Donation

All Springer/NP/PCP Air Gun Discussion General > American/U.S. Air Gun Gates

2400kt scope elevation

(1/3) > >>

98m3s2k:
Hey everybody. Long time lurker but haven't posted in a long time. I have a question regarding an elevation problem. Equipment in question is a Crosman 2400KT with a UTG Bugbuster and monstrum tactical high rings. Scope has been zeroed using the mirror method. As of right now it holds zero. The problem I am having is that my point of aim is about 8 inches high above my point of entry. I have tried to move elevation down as much as the scope will allow and I am still 3 inches off target. I did have medium scope rings on but took them off due to pellet loading issues. Should I go back to them to get scope closer to the bore. Keep in mind I never tried to zero the scope with the medium rings. Hopefully someone has some input. I appreciate it. Thank you all.

TennX:
I cant answer your question other than to say…I had a similar problem with a Rex scope on med. rings….…2 strips of coke can shimmed the back ring and gave me all the adjustment I needed…lot of folks on here would argue that shimming could damage the scope….Ive never had that problem…others smarter than me will be along …good luck

98m3s2k:
I thought about doing the same thing. Just wasn't sure if that was right or not. At the end of the day this is a cheap plinker so if it works then that's great.

mobilehomer:
First, get the LOWEST rings that you can find. You want the objective to just barely clear the barrel.

98m3s2k:

--- Quote from: mobilehomer on May 08, 2023, 11:23:30 PM ---First, get the LOWEST rings that you can find. You want the objective to just barely clear the barrel.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into some new rings and go from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version